Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

THABO AND PERO arrested for obstruction of justice 

Post#1 » by PandaKidd » Wed Apr 8, 2015 11:59 am

WTF

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/4/8/83 ... -sefolosha

Indiana Pacers forward Chris Copeland was stabbed and his wife slashed by a knife in a New York City nightclub incident on Wednesday, according to a wild report by the New York Daily News. Two Atlanta Hawks -- Pero Antic and Thabo Sefolosha -- were also reportedly arrested on charges of obstructing justice as a part of the incident
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Re: THABO AND PERO arrested for obstruction of justice 

Post#2 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Apr 8, 2015 12:18 pm

The past few weeks of the season have been...challenging.

This is very disappointing.
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#3 » by azuresou1 » Wed Apr 8, 2015 12:38 pm

What the **** is going on
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#4 » by Rip2137 » Wed Apr 8, 2015 1:03 pm

I can say with experience that"menacing" and "refusing to move" are two of the bullshitiest bull charges though. I will hold my disappointment until I hear what they supposedly did.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#5 » by PandaKidd » Wed Apr 8, 2015 1:04 pm

Mike Conti said that he has not seen them be "BOOKED" in other words they may have been written a ticket/citation and released.

But they played the suns at home last night, travelled to NYC then went to a club and they play tonight? Seems kind dumb to me, they prob didnt get to the club until well after midnight?

Im not one to tell a man what to do, but just DUMB that close to the playoffs to be risking anything. :crazy:
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Post#6 » by DirtybirdGA » Wed Apr 8, 2015 1:30 pm

Damn just touched down in NY after the game in GA.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
Rip2137
Analyst

Post#7 » by Rip2137 » Wed Apr 8, 2015 1:31 pm

Eh, this is the norm for NBA players. Something just happened to go down. They wanted to relax and have a few drinks with some friends. I have no problem with that.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

THABO AND PERO arrested for obstruction of justice 

Post#8 » by ATL Boy » Wed Apr 8, 2015 1:38 pm

It's probably nothing. But still, don't put yourself in that position.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#9 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed Apr 8, 2015 2:11 pm

I think it is a bullshht charge by who ever cop that did it, but i'm more like "why were they at the club in the middle of a back to back?"
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#10 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Apr 8, 2015 2:18 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:I think it is a bullshht charge by who ever cop that did it, but i'm more like "why were they at the club in the middle of a back to back?"

EXACTLY
Hawkeyes
Sixth Man
And1: 1,559

Post#11 » by Hawkeyes » Wed Apr 8, 2015 2:27 pm

Why are they rolling up to the club at 4 in the morning? Smh
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#12 » by Hawk Eye » Wed Apr 8, 2015 3:04 pm

PandaKidd wrote:WTF

Indiana Pacers forward Chris Copeland was stabbed and his wife slashed by a knife in a New York City nightclub incident on Wednesday, according to a wild report by the New York Daily News. Two Atlanta Hawks -- Pero Antic and Thabo Sefolosha -- were also reportedly arrested on charges of obstructing justice as a part of the incident

WHAT?! How has no one in this thread even talked about this part? Bro, if someone were to even attempt to do that to my wife I would have gone animal ape s*** on them. Is copeland and his wife okay? I wonder if bud will give Thabo and Pero like a one game suspension or something.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#13 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Apr 8, 2015 3:10 pm

PMOTT3 wrote:
PandaKidd wrote:WTF

WHAT?! How has no one in this thread even talked about this part? Bro, if someone were to even attempt to do that to my wife I would have gone animal ape s*** on them. Is copeland and his wife okay? I wonder if bud will give Thabo and Pero like a one game suspension or something.

Good point.

And it IS terrible.

But News Flash:

Bad things happen in NYC after 2AM.

Go home...you have to work tomorrow.

It's not their fault that it happened...but they bear responsibility for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#14 » by PandaKidd » Wed Apr 8, 2015 3:14 pm

Copeland and his wife , and apparently another 53 year old woman suffered no long term or life threatening injuries.

