Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Re: Playoffs Round 2: Atlanta vs Cleveland 

Post#301 » by PandaKidd » Sat May 7, 2016 2:43 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
PandaKidd wrote:Valiant effort, but , predictable. Embrace the tear down

Hey...at least Jeff Teague owns Kyrie Irving.

Legit Question: Do the Cavs look good enough to beat GSW or SAS in a seven game series to you guys?

LeBron has that unstoppable freight train look in his eyes. And with KI effectively creating for himself and others...keying in on him won't be as easy as years past.

They look .....competitive, better than last year. Their defense can be smothering at times. I think THIS CLE team is much better equipped than any other iteration to take on the warriors
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#302 » by Jamaaliver » Sat May 7, 2016 3:05 am

ATL Boy wrote:Some have to accept the burden of tragedy for the prosperity of others in this world, I just hope that one day we have a moment...where the fairytale doesn't end in an oh so cruel twist of fate.

Until that day, however, we accept that burden of tragedy as Atlanta sports fans.

Sorry for sounding overly dramatic.

I thought it was rather poetic. I only get by on the memory of 14 division titles, 5 NL Pennants and a lone world series.

All of which are literally a lifetime ago.
xccelerate
Junior
And1: 95

Post#303 » by xccelerate » Sat May 7, 2016 5:50 am

Horford had 1 rebound in 31 minutes.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#304 » by MaceCase » Sat May 7, 2016 7:03 am

Someone made a comment elsewhere that Al had a vintage Joe stat line. Tell the truth, I was so enamored by his offense, dunk on Love and blocks on Kyrie that I didn't even notice the rebounding. Looking at the rebounding disparity on the stat sheet afterwards though, ouch. Maybe the whole Al at PF versus C debates were unfounded, we found our new wing scorer instead!

Sap looked drunk in the first half, must have taken it upon himself to make sure that the Cavs had a good time at Magic City the previous night (Frye must have stayed in and reread Harry Potter though). He looked better in the 3rd and early 4th after a halftime coffee but must have been wearing a mocap suit in the late 4th because he was demonstrating ragdoll physics.

Feel like Bud pulled out every coaching trick he could to get this win. The lineup change, shortening the rotation, sneaky hack a Tristans to disrupt the Cavs' offensive rhythm, threw out about a dozen defensive looks, and it was all for naught. Team went from leaving guys on islands in isolation, switching every screen, doubling in the post, trapping the pick and roll off of Thompson, and Frye still managed to claim the bimonthly "Scrub To Go For A New Career High" award. Cavs are just too loaded, you could hold the stars in relative check but then JR or Frye will come out and drop near 30.

Just an awful feeling this morning.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#305 » by PandaKidd » Sat May 7, 2016 11:51 am

I had a buddy text me going into the fourth quarter "what do you think" and I said......

It's a 48 minute game. Down the stretch I have zero confidence on Hawks holding off the avalanche that's coming. The cavs hung around , hitting 3s here and there to keep it within 9ish points. I just had a feeling cavs would ramo up defense and that would be it, and it was.

Much better effort though I thought but this team lacks talent. People kepts sayimg the Hawks bench was better. I'm not really sure that's true.

Hope it ends Sunday.

I'm ready to start the off season debate.

Did anyone see that DS went straight to the practice court and put a curtain il and started shooting ala like Kyle Lowry ?
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#306 » by Maf » Sat May 7, 2016 1:51 pm

One **** rebound... In 35 minutes. Please don't give him max contract.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#307 » by ATL Boy » Sat May 7, 2016 1:57 pm

I'm with Mace here that I was so enamored with Al's offense that I didn't even notice how bad he was rebounding the ball. 1 board is absolutely unacceptable.

I hope we look at re-signing Kris, he's provided a great bench spark since we brought him in, and I think we would've at least taken game 1 had he played.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#308 » by Geaux_Hawks » Sat May 7, 2016 6:30 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Mind boggling that K Humph wasn't getting more PT earlier in the playoffs AND this series.

Good move to bench Korver and start Thabo. Threw off their CLE's entire defensive scheme to start the game.

Great job of getting Horford easy buckets inside. Attacking the rim. Working in the paint. Posting up early.

KK, off the bench, was getting cleaner looks than any post season game this year.

Teague played masterful game.

DS looked in control, with only minimal mistakes.

Horford is so much more effective when he is playing inside-out...instead of just living on the perimeter.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

This game shined a light on this team and what it needs.

Like Mace said, Coach Bud pulled every trick out the bag, but we still lost. what can we chalk that up to?? The Cavs just being a more loaded team, ours not having enough talent to win. Frye going for 27 was totally unexpected. I guess that's what we get for being stagnant as usual at the deadline.

KK to bench was the move we've needed for the longest. It took pressure off of DS as the lone guy of the 2nd unit, and not make mistakes. Unfortunately, we replaced him in the starting lineup with a guy with no offense. It worked out early because it threw the Cavs off, while Horford looked amazing, but still needed some kind of spark in that position.

