NBA Playoff Talk (non Hawks)

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#81 » by Jamaaliver » Tue May 24, 2016 3:47 pm

PandaKidd wrote:Well Toronto also has 2 players that can score at will. We did not. Lowry got to the bucket, hit 3s, and Derozan hit some really difficult shots.

He was so frustrated with Lebron guarding him, you could tell he wasnt liking the physicality of LBJ. They calmed down and got them on some switches and Derozan was MONEY from the elbow and baseline all game

Agreed. TOR also has a tough, physical inside defender making some of CLE wing players think twice about driving inside.

Where LeBron earlier this post season has had his way getting into the lane, (and passing to the wings when he is doubled) it's noteworthy LBJ has been settling more and more on playmaking from the outside.

The Cavs are also being limited on the offensive glass. So they only get one attempt...few of them in broken plays. and CLE has had trouble grabbing defensive boards...limiting those transition, three-point attempts before the Raptors can set their defense.

One of our issues, was that we rarely pressured Cavs on the boards (at either end). And our missed, long jumpers allowed LeBron, Love, JR, Channing to run straight to the 3 pt line and wait for the pass.

No longer an option against an inside player active on the boards in Biyombo.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Re: NBA Playoff Talk (non Hawks) 

Post#82 » by MaceCase » Tue May 24, 2016 5:41 pm

I don't know, LeBron is shooting 64% in this series, he's had his way with DeMarre and anyone standing at the rim in Toronto. The Raptors have been worse on their offensive boards than the Hawks were so I don't know how they are limiting transition there but they are limiting the Cavs on their offensive boards though.

There is however a rather big discrepancy between 8 and 5 players hitting over 40% 3point shooting against the Hawks and Pistons to having only two eclipse past that mark, one of which is Iman Shumpert who has taken only 5 attempts over 4 games. Cavs have gone from averaging 41% and 50% on 30+ attempts in their first two series to 33% on the same average of attempts against the Raptors. I'd say the death of their hot shooting while they are still chucking them up has been the biggest difference between them looking like the potential champions to being even with a team that struggled to put away two lower seeded teams over their first two series.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#83 » by ATL Boy » Wed May 25, 2016 3:43 am

OKC is peaking at the PERFECT time. They have the 73 win Warriors on the ropes, ready to deliver a knockout punch.

Russell Westbrook is everything I love in an athlete. He completely looks to annihilate his opponent on the court.

Billy Donovan needs to take a bow for this performance that his team has given, no matter what happens from here on out.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#84 » by Hawk Eye » Wed May 25, 2016 6:43 am

ATL Boy wrote:OKC is peaking at the PERFECT time. They have the 73 win Warriors on the ropes, ready to deliver a knockout punch.

Russell Westbrook is everything I love in an athlete. He completely looks to annihilate his opponent on the court.

Billy Donovan needs to take a bow for this performance that his team has given, no matter what happens from here on out.

No doubt about it. OKC's peaking right now feels so much like the 2011 Mavs. Nobody expected them to make it to the Finals let alone knock off the Miami Heat big 3 in their first year to win the chip.

I really wanted to see the rematch of Warriors vs Cavs but I'm starting to warm up to the idea of a Durant vs LeBron Finals. OKC big 3 against CLE big 3. The positions even matchup.

PG: Westbrook vs Irving
SF: Durant vs LeBron
PF: Ibaka vs Love

Though at this point I'm not sure if Ibaka is still considered part of the big 3--might be Adams now.
Rip2137
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#85 » by Rip2137 » Wed May 25, 2016 1:12 pm

MaceCase wrote:I don't know, LeBron is shooting 64% in this series, he's had his way with DeMarre and anyone standing at the rim in Toronto. The Raptors have been worse on their offensive boards than the Hawks were so I don't know how they are limiting transition there but they are limiting the Cavs on their offensive boards though.

There is however a rather big discrepancy between 8 and 5 players hitting over 40% 3point shooting against the Hawks and Pistons to having only two eclipse past that mark, one of which is Iman Shumpert who has taken only 5 attempts over 4 games. Cavs have gone from averaging 41% and 50% on 30+ attempts in their first two series to 33% on the same average of attempts against the Raptors. I'd say the death of their hot shooting while they are still chucking them up has been the biggest difference between them looking like the potential champions to being even with a team that struggled to put away two lower seeded teams over their first two series.

Exactly. They are missing the same shots they hit in the first two rounds. Simply put if they shot 33% from three against us or maybe even the Pistons, those are different series we actually did a better job defending then paint, and rebounding. The averages kicked in...about 6 games too late for us.
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#86 » by PandaKidd » Wed May 25, 2016 3:20 pm

Teague > Westbrook doe.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#87 » by PandaKidd » Wed May 25, 2016 3:21 pm

PMOTT3 wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:OKC is peaking at the PERFECT time. They have the 73 win Warriors on the ropes, ready to deliver a knockout punch.

No doubt about it. OKC's peaking right now feels so much like the 2011 Mavs. Nobody expected them to make it to the Finals let alone knock off the Miami Heat big 3 in their first year to win the chip.

