ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Trade Proposal Thread -- Part IV

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Re: Atlanta Hawks Trade Proposal Thread -- Part IV 

Post#481 » by King Ken » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:32 am

Moose wrote:I'm a little biased, but out of all the realistic trades I hear about for Murray, the Knicks sending Grimes, Fournier, and picks seems to make the most sense.

Grimes could fit nicely with Trae and the Knicks have some decent picks they can trade.

If you replace Murray with Bey and remove Evan completely, I'll listen.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,455

Post#482 » by winforlose » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:17 pm

What about KAT, Jaden McDaniels and Wendell Moore Jr, for Trae Young and Jalen Johnson.

Why for the Wolves. Move Naz to starting PF, Jalen Johnson becomes starting SF, move Conley to the bench and now you have Young and Ant as one of the best backcourts in the NBA. Gets Ant off the ball and Trae will create for him. Speeds up the offense and adds playmaking. Trae becomes Ant’s PG of the future.

Why for Atlanta. Instead of a rebuild you move Murray to the PG and now have a more reliable offensive weapon in KAT, a reliable defensive weapon in Jaden (whose offense is developing and will be a legit 15-20 on effective scoring as a third option.) You can move Capella and start Okongwu next to KAT, or keep Capella and start Capella next to KAT. Atlanta gets to play big ball with Murray, Bogdonovic, McDaniels, KAT, and Capella/Okongwu. Size is winning now and Atlanta gets a ton of it.

P.S, To those who say KAT is not worth Trae, Jaden is enough of an upgrade over Jalen Johnson to bridge the difference.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#483 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:28 pm

winforlose wrote:What about KAT, Jaden McDaniels and Wendell Moore Jr, for Trae Young and Jalen Johnson.

P.S, To those who say KAT is not worth Trae, Jaden is enough of an upgrade over Jalen Johnson to bridge the difference.

I'm reluctant to add KAT to play next to Trae. I have 0 interest in making Karl-Anthony our new franchise player.

I'd rather just bottom out & rebuild around Jalen Johnson and rookie SG Kobe Bufkin than put the fate of my favorite sports franchise in that dude's hands.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#484 » by winforlose » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:34 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
winforlose wrote:What about KAT, Jaden McDaniels and Wendell Moore Jr, for Trae Young and Jalen Johnson.

I'm reluctant to add KAT to play next to Trae. I have 0 interest in making Karl-Anthony our new franchise player.

I'd rather just bottom out & rebuild around Jalen Johnson and rookie SG Kobe Bufkin than put the fate of my favorite sports franchise in that dude's hands.

I think that is an overreaction, but okay. I don’t think Trae is a cornerstone piece either, and I think you are ignoring the value of Jaden McDaniels who is a massive upgrade for your offense and defense. But if your hatred of KAT is that intense I doubt anything changes your mind.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,934

Post#485 » by jayu70 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:04 pm

KAT has not shown the ability to be the lead guy.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#486 » by winforlose » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:07 pm

jayu70 wrote:

Why does he need to be? Why cannot Murray run the offense and distribute to capable shooters who are high efficiency and used to playing both with and without pace (21 and 23 wolves respectively?) Having a large defensively capable lineup full of floor spacers is the path forward for the Hawks.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#487 » by jayu70 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:17 pm

winforlose wrote:
jayu70 wrote:

Why does he need to be? Why cannot Murray run the offense and distribute to capable shooters who are high efficiency and used to playing both with and without pace (21 and 23 wolves respectively?) Having a large defensively capable lineup full of floor spacers is the path forward for the Hawks.

