ImageImage

Hawks-Knicks Rumor:Millsap for 'Melo

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Re: Hawks-Knicks Rumor:Millsap for 'Melo 

Post#21 » by MaceCase » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:08 pm

jayu70 wrote:I've referenced Team USA Melo but the more I think about it mmmmmm....on Team Usa he deferred yes but he was also playing with llayers BETTER than him so his mindset would be different. On the Hawks he would be considered THE guy, would he still be so willing to defer?
Not sure.

Ya, he came off the bench on that squad...... I have no idea why that get's overlooked.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#22 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:04 pm

jayu70 wrote:I've referenced Team USA Melo but the more I think about it mmmmmm....on Team Usa he deferred yes but he was also playing with llayers BETTER than him so his mindset would be different. On the Hawks he would be considered THE guy, would he still be so willing to defer?
Not sure.

Great point.

Also remember that the level of competition is laughable compared to the NBA. There are few players and fewer teams capable of putting up a fight against Team USA.

Facing off against LeBron is slightly more difficult than playing beside him...
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#23 » by Rip2137 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:07 pm

MrProb wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
MrProb wrote:Sup guys I'm a fan of Melo personally not a fan of Knicks or anything just following him around since he entered the league (been a fan of BB for over 18 years)

If you guys are saying that Melo is a ballhog and is not a team player, I'm pretty sure you guys very rarely watch him play that is all I wanted to say but personally, I would quickly agree to this trade and run, 100 times out of 100.

...Millsap straight up for Melo is going to get Phil Jackson fires and the stadium burn down if he ever agrees to that.

I appreciate your insight.

I want to point out that your signature plate includes a box score of Carmelo having scored 62 points and notching 0 assists in a game for NYK last year.

Those are the types of performances we DON'T want from 'Melo and that make us most hesitant to bring him in.

:-?

So...yeah. Assist percentage just means he is responsible for the assist when he is on the floor. Which means no other player really has the ball. His usage with his assist rate is abysmal. His defensive numbers are abysmal.

He can score, is not a good passer, not a willing passer, rebounds well for his position, and is a horrible man and team defender.

As for buying in, I am not sure why people think that a guy that has never given consistent effort defensively in his life(highschool, college, 13 years as a pro) would SUDDENLY even know how to play winning defense let alone sustain the effort. He played with a hall of fame coach, hall of fame guard, all-star caliber center and power forward and STILL didn't see he importance of giving a defensive effort or getting his teammates involved. Melo is our generations George Gervin.
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#24 » by PandaKidd » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:08 pm

MrProb wrote:
PandaKidd wrote:AST%??

I agree a lot of Melos hate is overstated, hes never had a good coach IMO, hes never bought into a system , he was hampered by Stats knees, but , lets not act like he is this pass happy SF.

Watch the games. He shoots a ton, he scores a ton, hes not looking to pass. Hes a supreme SCORER. Hes not a TEAM guy. Hes never made anyone on his team better. EVER.

Now hes played with JR SMith and some other terrible people......so.............

Alright... I now know if you really know or actually watch Melo plays or not but if you say so. I'm done here peace out and good luck people.

I bet ive seen Melo play more than you have.

8-)
LeMasta
Veteran
And1: 2,194

Post#25 » by LeMasta » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:15 am

Wasn't Teague included in their as well? Either way, It's just a rumour, right?
LeMasta
Veteran
And1: 2,194

Post#26 » by LeMasta » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:16 am

Wasn't Teague included in there as well? Either way, It's just a rumor, right?

Return to Atlanta Hawks