Pero and Thabo were never booked as far as anyone can tell.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#15 » by PandaKidd » Wed Apr 8, 2015 3:26 pm

Rip2137
Analyst

Post#16 » by Rip2137 » Wed Apr 8, 2015 3:38 pm

I'm sorry, bad things happen at 3pm in Sandy Springs. 99% of people will never be involved in any incident at the club. Just like most people will never be in a serious car accident. Bottom line, they don't report "three players went to the club, had fun and went home" which happens thousands of times per season. ONE incident happens and all of a sudden "nothing good happens". I personally have seen NBA players for other teams during the playoffs in nice clubs here, and its not a big deal.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#17 » by PandaKidd » Wed Apr 8, 2015 3:42 pm

Theres 1 way to insure stuff like this doesnt happen, if they went back to the hotel room this stuff doesnt happen.

Sorry, your argument doesnt hold water. This wasnt "Hey i went to get groceries and some random dude in the afternoon slashed me"

This was, 4am at a nightclub in NYC. Hopw many NBA /Rappers have we seen get the **** kicked out of them or have their careers almost end over this ****?

Tony parker anyone?

Just DUMB to be out that late at a club. Grown men, do what you want, but im entitled to my opinion
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#18 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Apr 8, 2015 3:54 pm

Rip2137 wrote:I'm sorry, bad things happen at 3pm in Sandy Springs. 99% of people will never be involved in any incident at the club. Just like most people will never be in a serious car accident. Bottom line, they don't report "three players went to the club, had fun and went home" which happens thousands of times per season. ONE incident happens and all of a sudden "nothing good happens". I personally have seen NBA players for other teams during the playoffs in nice clubs here, and its not a big deal.

getting stabbed at 3pm minding your own business in the suburbs...not the same thing as getting stabbed at 4am in a club in the city. I guarantee you alcohol was involved here as well.

It's about personal responsibility. Thabo & Pero made a poor decision...and ended up in jail.

I doubt team leader and captain AL Horford, devoted husband and new father was at the club at 4AM on gameday. Because he is more responsible than that.

And as a black man let me reiterate...nothing good happens at 4AM. I've seen too many young brothers shot, arrested or otherwise during the wee hours of the night. And there reasons for being out that late are NEVER positive/productive/responsible.

Going to the club on gameday...bad idea. Staying out til 4AM in NYC and getting arrested on gameday...COMLETELY YOUR FAULT.

But I digress. I will resign before UGA shuts me down for having an unpopular opinion.
TorontoSlaptors
Junior
And1: 319

Post#19 » by TorontoSlaptors » Wed Apr 8, 2015 3:54 pm

Crazy. This is probably how it went down:

Please check out our YouTube channel if you get a chance! Raptors all day! - Thumbhais
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#20 » by PandaKidd » Wed Apr 8, 2015 4:05 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Rip2137 wrote:I'm sorry, bad things happen at 3pm in Sandy Springs. 99% of people will never be involved in any incident at the club. Just like most people will never be in a serious car accident. Bottom line, they don't report "three players went to the club, had fun and went home" which happens thousands of times per season. ONE incident happens and all of a sudden "nothing good happens". I personally have seen NBA players for other teams during the playoffs in nice clubs here, and its not a big deal.

getting stabbed at 3pm minding your own business in the suburbs...not the same thing as getting stabbed at 4am in a club in the city. I guarantee you alcohol was involved here as well.

It's about personal responsibility. Thabo & Pero made a poor decision...and ended up in jail.

I doubt team leader and captain AL Horford, devoted husband and new father was at the club at 4AM on gameday.

And as a black man let me reiterate...nothing good happens at 4AM. I've seen too many young brothers shot, arrested or otherwise during the wee hours of the night. And there reasons for being out that late are NEVER positive/productive/responsible.

Going to the club on gameday...bad idea. Staying out til 4AM in NYC and getting arrested on gameday...COMLETELY YOUR FAULT.

But I digress. I will resign before UGA shuts me down for having an unpopular opinion.

Agreed with everything, but they werent jailed, as far as Ive heard. Think it was a citation and they were allowed to leave.

Return to Atlanta Hawks