I don't see Towns as the face of a franchise going forward. Trae has provided more winning in his 5+ years than Towns has done in Minny. If the Hawks are trading Trae, they are going full scorched earth rebuild.
Hawks are exceedingly high on Jalen Johnson and doubt they would move him. He offers being a cornerstone piece more than McDaniels. His offensive versatility offers so much more as well as his rebounding. His defense is also nothing to sneeze about - still needs work but coming along nicely.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#488 » by winforlose » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:25 pm

jayu70 wrote:
winforlose wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Image

I don't see Towns as the face of a franchise going forward. Trae has provided more winning in his 5+ years than Towns has done in Minny. If the Hawks are trading Trae, they are going full scorched earth rebuild.
Hawks are exceedingly high on Jalen Johnson and doubt they would move him. He offers being a cornerstone piece more than McDaniels. His offensive versatility offers so much more as well as his rebounding. His defense is also nothing to sneeze about - still needs work but coming along nicely.

If you think Jalen has a higher ceiling than Jaden, that makes sense. That said, Jaden is taller, longer, and already a top defender. Jalen is younger and a better rebounder. Both are phenomenal players and both will have bright futures. Regarding Trae, I just don’t think he is a cornerstone piece anywhere. The Wolves were poorly managed and in the West so of course they lost. Andrew Wiggins was our second best player and outside of the Butler year the wasn’t much in the way of a third best. Trae had more advantages and just doesn’t seem to be getting where you are trying to go. Moreover, without your picks in 25 and 27 and owing a swap in 26, a rebuild doesn’t seem imminent. My trade makes you guys very tough right now. That said, if you don’t see a future in Kobe and Okongwu then I could see you being hesitant to put faith in the current setup.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#489 » by jayu70 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:44 pm

winforlose wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
winforlose wrote:

If you think Jalen has a higher ceiling than Jaden, that makes sense. That said, Jaden is taller, longer, and already a top defender. Jalen is younger and a better rebounder. Both are phenomenal players and both will have bright futures. Regarding Trae, I just don’t think he is a cornerstone piece anywhere. The Wolves were poorly managed and in the West so of course they lost. Andrew Wiggins was our second best player and outside of the Butler year the wasn’t much in the way of a third best. Trae had more advantages and just doesn’t seem to be getting where you are trying to go. Moreover, without your picks in 25 and 27 and owing a swap in 26, a rebuild doesn’t seem imminent. My trade makes you guys very tough right now. That said, if you don’t see a future in Kobe and Okongwu then I could see you being hesitant to put faith in the current setup.

Jaden has a body of work in his first 3 years than Jalen does since Nate refused to play him last year. However, since being a starter this year, he has shown more promise as a piece you can build your team around because of his offensive versatility and his improving defense. I don't think you can say the same about Jaden, more complimentary. Just comparing their stats this year:

https://stathead.com/basketball/versus-finder.cgi?request=1&seasons_type=forall&year_min=2024&year_max=2024&player_id1=johnsja05&player_id2=mcdanja02

Who is the best player that Trae has played with before Murray? and where would you rank them? top 30?40?50?
I look at those 2025/2027 picks as a sunk cost. Move past it. If we are trading Trae - do it for as many picks/young players with potential as you can and rebuild.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#490 » by winforlose » Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:50 pm

jayu70 wrote:
winforlose wrote:
jayu70 wrote:I don't see Towns as the face of a franchise going forward. Trae has provided more winning in his 5+ years than Towns has done in Minny. If the Hawks are trading Trae, they are going full scorched earth rebuild.

Jaden has a body of work in his first 3 years than Jalen does since Nate refused to play him last year. However, since being a starter this year, he has shown more promise as a piece you can build your team around because of his offensive versatility and his improving defense. I don't think you can say the same about Jaden, more complimentary. Just comparing their stats this year:

https://stathead.com/basketball/versus-finder.cgi?request=1&seasons_type=forall&year_min=2024&year_max=2024&player_id1=johnsja05&player_id2=mcdanja02

Who is the best player that Trae has played with before Murray? and where would you rank them? top 30?40?50?
I look at those 2025/2027 picks as a sunk cost. Move past it. If we are trading Trae - do it for as many picks/young players with potential as you can and rebuild.

