ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Trade Proposal Thread -- Part IV

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,380

Re: Atlanta Hawks Trade Proposal Thread -- Part IV 

Post#561 » by King Ken » Wed Apr 3, 2024 12:19 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Just curious: What would you guys reasonable expect in return for Bogdan/Capela?

Read on Twitter

Bogi and Quin have a great relationship right now. I don't see him being traded but he probably has the 4th best trade value behind Trae, Murray, and OO. Easily a mid 1st, maybe a top 10 pick in this year's draft.

Capela, I doubt we will get any value back. Maybe a future 2nd.
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 901

Post#562 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:53 am

Do you guys have interest in Kyle Kuzma? I remember talk of ATL being interested in him a while back, possibly for John Collins?

He's a good versatile big forward who can score, but we're (the Wizards) in major rebuild mode... And you have two 1st round picks.

I've always liked Hunter personally, would you consider Kuzma + 2nd round pick for Hunter + the later 1st rounder (from Kings projected 20)?

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/8771205
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,947

Post#563 » by jayu70 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:07 am

SUPERBALLMAN wrote:Do you guys have interest in Kyle Kuzma? I remember talk of ATL being interested in him a while back, possibly for John Collins?

He's a good versatile big forward who can score, but we're (the Wizards) in major rebuild mode... And you have two 1st round picks.

I've always liked Hunter personally, would you consider Kuzma + 2nd round pick for Hunter + the later 1st rounder (from Kings projected 20)?

No. Hawks need more defense, not less.
Hunter has his flaws, but big wings at SF that can defend and shoot the 3 (38.9%) like him are hard to find.
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 901

Post#564 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:32 pm

jayu70 wrote:
SUPERBALLMAN wrote:Do you guys have interest in Kyle Kuzma? I remember talk of ATL being interested in him a while back, possibly for John Collins?

No. Hawks need more defense, not less.
Hunter has his flaws, but big wings at SF that can defend and shoot the 3 (38.9%) like him are hard to find.

True. That would explain why I like him. :beer:

In his defense Kuz can hold his own on that end and is good on the boards when he's locked in. He does play hard, he's not a low effort player. But I hear ya, thanks , appreciate the feedback.
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,523

Post#565 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:03 pm

This is an interesting proposal. And after 3 disappointing seasons in a row, all options are on the table for Atlanta.

The only Hawk player we can be sure will be around for the long haul is Jalen Johnson. Jalen will need floor spacers in the frontcourt and Kuzma can definitely provide that. Kyle's in his prime, on a great contract and would provide depth at both forward positions while providing more scoring, more rebounding, more playmaking than Hunter.

This, in all honesty, is a really attractive offer. If we're hoping to field a competitive team next season, this is a great place to start rebuilding the roster.

The only real concern on our end would be the drop off in defense.
But defensive minded role players are easier to find in free agency than high scoring forwards on affordable long term contracts.

King Ken
General Manager

Post#566 » by King Ken » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:25 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

This is an interesting proposal. And after 3 disappointing seasons in a row, all options are on the table for Atlanta.

The only Hawk player we can be sure will be around for the long haul is Jalen Johnson. Jalen will need floor spacers in the frontcourt and Kuzma can definitely provide that. Kyle's in his prime, on a great contract and would provide depth at both forward positions while providing more scoring, more rebounding, more playmaking than Hunter.

This, in all honesty, is a really attractive offer. If we're hoping to field a competitive team next season, this is a great place to start rebuilding the roster.

The only real concern on our end would be the drop off in defense.
But defensive minded role players are easier to find in free agency than high scoring forwards on affordable long term contracts.

Easy no from me. Hunter is far more valuable to us than most others.

Kuz is a 6th man on our squad and we really don't need one unless he's 7ft and 260 pounds, then hell yeah, we need him
King Ken
General Manager

Post#567 » by King Ken » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:27 pm

I like the fact that you came here being respectful
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#568 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:41 pm

Hawks fans seem to be clamoring for Brandon Ingram. Either in exchange for Trae or to play beside him. he does seem to fit alongside TY and JJ (theoretically).

Thoughts on this deal? I don't think it'd be enough to entice NOP. I suspect they'd insist upon Okongwu instead of Capela.

jayu70
RealGM

Post#569 » by jayu70 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:38 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Hawks fans seem to be clamoring for Brandon Ingram. Either in exchange for Trae or to play beside him. he does seem to fit alongside TY and JJ (theoretically).

