Atlanta Hawks Trade Proposal Thread -- Part IV

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Atlanta Hawks Trade Proposal Thread -- Part IV 

Post#1 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:42 pm

ATL Boy wrote:Please continue your trade discussion in this thread. We've been instructed to not let threads go over 100 pages due to some site server issues, so the previous thread has been locked.

Here's a link to the "Trade Ideas Part 3" thread for archival purposes:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1849842
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Re: Atlanta Hawks Trade Proposal Thread -- Part IV 

Post#2 » by King Ken » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:45 am

Obviously, with the new coaches and potential new HC getting hired soon, it's hard to say what direction the Hawks are going in.

The ideal is to get a #1 option on offense who can run the PnR with Trae, preferable a center to relieve Trae of that pressure he gets on a game to game basis. While Murray has been a superior player for us than Huerter, Kevin is a better offensive fit than DJ. I would strongly consider a trade of DJ and Bogi for KAT. KAT coming off an injury, in a year will be getting Lillard, Beal, Wall, and Westbrook money. Since MIN has to pay Edwards his money, I think MIN will be okay to listen to KAT for Murray offers as he's a fit for what they do and he's very cost effective for next year.

JC and Capela are the two others we should look to move. JC for Hield makes a lot of sense for both teams. Capela for Lou Dort makes sense for both.

Gives us
Trae/A. Holiday
Griffin/Hield/Matthews
Hunter/Dort/Martin
Okongwu/Bey
KAT/Bruno

Plus 23' 1st rounder which could be anywhere from 1-20 at this time.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#3 » by D21 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:50 pm

King Ken wrote:Obviously, with the new coaches and potential new HC getting hired soon, it's hard to say what direction the Hawks are going in.

The ideal is to get a #1 option on offense who can run the PnR with Trae, preferable a center to relieve Trae of that pressure he gets on a game to game basis. While Murray has been a superior player for us than Huerter, Kevin is a better offensive fit than DJ. I would strongly consider a trade of DJ and Bogi for KAT. KAT coming off an injury, in a year will be getting Lillard, Beal, Wall, and Westbrook money. Since MIN has to pay Edwards his money, I think MIN will be okay to listen to KAT for Murray offers as he's a fit for what they do and he's very cost effective for next year.

JC and Capela are the two others we should look to move. JC for Hield makes a lot of sense for both teams. Capela for Lou Dort makes sense for both.

Gives us
Trae/A. Holiday
Griffin/Hield/Matthews
Hunter/Dort/Martin
Okongwu/Bey
KAT/Bruno

After seeing that MIN performed far better with Anderson in the lineup than with KAT, I will continue to think that KAT is at least a bit overrated, and I'm not ready to trade for him unless he proves me that I'm wrong.
There is a +9 Net rating difference between these two lineups (and both have played enough to make it real and not potential only)
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#4 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:56 pm

King Ken wrote:The ideal is to get a #1 option on offense who can run the PnR with Trae, preferable a center to relieve Trae of that pressure he gets on a game to game basis.

I would strongly consider a trade of DJ and Bogi for KAT.

Gives us
Trae/A. Holiday
Griffin/Hield/Matthews
Hunter/Dort/Martin
Okongwu/Bey
KAT/Bruno

This
Isn't
Terrible.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#5 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:25 pm

My interest is piqued...

King Ken
General Manager

Post#6 » by King Ken » Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:07 am

D21 wrote:
King Ken wrote:Obviously, with the new coaches and potential new HC getting hired soon, it's hard to say what direction the Hawks are going in.

Gives us
Trae/A. Holiday
Griffin/Hield/Matthews
Hunter/Dort/Martin
Okongwu/Bey
KAT/Bruno

After seeing that MIN performed far better with Anderson in the lineup than with KAT, I will continue to think that KAT is at least a bit overrated, and I'm not ready to trade for him unless he proves me that I'm wrong.
There is a +9 Net rating difference between these two lineups (and both have played enough to make it real and not potential only)

Even if you think he is and soon to be vastly overpaid, he's still a #1 option and fits around Trae and Trae is the creator so we aren't relying on KAT to do something he just ain't good at.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#7 » by D21 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:45 am

King Ken wrote:
D21 wrote:

Gives us
Trae/A. Holiday
Griffin/Hield/Matthews
Hunter/Dort/Martin
Okongwu/Bey
KAT/Bruno

Even if you think he is and soon to be vastly overpaid, he's still a #1 option and fits around Trae and Trae is the creator so we aren't relying on KAT to do something he just ain't good at.