I really wanted to see the rematch of Warriors vs Cavs but I'm starting to warm up to the idea of a Durant vs LeBron Finals. OKC big 3 against CLE big 3. The positions even matchup.

PG: Westbrook vs Irving
SF: Durant vs LeBron
PF: Ibaka vs Love

Though at this point I'm not sure if Ibaka is still considered part of the big 3--might be Adams now.

Itll be a happy ending either way. OKC/small market/Durant gets a Championship
or
The Land and Lebron get a ring. Lebron finally gets his ring without "help" IE I feel like this will be HIS RING, not HIS RING with D Wade.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#88 » by ATL Boy » Sat May 28, 2016 3:15 am

Cavs in the finals. If you had told me that before the start of the season I'd just say "duh."

If you told me in the middle of the season that they'd *probably being playing anyone other than SAS or GSW, I'd say that you're out of your darn mind.

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#89 » by MaceCase » Sat May 28, 2016 9:47 am

Cleveland got their 3 point game rolling again, closed out the series averaging 52% in their last two blowouts, 43% overall in wins, 33% in their loses.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#90 » by Jamaaliver » Sat May 28, 2016 3:31 pm

It's kind of a shame TOR nor MIA were at full strength by the end of their series.

Raptors just couldn't hang with a high scoring Cavs team.

TOR was held to 85 ppg in their four losses.

ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by ATL Boy » Sat May 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Raptors won two games but this really should've ended in 5 tbh.

Cavs shot 7-21 (stupid law of averages, kicking in a round too late) on open shots in game 4, while Lowry and DeRozen shot 20-31 on contested shots to get the Raptors like a 4 point victory.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 979

Post#92 » by Geaux_Hawks » Sun May 29, 2016 4:31 am

My goodness did the tonight's Thunder/Warrior game show the importance of having a go-to guy. Klay, Curry, Westbrook, and Durant(choked mostly) gave their teams baskets when they needed them, and always drew fouls. All we need is that one guy to give us the same kind of reliability. Tyreke Evans anybody?? He just seems to be wasting all of his talent playing for a team he doesn't fit with.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#93 » by atlantabbq99 » Tue May 31, 2016 4:55 am

Well Durant is good as gone. their is no way he is staying in OKC after this year.

I don't think Durant will join the Hawks, but Budz and the Hawks have to make a offer or pitch to come to Atlanta. Sell Durant the Hawks' great coaching, management, staff, and pass first sharing system.

Just like when Dwight and CP3 were plan A in free agency, and Millsap was plan B. Hawks should do the same thing, Have Durant as plan A but have plan B and C ready also
Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Post#94 » by Hawk Eye » Tue May 31, 2016 8:23 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Well Durant is good as gone. their is no way he is staying in OKC after this year.

I don't think Durant will join the Hawks, but Budz and the Hawks have to make a offer or pitch to come to Atlanta. Sell Durant the Hawks' great coaching, management, staff, and pass first sharing system.

Just like when Dwight and CP3 were plan A in free agency, and Millsap was plan B. Hawks should do the same thing, Have Durant as plan A but have plan B and C ready also

I have no idea what makes you think that with 100% certainty. His team just beat the best RS Spurs team in franchise history and took one of the GOAT teams to 7 games in the WCF. Most counted OKC out from the get-go once they beat Dallas in the 1st round.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#95 » by PandaKidd » Tue May 31, 2016 8:29 pm

Durants not going anywhere, hell sign a 1+1 deal and give it 1 more try in OKC
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,929

Post#96 » by jayu70 » Wed Jun 1, 2016 12:03 am

PandaKidd wrote:Durants not going anywhere, hell sign a 1+1 deal and give it 1 more try in OKC

This
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#97 » by ducler » Thu Jun 2, 2016 10:52 pm

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#98 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 3, 2016 4:06 am

NBA Finals Game One:

Ty Lue got out coached tonight.

His offense was stagnant, no movement off ball as Cavs players spent the whole night just standing at the three point line.

The Warriors spent all their defensive energy chasing the ball carrier. With the four defenders camped out in the lane to help stymie LeBron and/or Kyrie.

GSW was prepared for this offense tonight, and shut it down completely in the 4th quarter.

Lue might want to bench JR Smith in favor of Shumpert...and add Mozgov to the rotation defensively.

ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by ATL Boy » Fri Jun 3, 2016 4:19 am

Glad to see Shaun Livingston so successful after one of the worst sports injuries I've ever seen in my life. Dude tore his ACL PCL, and LCL, heavily sprianed his MCL, and dislocated his Patella. Gruesome.

MaceCase
General Manager

Post#100 » by MaceCase » Fri Jun 3, 2016 4:48 am

ATL Boy wrote:Glad to see Shaun Livingston so successful after one of the worst sports injuries I've ever seen in my life. Dude tore his ACL PCL, and LCL, heavily sprianed his MCL, and dislocated his Patella. Gruesome.

Sports medicine is a beaut, had that injury occurred 10 years earlier than it did and he's likely still walking with a cane today.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core

Return to Atlanta Hawks