David Blatt visits Hawks

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

David Blatt visits Hawks 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Fri Feb 5, 2016 8:03 pm

Former Cavaliers coach David Blatt attended Hawks shootaround Friday morning at Philips Arena in advance of tonight’s game against the Pacers.

Blatt was inside the arena during the practice and spent time with Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer in his office afterward.

Blatt was abruptly fired on Jan. 23 after he coached the Cavaliers to the NBA Finals last season and the best record in the Eastern Conference (30-11) this season. Blatt said he has several good friends in the Atlanta area and has spent time here following his dismissal. He left the arena with Hawks assistant coach Neven Spahija, also a friend.

The Cavaliers swept the Hawks in the conference finals last season.

Budenholzer said Blatt was merely in for a visit.

“It’s always good to have a coaching colleague, friend, another (pair of) eyes,” Budenholzer said. “He’s very close to Neven. I’ve known him throughout the years. He came through San Antonio several times. Very good coach. Very much respected. It was nice to visit with him and catch up a little bit.” http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/basketball/former-cavs-coach-blatt-visits-hawks/nqKb2/?icmp=ajc_internallink_referralbox_free-to-premium-referral
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Re: David Blatt visits Hawks 

Post#2 » by ATL Boy » Fri Feb 5, 2016 8:17 pm

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

I'd love it if we hired Blatt as an assistant (not saying that this is what the visit means). Dude was a proven winner in Europe and his scheme is predicated off of ball movement, meaning he'd fit here (we didn't see that ball movement in Cleveland because Lebron and Irving like to play hero ball).

I don't doubt that Blatt will get a coaching job somewhere, he was given an unfair stake at Cleveland and it seemed like everyone was out to get him from he start (they forced him to hire Lue as an assistant, and payed him as the richest assistant in NBA history, for example).

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#3 » by Hawk Eye » Fri Feb 5, 2016 9:49 pm

Blatt would make a hell of an assistant coach here. I don't doubt Bud tried to persuade him during their meeting and bring him on board to the staff. However, I think blatt is going to hold out for another HC position.
Amerissexy
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Amerissexy » Sat Feb 6, 2016 2:51 pm

Trolling

-ATL Boy

Return to Atlanta Hawks