Hawks-76ers discussing deal

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Re: Hawks-76ers discussing deal 

Post#121 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:05 pm

PandaKidd wrote:I think if you posted a poll of who would you rather have, most people would say Ibaka. YOu cant teach height.

Ibaka is a mobile athletic big man who can shoot midrange and defend. One of the best blockers in the league. Can play multiple positions.

Not sure how most would value teague over Ibaka?

Remember when guys here stated they'd rather have Teague over Westbrook?

Over Kyrie?

Oh, my...us Hawk fans tend to massively overrate our own players.
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#122 » by PandaKidd » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:32 pm

LOL again its just MY opinion. I personally like Ibaka far more than Teague. I think Teague is a GOOD player, I think Ibaka is a GOOD player. But I like the skillset of Ibaka more
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#123 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:59 pm

jayu70 wrote:Like I said, the problem was Danny had a bag of nickles and dimes trying to pass them off as GOLD coins.
Nickles and Dimes are useful but just not worth much.

jayu70 wrote:Like I said before they have a sock full of nickles and dimes they are trying to pass off as gold coins.

So I mentioned before that Ainge had options to move the #3 pick but got greedy.
Jamaaliver wrote:^It certainly wasn't great. They had a top 3 pick and didn't even get a consensus top 5 prospect. Word is Danny Ainge had options to trade #3, but kept asking for too much...trying to win the deal instead of simply improve his team.

These are the type of deals I was referring to:

The Bulls held advanced discussions with the Celtics centered on Butler and the No. 3 pick, with whom they would've selected Providence guard Kris Dunn, league sources said. Several proposals were exchanged, including one with Jae Crowder and the Celtics' No. 3 and No. 16 picks, league sources said.

But the Celtics have a reputation of trying to win trades and kept changing terms, none of which ultimately met the Bulls' liking.
Here

He had the assets to get a deal done, but was so arrogant...he kept holding out for more. And lost.

Return to Atlanta Hawks