Thoughts on this deal? I don't think it'd be enough to entice NOP. I suspect they'd insist upon Okongwu instead of Capela.

I haven't seen the 'exchange for Trae' bandied about. It's more for Murray.
Rumor at the deadline was NOP wanted OO included with DJ for Vuc and McCullom - Hawks quickly declined.
BI's value is low at the moment - he is often injured (like our Hawks) and has only 1 year left at $36 mil on his deal. The 'bad body language' reared it's head during last nights game as it did during FIBA USA - happens when he doesn't have the ball.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#570 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:54 pm

jayu70 wrote:I haven't seen the 'exchange for Trae' bandied about. It's more for Murray.

Rumor at the deadline was NOP wanted OO included with DJ for Vuc Valenciunas and McCollum - Hawks quickly eventually declined.

Oh, I recall. Also, I am constantly being inundated with reports of Hawks likely trading Trae this summer.
It makes sense NOP might have interest in pairing Zion with Trae instead of Dejounte.

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#571 » by jayu70 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:32 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:I haven't seen the 'exchange for Trae' bandied about. It's more for Murray.

Rumor at the deadline was NOP wanted OO included with DJ for Vuc Valenciunas and McCollum - Hawks quickly eventually declined.

Oh, I recall. Also, I am constantly being inundated with reports of Hawks likely trading Trae this summer.
It makes sense NOP might have interest in pairing Zion with Trae instead of Dejounte.

Didn't the same thing happen just before the playin vs Miami last year as well?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#572 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:30 pm

It feels like D Hunter needs a change of scenery as much as any recent Hawk.

Read on Twitter

King Ken wrote:Easy no from me. Hunter is far more valuable to us than most others.

jayu70 wrote:No. Hawks need more defense, not less.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#573 » by jayu70 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:42 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:It feels like D Hunter needs a change of scenery as much as any recent Hawk.

Read on Twitter

King Ken wrote:Easy no from me. Hunter is far more valuable to us than most others.

jayu70 wrote:No. Hawks need more defense, not less.

there is no denying he had a very bad offensive game. But another trade where it leaves us with less talent , particularly on defense is a none starter.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,036

Post#574 » by tbhawksfan1 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:43 pm

Problem with Hunter is that I like JJ better at SF. Hunter could be this season's salary relief move like it or not. Capela or Bog are the only other players that could be moved with salary in mind
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,504

Post#575 » by dms269 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:55 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:Problem with Hunter is that I like JJ better at SF. Hunter could be this season's salary relief move like it or not. Capela or Bog are the only other players that could be moved with salary in mind

I don't think we can realistically think we can complete re-do 3/5ths of our starting lineup this offseason though. I am not sure OO is the future at the 5 either.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,036

Post#576 » by tbhawksfan1 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:08 pm

dms269 wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:Problem with Hunter is that I like JJ better at SF. Hunter could be this season's salary relief move like it or not. Capela or Bog are the only other players that could be moved with salary in mind

I don't think we can realistically think we can complete re-do 3/5ths of our starting lineup this offseason though. I am not sure OO is the future at the 5 either.

I think that if there is one thing that we've learned is that changes are needed. With our SA pick situation and the fact that Resseler loves having Trae to put butts in seats, I think that we will see a big shake up. I can see CC, Hunter, Bog and Murray moved.

It won't be to rebuild but to reshuffle

Unfortunately I think we have the worst FO / ownership situation in the league so it will likely be a disaster
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#577 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:40 pm

I would burn all of my Hawks paraphernalia if our front office sold everything for Brandon Ingram.

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#578 » by jayu70 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:10 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:I would burn all of my Hawks paraphernalia if our front office sold everything for Brandon Ingram.

Read on Twitter

I would have to find a new team to root for.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,504

Post#579 » by dms269 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:20 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:I would burn all of my Hawks paraphernalia if our front office sold everything for Brandon Ingram.

Read on Twitter

Pelicans Realist is on crack if he thinks Ingram is returning Murray and #10. Ingram likely doesn't even return Murray.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 514

Post#580 » by raleigh » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:15 pm

I wish B-R had never added that "head-to-head" feature to their site. It's obnoxiously lacking in context.

Return to Atlanta Hawks