Hawks-76ers discussing deal

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Re: Hawks-76ers discussing deal 

Post#101 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:55 pm

jayu70 wrote:Like I said, the problem was Danny had a bag of nickles and dimes trying to pass them off as GOLD coins.
Nickles and Dimes are useful but just not worth much.

Man...if what they have are nickels and dimes...what the heck are we dealing with? Bitcoin? Pesos? Canadian Looneys?

All of our top assets are system specific. Meaning they have more value to us than to others.

All Star Jeff Teague just went for the #12 pick.

Serge Ibaka went for #11, a top shooter and a top young player.

In what world is Serge Ibaka that much more valuable than JT0?
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,931

Post#102 » by jayu70 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:59 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Like I said, the problem was Danny had a bag of nickles and dimes trying to pass them off as GOLD coins.

Man...if what they have are nickels and dimes...what the heck are we dealing with? Bitcoin? Pesos? Canadian Looneys?

All of our top assets are system specific. Meaning they have more value to us than to others.

Serge Ibaka went for #12, a top shooter and a young prospect.

You get no argument from me here.
Just pointing out the Celtics 'assets' and Danny 'the genius GM' = overrated.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#103 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:30 pm

jayu70 wrote:You get no argument from me here.

Big picture...I respectfully disagree. Not sure if you remember, but Celtics and Hawks were two of the worst teams back in 2007. Since then:

C's have 5 division titles, 2 Conference Championships, 1 NBA Championship.

There are maybe 5 GMs in the league with that type of resume.

They have a lottery talent on their squad. The next great, young coach on their bench. An AS PG they bought for cheap as the leader of their playoff squad. And they have multiple first rounders to deal in the next three drafts.

But, hey. Accomplishments are overrated, right? They can't all be as successful as Billy Knight, Rick Sund, Danny Ferry and Wes Wilcox.
PandaKidd
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#104 » by PandaKidd » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:38 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Serge Ibaka went for #12, a top shooter and a young prospect.

You get no argument from me here.

I think you are both kinda right.

If winning a championship is the Goal, then Ainge has not really hit on that at all.

If staying salary flexible/draft eligible and young (stashing tradeable assets) hes absolutely a genius.

The problem with the Celtics to me is they have no identity. They still havent hit that Superstar lottery since the KG/Pierce/Allen years. But I do think they are that 1 move away from really shaking things up. Who knows. Brown could be spectacular. They need one of these guys to become superstar, or use them to acquire a superstar. FA will be interesting to see which way they go.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#105 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:07 pm

PandaKidd wrote:I think you are both kinda right.

If winning a championship is the Goal, then Ainge has not really hit on that at all.

If staying salary flexible/draft eligible and young (stashing tradeable assets) hes absolutely a genius.

Crazy thing to think about:

Celtics could win 50 games, secure a top 4 seed in the playoffs. maybe even win their division...

AND STILL GET ANTOHER TOP 3 PICK NEXT SUMMER
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#106 » by MaceCase » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:38 pm

dms269-edited the post

We all know what the narrative would be if Ainge got the package that the Hawks got for Teague.

"oh Ainge is sooooo savvy! He got a LOTTERY PICK for a disgruntled one year rental that the team had no intention of re-signing coming off of an off year and INJURY! GENIUS!!!!"

But it's the Hawks so "meh, the Hawks traded an All Star for a middling draft pick"

Here's a perfect summary of Ainge last night.

LOSER
Boston Celtics
The best draft night of Danny Ainge's tenure running the Celtics came nine years ago, when he was able to select Jeff Green and ship him to Seattle in exchange for Ray Allen. That move set the table for Boston to acquire Kevin Garnett later that summer to form a Hall of Fame trio that produced two Finals trips and an NBA championship in 2008. Ever since Allen, Garnett and Paul Pierce moved on, Ainge has been stacking assets with the hope – or expectation – that he could pull off another franchise-altering deal.

Celtics fans are still waiting.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/draft-winners-and-losers-045714845.html

But ah yea, he may win a division title over the perennial powerhouse Sixers, Nets, and Knicks this season so Ainge=GGMOAT
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#107 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:48 pm

dms269- edited the post

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:So how'd Boston do?

It certainly wasn't great. They had a top 3 pick and didn't even get a consensus top 5 prospect. Word is Danny Ainge had options to trade #3, but kept asking for too much...trying to win the deal instead of simply improve his team.Their later picks were mind boggling reaches.

