ImageImage

2016 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Re: 2016 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#21 » by atlantabbq99 » Wed May 18, 2016 7:37 pm

Schroeder is the obvious choice for a Sixers' trade. Noel, Saric, Okafor, any one of the three would be good value on return for Schroeder.

Hawks can then use the 21st pick to get a guy like Wade Baldwin, who is like a poor man's Step Curry, as the Hawks new backup PG.
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#22 » by PandaKidd » Wed May 18, 2016 8:01 pm

I dont like Noel for DS. I just dont.

Young for young? Upside for upside? Theres a lot better possibilities out there where you dont have to trade DS. Teague is the guy you trade. you have a backup PG who could be a starter, why would you trade him and draft another backup PG?

teague is leaving in a year or going to cost you a lot more money. Hes the one that goes. Not DS.

The only way you move DS is if you get back starting caliber SF/SG and I dont see that happening. IF the hawks resign AH, why the hell would they need Noel? They will have Splitter/AH/PM/Tavares all in the front court with possibly Humph if he stays.

I dont see the hawks trading a PG for a big UNLESS AH walks, and even then, they would be better off gambling in free agency on a C.
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#23 » by PandaKidd » Wed May 18, 2016 8:03 pm

and all draft picks should be concentrated on SG/SF/PF PERIOD. Draft WINGS, SFs who can sometimes play PF. That is what they need to be stocking up on.

your starting SG is 35, your starting SF is Thabo (if baze walks)
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#24 » by Jamaaliver » Wed May 18, 2016 8:25 pm

PandaKidd wrote:I dont like Noel for DS. I just dont.

Young for young? Upside for upside? Theres a lot better possibilities out there where you dont have to trade DS. Teague is the guy you trade. you have a backup PG who could be a starter, why would you trade him and draft another backup PG?

I dont see the hawks trading a PG for a big UNLESS AH walks, and even then, they would be better off gambling in free agency on a C.

Everything you've stated is reasonable. it all makes sense. You simply have to decide who you'd rather build around long-term.

I still really like DS. But, I'm open to moving anyone who helps the franchise moving forward.

I also feel no need to force a decision between DS & Teague.

In my mind: The fate of one is no longer tied to the other. It ain't an either/or decision.

We spent the last decade as mediocre because we over valued our CORE players. Let's not make that same mistake again.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#25 » by Jamaaliver » Wed May 18, 2016 8:29 pm

ATL Boy wrote:I figure [Noel would] help in the rebounding department (8.1 rpg in less than 30 mpg). But most of his production does come from his defense which is really good.

I'll admit that the offense isn't really there yet, and that is a problem, but he's a young player who still has time to develop some post moves and a decent jumper. An influx of youth is what we need is it not? I'm sure he'll also benefit from having veteran players around him.

Hey. I like the kid and definitely see his value. I just have doubts Bud would develop him properly. Seeing so many centers come through here and drift further away from the hoop with diminishing results (or simply cast aside altogether)...I fear Mike Bud is the type of coach who values system over talent.

And I'm not sure Noel's very obvious talents fit in our space-and-pace style of play.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu May 19, 2016 5:57 am

PandaKidd wrote:I dont like Noel for DS. I just dont.

teague is leaving in a year or going to cost you a lot more money. Hes the one that goes. Not DS.

The only way you move DS is if you get back starting caliber SF/SG and I dont see that happening. IF the hawks resign AH, why the hell would they need Noel? They will have Splitter/AH/PM/Tavares all in the front court with possibly Humph if he stays.

I'm with you there, but that is not how the lottery worked out. I was hoping that the Bucks could move up a few spots to 7 or 8, because they have always had an interest in Teague. I was hoping that the Hawks and Bucks could do a straight up swap of Teague for Jaylen Brown or Bender.

If Jaylen Brown or Bender end up falling to #10, then i would rather do that trade then a Phily trade, but if no decent prospects fall to #10, then I would work out a DS, #21, and the MIN pick for Okafor. If that didn't work, then a straight up swap for DS for Saric or Noel.

If that didn't work, you could always trade Teague to the Knicks for Jerian Grant and an unprotetcted 2017 1st round pick, or Teague to the Pacers for Hill and an unprotetcted 2017 1st round pick
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 979

Post#27 » by Geaux_Hawks » Mon May 23, 2016 2:41 am

So I just made a ridiculous post about the draft in the off-season thread. It featured the possibility of acquiring Bender, Skal, and Korkmaz/Luwawu(take your pick of the 2).

I think a front court duo of Bender and Skal would be an exceptionally great idea considering their potential they have. They both are definitions of the modern big man. Mobile defenders and floor spacers, but what will make them better is that they can do more than just that.