I agree with you on that, but we are just talking about offense here. Add defense in the discussion and it's a complete different thing. I know it has a chance to match, and that if it's the case, the team would be really great, but from what I saw, at this moment, I'm still considering trading for KAT to be a gamble, and it comes from someone who would like to see at least one big able to shoot 3s in this roster :wink:

I would prefer to have Turner and another player with the difference between his contract and KAT's contract
Turner : 21M next season, 20M in 2024-25
KAT : 36M next season, 50M in 2024-25

Yes, Turner is not as good as KAT on offense, but he's far ahead of him in defense.
For example, Turner has .51 Off RPM and 5.01 Def RPM (total of 5.52, 3rd among centers), and KAT has 2.99 and -2.72 (total of 0.26 and 31st). It's unreal to have such numbers for a guy with this contract.

If you add the contract difference between both players, there's no way that in 2024-25 a team can be better with KAT instead of Turner + 30M on other contracts, no way IMO
King Ken
General Manager

Post#8 » by King Ken » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:24 am

D21 wrote:
King Ken wrote:
D21 wrote:

I agree with you on that, but we are just talking about offense here. Add defense in the discussion and it's a complete different thing. I know it has a chance to match, and that if it's the case, the team would be really great, but from what I saw, at this moment, I'm still considering trading for KAT to be a gamble, and it comes from someone who would like to see at least one big able to shoot 3s in this roster :wink:

I would prefer to have Turner and another player with the difference between his contract and KAT's contract
Turner : 21M next season, 20M in 2024-25
KAT : 36M next season, 50M in 2024-25

Yes, Turner is not as good as KAT on offense, but he's far ahead of him in defense.
For example, Turner has .51 Off RPM and 5.01 Def RPM (total of 5.52, 3rd among centers), and KAT has 2.99 and -2.72 (total of 0.26 and 31st). It's unreal to have such numbers for a guy with this contract.

If you add the contract difference between both players, there's no way that in 2024-25 a team can be better with KAT instead of Turner + 30M on other contracts, no way IMO

He's not a great PnR finisher and he's not a #1 option either. That said, he's a better value than KAT due to KATs Westbrook, Wall, Beal contract.

We need an offensive star at the 5 more than a better all around player. That's why we got Okongwu. He's our all around player who do it all on D.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,036

Post#9 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:27 pm

I really want to see what Snyder will do with what we got. This really is a talented team that has been very poorly coached

Either JC needs to have a revival or we need something to happen in the front-court. Bey is a nice addition, but we lack flexibility going forward as we're up against the tax....
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#10 » by CP War Hawks » Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:48 pm

I was thinking lately: Cap and JC for Draymond and Looney + 2023 1st rounder. Idk that GS can trade their 1st however. Clear some long term money and allow OO and JJ to get more minutes. Exceptions can then be used for depth like a stretch big if need be.
dlb731
Sophomore
And1: 45

Post#11 » by dlb731 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:11 am

Jamaaliver wrote:My interest is piqued...

What site is this from?
epfou1
Sophomore
And1: 193

Post#12 » by epfou1 » Thu Mar 9, 2023 8:21 am

I would rather keep Murray and trade Trae to Minny for KAT.

Murray is a better all round player.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,145

Post#13 » by GopherIt! » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:24 am

Gives us
Trae/A. Holiday
Griffin/Hield/Matthews
Hunter/Dort/Martin
Okongwu/Bey
KAT/Bruno

1. Minnesota is not trading Kat.

2. Kat vowed to bring a championship to Minnesota in honor of Flip Saunders, who passed away after drafting him. He also wants to finish what he started here in honor of his mother. His family and the Saunders family are very close.

Rudy is an outstanding player but he needs a team somewhat built around him. Quin did that in Utah and maximized his talents. Rudy is Quin’s guy. He is the only Wolves player I would consider moving right now.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#14 » by CP War Hawks » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:15 am

If Kat was on the block and had interest with the Hawks. Something around DJM, Capela, and maybe Hunter can work. Kat will need be paired with OO minimum and a wing with much better team defense than Hunter.

I'm still on the play with the Warriors. Draymond, Looney, 2023 (future) 1st for Capela and Collins. It should help both teams. Draymond could challenge the teams manhood in a goodway w/o violence while being a tutor for JJ while Looney backups OO. Could use the extra pick to trade for extra depth.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#15 » by King Ken » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:44 am

GopherIt! wrote:

Gives us
Trae/A. Holiday
Griffin/Hield/Matthews
Hunter/Dort/Martin
Okongwu/Bey
KAT/Bruno

2. Kat vowed to bring a championship to Minnesota in honor of Flip Saunders, who passed away after drafting him. He also wants to finish what he started here in honor of his mother. His family and the Saunders family are very close.