No one is above criticism and DA's night was very bad. No one is refuting that.

He misplayed his hand greatly.
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#108 » by MaceCase » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:05 pm

dms269- edited the post

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:So how'd Boston do?

Word is Danny Ainge had options to trade #3, but kept asking for too much...trying to win the deal instead of simply improve his team.
[/quote]

See how the narrative gets flipped for dear old Danny boy? Most everyone else will say "no one was interested in your middling picks and mediocre roster anyway", it was a consensus amongst multiple teams that they were having trouble flipping their picks but for Danny boy? "Nooooo, he only couldn't get a deal done for a star because he got too greedy"
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#109 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:15 pm

MaceCase wrote:See how the narrative gets flipped for dear old Danny boy? Most everyone else will say "no one was interested in your middling picks and mediocre roster anyway", it was a consensus amongst multiple teams that they were having trouble flipping their picks but for Danny boy? "Nooooo, he only couldn't get a deal done for a star because he got too greedy"

Pls don't make weird homosexual references here, man. I've mentioned it before. My daughter reads through here...a lot.

We both know where this is going:

My existence is God's mistake. I get it. Disagreeing with you is an unforgivable sin. That's fine.

But Somehow, me Jayu and PK are able to have adult conversations while disagreeing...yet you feel the need to jump in, overstep boundaries and add some pretty profane references.

Please. Stop.
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#110 » by MaceCase » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:24 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
MaceCase wrote:See how the narrative gets flipped for dear old Danny boy? Most everyone else will say "no one was interested in your middling picks and mediocre roster anyway", it was a consensus amongst multiple teams that they were having trouble flipping their picks but for Danny boy? "Nooooo, he only couldn't get a deal done for a star because he got too greedy"

Pls don't make weird homosexual references here, man. I've mentioned it before. My daughter reads through here...a lot.

We both know where this is going:

My existence is God's mistake. I get it. Disagreeing with you is an unforgivable sin. That's fine.

But Somehow, me Jayu and PK are able to have adult conversations while disagreeing...yet you feel the need to jump in, overstep boundaries and add some pretty profane references.

Please. Stop.

Uhm, naw this the first time I've ever heard of your daughter yet alone her reading through the boards.

I do know of your ex wife though! Because you of course compared me to her in the most adult, non-profane, and non-overstepped-boundaries of ways.

Careful boyo, your hypocrisy is already showing in your posting, let's not double down on it by feigning insult.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#111 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:31 pm

MaceCase wrote:Uhm, naw this the first time I've ever heard of your daughter yet alone her reading through the boards.

I do know of your ex wife though! Because you of course compared me to her in the most adult, non-profane, and non-overstepped-boundaries of ways.

Careful boyo, your hypocrisy is already showing in your posting, let's not double down on it by feigning insult.

Man, talk about feeling their emotions today. Seriously man. I've said it before. You gotta calm down.

Jamaaliver wrote:<sigh>

Please don't use the word 'rape' in general conversation on a sports blog. It is inappropriate. And insensitive.

Jamaaliver wrote:<sigh>

I care. And my daughter (a fellow Hawks fan) cares.

Thanks.

But seriously. Simulating oral sex in a trade forum seems over the line.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Hawks-76ers discussing deal 

Post#112 » by ATL Boy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:38 pm

Please get back on topic gentlemen.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#113 » by MaceCase » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:40 pm

Feeling my emotions? That's rich seeing as you carry around a quote of me as a sig.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#114 » by PandaKidd » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:00 pm

MaceCase wrote:Oh, the continuing to fellate Ainge continues. We all know what the narrative would be if Ainge got the package that the Hawks got for Teague.

"oh Ainge is sooooo savvy! He got a LOTTERY PICK for a disgruntled one year rental that the team had no intention of re-signing coming off of an off year and INJURY! GENIUS!!!!"

But it's the Hawks so "meh, the Hawks traded an All Star for a middling draft pick"

LOSER
Boston Celtics
The best draft night of Danny Ainge's tenure running the Celtics came nine years ago, when he was able to select Jeff Green and ship him to Seattle in exchange for Ray Allen. That move set the table for Boston to acquire Kevin Garnett later that summer to form a Hall of Fame trio that produced two Finals trips and an NBA championship in 2008. Ever since Allen, Garnett and Paul Pierce moved on, Ainge has been stacking assets with the hope – or expectation – that he could pull off another franchise-altering deal.