I hear you. I just wonder if you trade Trae for picks then how valuable are those picks? You only get them by trading him to a good team. Meanwhile you are tanking and rebuilding and your great picks go elsewhere. Maybe if you can move Trae for your picks back that makes sense. Otherwise, you are better off trying to get better and move forward.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#491 » by jayu70 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:17 pm

winforlose wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
winforlose wrote:

I hear you. I just wonder if you trade Trae for picks then how valuable are those picks? You only get them by trading him to a good team. Meanwhile you are tanking and rebuilding and your great picks go elsewhere. Maybe if you can move Trae for your picks back that makes sense. Otherwise, you are better off trying to get better and move forward.

I don't think we'd make a move at this trade deadline with Trae. It would be more an offseason trade, when we know where lottery picks are for 2024. I don't think they'd deliberately try to be as bad as possible in 2025 if they think that JJ is a building block.

A team like Detroit for instance might be interested in Trae. There are always dark horse teams that come up when we least expect.
KAT at $50 mil is hard to stomach with Trae much less without him.
PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#492 » by PhillyFan11 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:26 pm

Covington, Springer, Korkmaz, House, ‘26 OKC 1st, and 3 2nd’s

For Bogdanovic and Bey

Sixers fan wondering if that would be sufficient value? Future 1st, Springer, ‘24, ‘28 & ‘29 2nd + $21M in expirings get it done?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#493 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:56 am

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#494 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:00 am

PhillyFan11 wrote:Covington, Springer, Korkmaz, House, ‘26 OKC 1st, and 3 2nd’s

For Bogdanovic and Bey

Sixers fan wondering if that would be sufficient value? Future 1st, Springer, ‘24, ‘28 & ‘29 2nd + $21M in expirings get it done?

You've piqued our Front Office's interest.

Our issue is that we have to be competitive next season -- Spurs own our unprotected draft picks. Losing Bogdan decreases our own chances at a quick turnaround.

But we do love draft picks and ezpirings, so...

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#495 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:33 pm

Nets are going nowhere...fast. How much would you guys pay to steal Mikael Bridges from Brooklyn?

(This is another scenario where we'd be better off if we just had all of our own draft picks to include in trade package.)

Read on Twitter
saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 130

Post#496 » by saloonyk8 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:38 pm

Is there any deal framework with Murray for Jaden McDaniels?

Wolves aren't trading KAT right now and Hawks aren't trading Trae.
Commit to the process
saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 130

Post#497 » by saloonyk8 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:01 pm

Would anyone trade Hunter for Wiggins?
Commit to the process
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Post#498 » by dms269 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:32 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:Would anyone trade Hunter for Wiggins?

I wouldn't. Around 37 million additionally in salary. Statistically he is putting up worse numbers than Hunter.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
winforlose
General Manager

Post#499 » by winforlose » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:41 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:Is there any deal framework with Murray for Jaden McDaniels?

Wolves aren't trading KAT right now and Hawks aren't trading Trae.

Jaden is poison pill and the money would be crazy to figure out. Also, Jaden is just more valuable than Murray overall. Just last night he defended Chet and arguably did so better than anyone else in the league has done. This is the same guy who held Fox scoreless in the fourth, gave PG his worst game of the season, and plenty more examples. Jaden is 23 and on the last year of rookie deal with a great value extension. Finally his offense is on the rise and we are unbeaten when he shoots 50% or better and close to unbeaten (maybe lost 1 or 2 games,) when he is in double digits (which is happening more often.) I don’t see him moving without a significant young player coming back as well as either picks or a truly elite player. I see DJM as very good but not elite.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#500 » by jayu70 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:07 am

Minnesota Timberwolves – Hawks veteran Bogdan Bogdanovic has drawn attention from the Minnesota Timberwolves in recent weeks, sources said. However, Minnesota's cap situation and Bogdanovic's contract do not line up well. In attempts to upgrade their roster, the Timberwolves have shown a level of willingness to discuss Kyle Anderson's future, seeing as he is in the final year of his contract.

Return to Atlanta Hawks