Whichever one of Luwawu or Korkmaz would be great as well to add with them. Luwawu has the potential to be an amazing defender with upside on offense, while Korkmaz is a natural born scorer with ability to run the point.

Getting off my cloud 9 idea, I would be happy with at least 1 of those 4.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#28 » by Jamaaliver » Mon May 23, 2016 6:39 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#29 » by Jamaaliver » Mon May 23, 2016 6:41 pm

Oregon State point guard Gary Payton II will have a workout with the Hawks on Sunday in advance of the NBA Draft. The Beavers senior, and son of former NBA player Gary Payton, 16.0 points, 7.9 rebounds and 5.0 assists in 34.4 minutes in 31 games for Oregon State last season. He is expected to be a second-round pick.

The Hawks also will have power forward Joel Bolomboy in for a workout in the future. The 6-9 senior from Weber State also worked out for the Suns on Friday. He said he will visit the Spurs and Rockets before coming to Atlanta. Bolomboy averaged 17.1 points and 12.6 rebounds in 32.8 minutes in 30 games for Weber State. He is expected to be a late second-round selection.
Here
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#30 » by Jamaaliver » Wed May 25, 2016 12:10 am

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by Geaux_Hawks » Wed May 25, 2016 2:37 am

Jamaaliver wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/734892844561928193[/tweet]

Had to be with his defensive potential and mobility. We need a long shot blocker. Diallo at 21 would fill that need, but he's still along ways away.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#32 » by Jamaaliver » Wed May 25, 2016 9:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#33 » by Jamaaliver » Fri May 27, 2016 1:20 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#34 » by Jamaaliver » Mon May 30, 2016 11:25 pm

Read on Twitter

cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#35 » by cl2117 » Wed Jun 1, 2016 8:14 pm

HMFFL wrote:I won't be surprised if we decide to trade out of the first round for future draft considerations and a 2nd round pick during this years draft.

What about something like #31, James Young and/or a heavily protected future first (2018 most likely) ? Could throw on later/future seconds as well.

Not something I think the Celtics would actually do in real life, but trying to find a team in the 20s that might be willing to trade back into the 2nd round for future considerations for a hypothetical trade idea I have.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by Geaux_Hawks » Wed Jun 1, 2016 8:23 pm

cl2117 wrote:
HMFFL wrote:I won't be surprised if we decide to trade out of the first round for future draft considerations and a 2nd round pick during this years draft.

What about something like #31, James Young and/or a heavily protected future first (2018 most likely) ? Could throw on later/future seconds as well.

Not something I think the Celtics would actually do in real life, but trying to find a team in the 20s that might be willing to trade back into the 2nd round for future considerations for a hypothetical trade idea I have.

I don't think we would even consider trading out of the first unless we are getting a prospect/considerations we find appealing.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Jun 2, 2016 8:19 am

Blossomgame and Bolomboy have been killing it in workouts lately. I have been keeping an eye on those two and like them all the way back since March.

I was looking at Blossomgame and Bolomboy as possible 2nd round picks for the Hawks, but both are looking great in workouts. I still have Valentine as #1 on my board, but i now have Blossomgame and Luwawu tied at #2 and Labissiere and Bolomboy tied at #3.

if Blossomgame and Luwawu are there at 21, and i had to make the call, it would be a very very very hard decision for me, but i think i would be leaning half a percentage point towards Blossomgame. Luwawu could be the next Thabo or Batum, but i have a small feeling Blossomgame could be another Khris Middleton or Rodney Hood.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Jun 2, 2016 8:25 am

Marquese Chriss moving up the draft and could go as high as #3 to the Celtics.

This is great news for Hawks fans. Maybe this pushes Bender or Brown down and the Hawks can make a Teague trade with the Kings or Bucks.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by Geaux_Hawks » Thu Jun 2, 2016 3:31 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Marquese Chriss moving up the draft and could go as high as #3 to the Celtics.

This is great news for Hawks fans. Maybe this pushes Bender or Brown down and the Hawks can make a Teague trade with the Kings or Bucks.

This was my thinking as well, but Bender won't get past PHX, and Brown looks like a huge project. Good news is that I'm coming back around on Brown. His Physique and athleticism stands out way to much not to invest in him. At 21 I would love for Skal to drop there. That would give us 2 high upside guys that can grow with Dennis.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Jun 2, 2016 8:21 pm

Geaux_Hawks wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:Marquese Chriss moving up the draft and could go as high as #3 to the Celtics.

This was my thinking as well, but Bender won't get past PHX, and Brown looks like a huge project. Good news is that I'm coming back around on Brown. His Physique and athleticism stands out way to much not to invest in him. At 21 I would love for Skal to drop there. That would give us 2 high upside guys that can grow with Dennis.

Kawhi, Demarre, Korver, Baz... Budz loves projects.

Return to Atlanta Hawks