Rudy is an outstanding player but he needs a team somewhat built around him. Quin did that in Utah and maximized his talents. Rudy is Quin’s guy. He is the only Wolves player I would consider moving right now.

I think we all know GopherIt! not trading KAT but would Tim Connelly do it is a different story. I don't know that and you don't know that and considering his extension is kicking in for 2024-25, he will look at all options.

The Hawks need a floor spacer at the 5 who can create offensively and make Trae's game a lot more effective which has improved since the Bey trade. KAT just makes a lot more sense for us. He makes it possible for us to move Okongwu to the 4 which is needed. Gobert doesn't give us that opportunity. So I don't see the fit, especially at his salary.

That said, I can't say I am totally not interested. Just have limited interest. What do you have in mind for a deal?

For Gobert: Trae is off the table for anyone at this time with Quin on board and him finally playing some damn defense. Murray, Hunter, Okongwu, Griffin, and JJ are off the table.

Meaning: Capela and JC are on the table.

I don't know if we have an appealing offer available considering what you traded to get Gobert is massive. I don't see a deal honestly for Rudy. He's older with a bad contract and regressing. He's a hard sell for more than what we are offering. Even the trade machine is saying the Wolves win the deal with this trade. I honestly wouldn't do it even then. Rather trade Capela for role players and picks, and trade JC for a TPE instead.
GopherIt!
RealGM

Post#16 » by GopherIt! » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:01 pm

King Ken wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:

Gives us
Trae/A. Holiday
Griffin/Hield/Matthews
Hunter/Dort/Martin
Okongwu/Bey
KAT/Bruno

I think we all know GopherIt! not trading KAT but would Tim Connelly do it is a different story. I don't know that and you don't know that and considering his extension is kicking in for 2024-25, he will look at all options.

The Hawks need a floor spacer at the 5 who can create offensively and make Trae's game a lot more effective which has improved since the Bey trade. KAT just makes a lot more sense for us. He makes it possible for us to move Okongwu to the 4 which is needed. Gobert doesn't give us that opportunity. So I don't see the fit, especially at his salary.

That said, I can't say I am totally not interested. Just have limited interest. What do you have in mind for a deal?

For Gobert: Trae is off the table for anyone at this time with Quin on board and him finally playing some damn defense. Murray, Hunter, Okongwu, Griffin, and JJ are off the table.

I don't know if we have an appealing offer available considering what you traded to get Gobert is massive. I don't see a deal honestly for Rudy. He's older with a bad contract and regressing. He's a hard sell for more than what we are offering. Even the trade machine is saying the Wolves win the deal with this trade. I honestly wouldn't do it even then. Rather trade Capela for role players and picks, and trade JC for a TPE instead.

I get it. I wouldn’t want him either. Especially at $40M.
The only good news is he expires right when they need to give Ant his max extension.

I give my own input as if I were gm, but I also think things through as if I were our genius Pobo getting paid $8M/per to think things through. smdh. Eight effin mil. I think he watched highlights of the Memphis series and decided to get (arguably) the best rebounder and rim protector in the game (at the time.) Also, having Jokic in Denver possibly warped his brain on the value of centers today.

On a side note it’s funny watching Laker fans gush about how they crushed Minny in the DNo trade. They obviously didn’t watch last years Pups/Grizz playoff series. That series, I believe, is what led TC to going all in on Rudy.

I am looking forward to seeing what the Kat/SloMo pairing can do. Unlike Venus DeMilbert both of those guys have good hands and are excellent passers. (Passing is something Kat has really improved upon). Overall they have very solid core: Ant, Kat, Jaden, SloMo, Naz, NAW & Prince plus the two Utah vets Conley/rudy.

Team needs: They need to be thinking about a replacement for Conley and a bench scorer/shooter. I could see them targeting Clarkson or Ingles and reunite the Jazz band. I could also see Tyus Jones or Alex Caruso being a decent fit at PG. Also interested in Bones/Mann/Coffey (LAC) or Cam Thomas.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#17 » by King Ken » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:44 pm

GopherIt! wrote:
King Ken wrote:
GopherIt! wrote:

I get it. I wouldn’t want him either. Especially at $40M.
The only good news is he expires right when they need to give Ant his max extension.

