ImageImage

THABO AND PERO arrested for obstruction of justice

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,281

Re: THABO AND PERO arrested for obstruction of justice 

Post#61 » by Scase » Thu Apr 9, 2015 9:48 pm

Jesus, sorry to hear about this guys. I was rooting for the Hawks when the inevitable Raptors collapse (currently in progress) reaches its crescendo.
Props TZ!
Hawkeyes
Sixth Man
And1: 1,559

Post#62 » by Hawkeyes » Thu Apr 9, 2015 11:04 pm

He's a moron for going to the club that late, but pigs are corrupt as hell nowadays. Sickening.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#63 » by ATL Boy » Thu Apr 9, 2015 11:21 pm

This is Thabo's fault, and he did let coach Bud and his teammates down imo, but they actually fractured his Tibia! I hope the Hawks go after the NYPD with a lawsuit.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#64 » by PandaKidd » Thu Apr 9, 2015 11:57 pm

Guys theres ZERO evidence to suggest police brutality yet. All vids I've seen pick up AFTER he was in handcuffs.

Not saying police are innocent, but of he resisted and put up a struggle, they are in the right to take him down.

Let all facts come out before we start condemning
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#65 » by Paradise » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:19 am

Sorry to hear about this. As a Nets fan from NY it's disgraceful to watch two good guys in our league disrespected and manhandled by the NYPD.

I hope Thabo and Antic sue especially with no clear proof any of them were instigating the situation.
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#66 » by azuresou1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:20 am

Video of Thabo getting arrested

http://www.tmz.com/2015/04/09/thabo-sef ... aken-down/

NYPD is a piece of trash police department
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#67 » by Rip2137 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:12 am

If you listen to the onlookers who are saying "we got that on camera" and "why did they do that" and a bunch of naughty words spoken in French, that's a pretty good indicator that there was something dodgey going on.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#68 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:45 am

:nonono:

Nothing good comes from going to the club at 2am on a work day. The players look bad, the franchise is tarnished, the team will now suffer because of this nonsense.

I am unbelievably disappointed that this happened. Everyone involved bears blame in this fiasco.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Re: Re: THABO AND PERO arrested for obstruction of justice 

Post#69 » by dms269 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:49 am

Jamaaliver wrote::nonono:

Nothing good comes from going to the club at 2am on a work day. The players look bad, the franchise is tarnished, the team will now suffer because of this nonsense.

I am unbelievably disappointed that this happened. Everyone involved bears blame in this fiasco.

Exactly. Going to the club that late after your plane just landed and you are playing the 2nd game of a back to back the next night and your thought is "let's go clubbing"?
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#70 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:48 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THLMPHTDd-U[/youtube]
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#71 » by PandaKidd » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:27 pm

That video doesnt show what happened BEFORE he was in cuffs.
Rip2137
Analyst

Post#72 » by Rip2137 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:38 pm

The video does show them trying to put him in cuffs...which is when Pero allegedly interfered by grabbing a cop except he is sitting on the curb the whole time.

I guess the whole "players shouldn't go out" thing is just going to be something people wont agree on. I just don't agree that NBA players have to become hermits. But just to point out a fact, there have been more plane crashes in the last year than incidents at upscale clubs involving athletes. Yes, they had a better chance of their plane crashing at New York than this happening.

NBA players get off work around 12:30-1 am. So you are saying they should never go anywhere but home after a game...that's just silly.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#73 » by PandaKidd » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:46 pm

They can do whatever they want, but, I would think after locking up the #1 seed and having so much on the line, you would be a little more prudent then going out to a club at 4am the night OF a game AFTER a game.

It was stupid, no matter how many excuses you make.

No one is saying to be a hermit, but use a little common sense.
ATLHawksfan21
Starter
And1: 491

Post#74 » by ATLHawksfan21 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:15 pm

I'm fine with players going out. It only becomes a problem when people start sticking their noses in to other peoples business or arguing with cops.

It looks like other Hawks players were also in attendance that night and they were smart enough to avoid the whole ordeal.
Rip2137
Analyst

Post#75 » by Rip2137 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:04 pm

PandaKidd wrote:They can do whatever they want, but, I would think after locking up the #1 seed and having so much on the line, you would be a little more prudent then going out to a club at 4am the night OF a game AFTER a game.

It was stupid, no matter how many excuses you make.

No one is saying to be a hermit, but use a little common sense.

Common sense says nothing bad is going to happen. That's my point.

Again, this was not the slums they went to. They went to a upscale place meant to handle upscale clientele. If they were at some strip club at 4 am, I would have definitely had a problem with it. If they HADN'T just had a game, I would have a problem with it because that would point to more partying all night. But in this situation, they had just gotten off work about a hour earlier. But just from how they were dressed, they were just simply there to have a couple drinks, probably at the bar. Its not excuse making, its pointing out that this incident happened on a normal, everyday occurrence and in no way should could have been anticipated.

The real world equivalent would be locking up an important client and going to grab a drink at 6PM happy hour with coworkers. No one would bat a eye. So why is THIS stupid but THAT isn't? Just because?
Hawks champs
Junior
And1: 100

THABO AND PERO arrested for obstruction of justice 

Post#76 » by Hawks champs » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:20 pm

I'm pretty sure some people are more concerned about the other people that are out at 4am and what they might do to others they see going home or whatever. At least that's what I'd be concerned about.
Rip2137
Analyst

Post#77 » by Rip2137 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:53 pm

and if they were in the slums, I would agree with you. The "upscale" part of this is what I think some are missing. There is a big difference between going out a crappy place in a crappy part of town and going to an upscale place at the same time. If they were in some pool hall in the hood and this happened, then its totally on them, they should know better. I think people shouldn't focus on the when(because they work nights..they are going to have a different time scale than you and I) but on the where.

I also think people are being naïve to still believe the police report now that there is video that shows that at least part of it is full of crap.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#78 » by PandaKidd » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:01 pm

So upscale a stabbing happened. Youre right nothing to see here.
Rip2137
Analyst

Post#79 » by Rip2137 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:30 pm

And a robbery happened at Lenox Mall. You have to be smarter than to go to the mall on the middle of the day. That's just bad decision making.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#80 » by PandaKidd » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:35 pm

Rip2137 wrote:And a robbery happened at Lenox Mall. You have to be smarter than to go to the mall on the middle of the day. That's just bad decision making.

Ok, lets look at crime statistics in major metropolitan areas and see what has a greater occurence:

After 11pm

or middle of the day.

Dont be stupid. :crazy: :banghead:

stop equating a midday afternoon mall trip with going to a club in NYC at 3am

Return to Atlanta Hawks