ImageImage

Anyone think Seth Curry could help our bench?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

td00
Sixth Man
And1: 70

Anyone think Seth Curry could help our bench? 

Post#1 » by td00 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:18 pm

Not saying it would be something to help us this year, but Seth Curry is putting up similar KK numbers in the D-League. I guess the question is can you get any defense out of him in spot minutes?

Yes, we have a set rotation, but I don't think you can ever have enough shooters, and Chicago somehow seems to always find guys to help them for a year or 2.

And being Steph Curry's brother sure can't hurt...........
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Re: Anyone think Seth Curry could help our bench? 

Post#2 » by PandaKidd » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:10 pm

I liked him in college, but he was terrible from what I saw at the combine. maybe a year developing did him good
theatlfan
Analyst
And1: 190

Post#3 » by theatlfan » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:10 pm

I don't see a purpose for going after Curry. I'd guess Curry's role would put him in direct competition with Shelvin Mack and it's not like Mack gets a lot of minutes in the 1st place. Also, we're already committed to paying Jenkins so it's not like we would be saving any money here either.

Funny that, unlike Panda, I didn't like Seth Curry at all in college but see some more usefulness out of him now. He only got into Duke based on his brother's success. He can shoot, but undersized, slow footed SGs are a dime a dozen in the NBA and he didn't bring much else to the table - not a play maker nor a D guy. Looks like he's modeled himself after his brother and has added more play-making to his repertoire though. I think someone could see him as a backup PG who can see court minutes with the 1st team as a shooter. Maybe pairing him up with MCW in PHI could suit both sides.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,934

Post#4 » by jayu70 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:24 am

Might as well keep JJ
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#5 » by PandaKidd » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:51 pm

theatlfan wrote:I don't see a purpose for going after Curry. I'd guess Curry's role would put him in direct competition with Shelvin Mack and it's not like Mack gets a lot of minutes in the 1st place. Also, we're already committed to paying Jenkins so it's not like we would be saving any money here either.

Funny that, unlike Panda, I didn't like Seth Curry at all in college but see some more usefulness out of him now. He only got into Duke based on his brother's success. He can shoot, but undersized, slow footed SGs are a dime a dozen in the NBA and he didn't bring much else to the table - not a play maker nor a D guy. Looks like he's modeled himself after his brother and has added more play-making to his repertoire though. I think someone could see him as a backup PG who can see court minutes with the 1st team as a shooter. Maybe pairing him up with MCW in PHI could suit both sides.

I mean , he had a few good games where he showed some flash, like RIvers, i never thought he was an NBA player
td00
Sixth Man
And1: 70

Post#6 » by td00 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:51 pm

I only mentioned it because we have the cap room, but it would impact a roster slot. I know its not of any urgency but he could develop into a terrific sharpshooter for us if he can handle the defensive duties.

I know we're going to give JJ the slot for the rest of the year though. Just looking at future development options.

Return to Atlanta Hawks