ImageImage

Is Korver finally back?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Is Korver finally back? 

Post#1 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:41 am

I hope that this doesn't jinx us, but has Korver finally returned to form since coming back from elbow surgery?

In the last six games he has shot over 500 from three and for me in the last three games, the way Kyle has been running around and stepping into his shot, he looks like the old Korver from last year.

Hawks have really suffered from not having Korver's and Carroll's three point shot this year. Hopefully Korver and some of the other guys like Dennis and Sap return to form in the second half of the season.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,926

Re: Is Korver finally back? 

Post#2 » by jayu70 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:57 pm

I think he has played better since January.
He did an interview with David Aldridge of NBA TV...(excerpt)
Me: I know a player's shot is a personal thing, like a pitcher's release point or a golfer's putting stance. But do you feel like with the new release point you have on the shot, that it feels right again?

KK: I feel like I don't think I'm trying to put anything back together any more. I think that's the biggest thing for me. After the surgeries it really took a lot longer for the dots to connect for me than I thought it would. You don't ever want to be a mechanical basketball player, but as far as technique and things, I like to have certain check points in my shot, certain things that I can count on and think about. It kind of helps me to be consistent. For a good part of the season, the dots weren't connecting. It was super frustrating. It hasn't been a great shooting season, the first part of the season especially, it's been a struggle. But I feel like the last little bit here, things are coming together, and it's got me excited about the last part of the year.

Me: Your shooting numbers were much better last month (38.7 percent on threes in January, after shooting 29 percent in December). Does the combo of the elbow feeling good and seeing the ball go in the basket more make you feel like you can get back to where you were last year?

KK: Yeah. My body feels healthy again. I feel like things have healed, and I'm back and whole. There was, I felt like I missed so many shots for a while, and I think mentally, that does throw you a little bit. The last month, having a few better games has been good for me. I mean, at the end of the day, shooting is about confidence and the right mindset. At the end of the day, you have to make a few shots to feel right. I feel like I'm heading in the right direction, so I'm excited.
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#3 » by PandaKidd » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:31 pm

need to see a larger sample. He certainly doesnt LOOK like hes back to me, although he has been hitting his shots more and more.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#4 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:58 pm

He is posting some encouraging shooting stats. For the month of Feb he's shooting 51.7% from 3-pt range thus far.

I would still shop him hard. At this stage, his greatest value is to a contender that could use his shooting to space the floor during the playoffs.

Last year's playoffs were very telling in the way teams like WAS effectively shut him down. I fear his days as a featured weapon and dependable starter are over.

Including him in a package deal could net us something valuable moving forward.

Return to Atlanta Hawks