I give my own input as if I were gm, but I also think things through as if I were our genius Pobo getting paid $8M/per to think things through. smdh. Eight effin mil. I think he watched highlights of the Memphis series and decided to get (arguably) the best rebounder and rim protector in the game (at the time.) Also, having Jokic in Denver possibly warped his brain on the value of centers today.

On a side note it’s funny watching Laker fans gush about how they crushed Minny in the DNo trade. They obviously didn’t watch last years Pups/Grizz playoff series. That series, I believe, is what led TC to going all in on Rudy.

I am looking forward to seeing what the Kat/SloMo pairing can do. Unlike Venus DeMilbert both of those guys have good hands and are excellent passers. (Passing is something Kat has really improved upon). Overall they have very solid core: Ant, Kat, Jaden, SloMo, Naz, NAW & Prince plus the two Utah vets Conley/rudy.

Team needs: They need to be thinking about a replacement for Conley and a bench scorer/shooter. I could see them targeting Clarkson or Ingles and reunite the Jazz band. I could also see Tyus Jones or Alex Caruso being a decent fit at PG. Also interested in Bones/Mann/Coffey (LAC) or Cam Thomas.

That trade for D'Lo was always going to work for the Lakers as they have AD and Bron who command a lot of defensive attention and the Lakers don't need him as their floor general as they have LeBron. Even last night, you saw Russell's limitations. That said, Westbrook is a major flawed player who the Lakers got better just by moving off the roster so anyone would be seen as a win for LA.

I think both Atlanta and Minnesota are similar teams. Same record. Both have a ton of talent, both added to their depth which we won't see for MIN till KAT is back, both have enough to win big but the fit is bad with both teams and I don't know how fixable it is.

Caruso is likely too expensive for you all and Memphis isn't trading Jones unless the comp is good. Conley got at least another year left a good play in my opinion but I agree. You gotta get a long term PG. I noticed that awhile ago and seen that both teams could help each other get to the next level but if Murray is that guy for you and KAT is that guy for us but you rather move Gobert who's not that guy at all for us, it makes it difficult is all. Deals have to benefit both teams.
GopherIt!
RealGM

Post#18 » by GopherIt! » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:54 am

King Ken wrote:That trade for D'Lo was always going to work for the Lakers as they have AD and Bron who command a lot of defensive attention and the Lakers don't need him as their floor general as they have LeBron. Even last night, you saw Russell's limitations. That said, Westbrook is a major flawed player who the Lakers got better just by moving off the roster so anyone would be seen as a win for LA.

I think both Atlanta and Minnesota are similar teams. Same record. Both have a ton of talent, both added to their depth which we won't see for MIN till KAT is back, both have enough to win big but the fit is bad with both teams and I don't know how fixable it is.

Caruso is likely too expensive for you all and Memphis isn't trading Jones unless the comp is good. Conley got at least another year left a good play in my opinion but I agree. You gotta get a long term PG. I noticed that awhile ago and seen that both teams could help each other get to the next level but if Murray is that guy for you and KAT is that guy for us but you rather move Gobert who's not that guy at all for us, it makes it difficult is all. Deals have to benefit both teams.

Yeah, when you play in LA you are under a microscope. It forces DNo to focus harder. With that being said, I think he has ADHD or something. I guarantee we will see the same old DLo again, possibly as soon as the ink dries on his next contract.

It is true our teams are somewhat similar and just so u know Ken, I am cheering for you guys to succeed. I’m tired of the Eastern Sports Preferred Nincompoops constant yacking about New York, Philly, Boston and Miami.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#19 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:37 pm

I'm curious if Hawks fans are so done with Hunter or Collins that they'd take on the massive RJB contract.

He's young with upside. And Hawks will be selling low no matter who they try to bring in...

Deandre Hunter + Bruno Fernando for RJ Barrett comes pretty close to matching salaries.

Read on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,010

Post#20 » by HMFFL » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:56 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:I'm curious if Hawks fans are so done with Hunter or Collins that they'd take on the massive RJB contract.

He's young with upside. And Hawks will be selling low no matter who they try to bring in...

Deandre Hunter + Bruno Fernando for RJ Barrett comes pretty close to matching salaries.

Read on Twitter
Negative. Give Hunter, RJ's 16 to 17 field goal attempts per game, and we unleash him. John Collins averaged 14.8 field goal attempts per game and he averaged 21.6ppg with an FG % of 58% (40% from 3).

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Atlanta Hawks