But ah yea, he may win a division title over the perennial powerhouse Sixers, Nets, and Knicks this season so Ainge=GGMOAT

I think you need to learn its a message board, and we are discussing OPINIONs. Not facts.

What I THINK of Danny Ainge is my OPINION. You cant tell me im wrong, just like i cant tell you you are wrong.

FWIW i didnt bash the Teague trade, I thought it was pretty great, getting a 12th pick for an expiring is ......dare i say.........genius :P
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#115 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:05 pm

PandaKidd wrote:FWIW i didnt bash the Teague trade, I thought it was pretty great, getting a 12th pick for an expiring is ......dare i say.........genius :P

Dude. I thought it was pretty solid until I saw expiring Ibaka net #11, Oladipo and a three point shooting role player!!!!

Just...wow.

Someone thought Serge is twice as valuable as JT0.

That boggles the mind.
MaceCase
General Manager

Post#116 » by MaceCase » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:16 pm

PandaKidd wrote:
MaceCase wrote:Oh, the continuing to fellate Ainge continues. We all know what the narrative would be if Ainge got the package that the Hawks got for Teague.

LOSER
Boston Celtics

I think you need to learn its a message board, and we are discussing OPINIONs. Not facts.

What I THINK of Danny Ainge is my OPINION. You cant tell me im wrong, just like i cant tell you you are wrong.

FWIW i didnt bash the Teague trade, I thought it was pretty great, getting a 12th pick for an expiring is ......dare i say.........genius :P

No, message boards can deal in facts too. You can certainly have the opinion that say DeMarre is better than LeBron but that, of course, would be wrong :wink: .

And clearly you're more reasonable in that you believe it was a decent return for Teague. Others, of course, don't see it that way but are the same that would be quick to praise it if Ainge had done a similar deal instead, perhaps even laud it had he gotten the 22nd and 28th pick in the draft.

Opinions are fine but consistency of opinions are better.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#117 » by PandaKidd » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:49 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
PandaKidd wrote:FWIW i didnt bash the Teague trade, I thought it was pretty great, getting a 12th pick for an expiring is ......dare i say.........genius :P

Dude. I thought it was pretty solid until I saw expiring Ibaka net #11, Oladipo and a three point shooting role player!!!!

Just...wow.

Someone thought Serge is twice as valuable as JT0.

That boggles the mind.

Really?

I personally would value Ibaka much higher than Teague. Ibaka 13/7 as a 3rd option MAYBE on that thunder team and plays really good defense. 2 blocks a game.

I think his game is better for the NBA since he taught himself to be a DECENT outside shooter. hes 2 years younger than Teague. I THINK teams would rather pay Ibaka then pay a Teague. I dont think you can ever question Ibakas .........consistency?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#118 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:57 pm

PandaKidd wrote:Really?

I personally would value Ibaka much higher than Teague. Ibaka 13/7 as a 3rd option MAYBE on that thunder team and plays really good defense. 2 blocks a game.

I think his game is better for the NBA since he taught himself to be a DECENT outside shooter. hes 2 years younger than Teague. I THINK teams would rather pay Ibaka then pay a Teague. I dont think you can ever question Ibakas .........consistency?

WOW!!!

And I REALLY like Ibaka.

I just remember proposing Teague trades for years now (literally), and so many folks told me it was crazy to even consider it. he was the most important player.

And then to see a role player get a better haul (the #11 pick is better than the #12 pick, right?).
PandaKidd
Analyst

Post#119 » by PandaKidd » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:01 pm

I think if you posted a poll of who would you rather have, most people would say Ibaka. YOu cant teach height.

Ibaka is a mobile athletic big man who can shoot midrange and defend. One of the best blockers in the league. Can play multiple positions.

Not sure how most would value teague over Ibaka?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#120 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:03 pm

PandaKidd wrote:I personally would value Ibaka much higher than Teague. Ibaka 13/7 as a 3rd option MAYBE on that thunder team and plays really good defense. 2 blocks a game.

Yeah, Ibaka should pair well with Vucevic next season.

But I think you're gonna see Teague have a career year. He's healthy, in a contract year, in his hometown, playing beside a superstar. He's gonna be motivated, and will attempt to destroy us every time we face off.

And I think Oladipo is on the verge of a breakthrough, also. But his may take longer. He's under his third Head Coach in three years and playing behind two(?) ball dominant scorers.

I predict this will go down as one of the worst trades in Magic history. Especially if Ibaka leaves for nothing next summer. (New York would love to have him in summer 2017).

Return to Atlanta Hawks