KK wasn't the only guy off the bench that was a factor. K Humph finally got some good burn for us.

I wonder if coach Bud had an impact on Al's game. He played like we needed him to play. Games like these are to far in between.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#309 » by Geaux_Hawks » Sat May 7, 2016 6:34 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:Some have to accept the burden of tragedy for the prosperity of others in this world, I just hope that one day we have a moment...where the fairytale doesn't end in an oh so cruel twist of fate.

Until that day, however, we accept that burden of tragedy as Atlanta sports fans.

Sorry for sounding overly dramatic.

I thought it was rather poetic. I only get by on the memory of 14 division titles, 5 NL Pennants and a lone world series.

All of which are literally a lifetime ago.

Ahhhh the good times. The Falcons were in the Super Bowl during that time frame, and gave us some exciting years as well with Vick.
simon24
Rookie
And1: 199

Post#310 » by simon24 » Sun May 8, 2016 8:19 am

ATL Boy wrote:I'm with Mace here that I was so enamored with Al's offense that I didn't even notice how bad he was rebounding the ball. 1 board is absolutely unacceptable.

I hope we look at re-signing Kris, he's provided a great bench spark since we brought him in, and I think we would've at least taken game 1 had he played.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Kris should have started. It's not like Al's presence drew TT to the 3 point line. Atleast with KH starting Hawks would have a guy to bang with TT every play, maybe get him in foul trouble.
simon24
Rookie
And1: 199

Post#311 » by simon24 » Sun May 8, 2016 8:21 am

Geaux_Hawks wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Mind boggling that K Humph wasn't getting more PT earlier in the playoffs AND this series.

Good move to bench Korver and start Thabo. Threw off their CLE's entire defensive scheme to start the game.

Great job of getting Horford easy buckets inside. Attacking the rim. Working in the paint. Posting up early.

KK, off the bench, was getting cleaner looks than any post season game this year.

Teague played masterful game.

DS looked in control, with only minimal mistakes.

Horford is so much more effective when he is playing inside-out...instead of just living on the perimeter.

This game shined a light on this team and what it needs.

Like Mace said, Coach Bud pulled every trick out the bag, but we still lost. what can we chalk that up to?? The Cavs just being a more loaded team, ours not having enough talent to win. Frye going for 27 was totally unexpected. I guess that's what we get for being stagnant as usual at the deadline.

KK to bench was the move we've needed for the longest. It took pressure off of DS as the lone guy of the 2nd unit, and not make mistakes. Unfortunately, we replaced him in the starting lineup with a guy with no offense. It worked out early because it threw the Cavs off, while Horford looked amazing, but still needed some kind of spark in that position.

KK wasn't the only guy off the bench that was a factor. K Humph finally got some good burn for us.

I wonder if coach Bud had an impact on Al's game. He played like we needed him to play. Games like these are to far in between.

Now if Hardaway become ATL's version of Danny Green that would be huge.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Playoffs Round 2: Atlanta vs Cleveland 

Post#312 » by ATL Boy » Sun May 8, 2016 5:54 pm

Let's win one for mom!
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#313 » by ducler » Sun May 8, 2016 7:06 pm

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#314 » by Jamaaliver » Sun May 8, 2016 7:22 pm

This really seems like the last hurrah for a really good group of guys. If we go down today, I Hope we go out shooting...in a blaze of glory.

I want Millsap, Horford and Teague all to have big days...leave it all on the floor, fellas.

PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#315 » by PandaKidd » Sun May 8, 2016 7:45 pm

This isn't going to be pretty .

Cavs already hot from 3 and picking Atlanta apart
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Playoffs Round 2: Atlanta vs Cleveland 

Post#316 » by Jamaaliver » Sun May 8, 2016 7:45 pm

I love Kent Bazemore's grit, heart and hustle...but we got to let him go. We need a better offensive option at SG/SF.

THABO can not stop LeBron. He attempts to slow him as much as possible. But LBJ is just too big/too strong.

Ironically, Thabo has been a fantastic three-point threat in this series. Making the Cavs pay for leaving him WIDE OPEN.
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#317 » by PandaKidd » Sun May 8, 2016 7:50 pm

Harrison EFFFFING Barnes ^^^^
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#318 » by PandaKidd » Sun May 8, 2016 7:53 pm

Lebron just shoved bazemore in front of the ref no call
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#319 » by Jamaaliver » Sun May 8, 2016 7:56 pm

The referees do NOT respect Kevin Love...

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#320 » by Jamaaliver » Sun May 8, 2016 8:05 pm

Defenders all post season have been going under screens while defending Dennis in the Pick and Roll.

Today, Bud has Dennis running the Pick and Fade with the screen man fading to the 3-pt line for an open jumper.

A minor adjustment by Atlanta coaches, but a brilliant tactical approach.

Return to Atlanta Hawks