RealGM
And1: 11,934

Re: Atlanta Hawks Trade Proposal Thread -- Part IV 

Post#461 » by jayu70 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:22 pm

BigShot Barrett wrote:My thoughts … Knicks receive - Keldon Johnson
Atlanta - Fournier and 2 Knicks frps
Spurs - Dejounte

No!
Spurs get a 1 for 1 swap of DJ for Keldon? SAS isn't giving up anything.
Which 2 knick picks - the ones they own from other teams like Detroit/Wiz etc are pretty low hanging fruit
Hawks already own two 2024 1sts in what is considered a weak draft, so don't need 2 more.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,010

Post#462 » by HMFFL » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:24 pm

Spurs - Dejounte
Where is the value for Atlanta? I fail to see any or why it makes any sense for Atlanta.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#463 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:04 pm

An underwhelming return for DeJounte...it would likely make us even better offensively.

The Hawks Pair Up Trae Young With Austin Reaves

Atlanta Hawks receive: Austin Reaves, Jalen Hood-Schiffino, 2025 first-round pick (via Mavs)

Los Angeles Lakers receive: Dejounte Murray, Tim Hardaway Jr., Jaden Hardy, 2025 second-round pick (via Raptors)

Toronto Raptors receive: D’Angelo Russell, Rui Hachimura, Richaun Holmes, Olivier-Maxence Prosper, 2027 first-round pick (via Mavs)

Dallas Mavericks receive: Pascal Siakam

The Atlanta Hawks' decision to bring in Austin Reaves marks a strategic move to fortify their backcourt alongside the dynamic Trae Young. Reaves, with his well-rounded performance, contributing an average of 15.1 points, 5.2 assists, and 4.2 rebounds, brings versatility and depth to the team. This acquisition seems to align with the Hawks' emphasis on a more agile and adaptive offensive strategy, complementing Young's already outstanding stats of 27.5 points, 10.9 assists, and 3.1 rebounds.

By parting ways with Dejounte Murray, the Hawks signal a shift in their approach. While Murray's contributions won't be overlooked, the move suggests a willingness to prioritize offensive firepower. This trade not only bolsters their immediate on-court presence but also sets the foundation for long-term growth by securing a 2025 first-round pick from the Mavericks. The Hawks seem to be navigating the delicate balance of the present and future, seeking a mix of established talent and future assets to position themselves competitively in the evolving landscape of the NBA.

The synergy between Young and Reaves could unlock new dimensions for the Hawks, both in regular-season matchups and potentially deep playoff runs. Reaves' ability to score, facilitate, and contribute on the boards provides the Hawks with a valuable secondary playmaker, reducing the burden on Young. The success of this move will depend on how well the two guards can complement each other's playing styles and elevate the overall team performance.
FadeAway World
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Post#464 » by dms269 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:17 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:An underwhelming return for DeJounte...it would likely make us even better offensively.

The Hawks Pair Up Trae Young With Austin Reaves

Atlanta Hawks receive: Austin Reaves, Jalen Hood-Schiffino, 2025 first-round pick (via Mavs)

Los Angeles Lakers receive: Dejounte Murray, Tim Hardaway Jr., Jaden Hardy, 2025 second-round pick (via Raptors)

Toronto Raptors receive: D’Angelo Russell, Rui Hachimura, Richaun Holmes, Olivier-Maxence Prosper, 2027 first-round pick (via Mavs)

Dallas Mavericks receive: Pascal Siakam

The Atlanta Hawks' decision to bring in Austin Reaves marks a strategic move to fortify their backcourt alongside the dynamic Trae Young. Reaves, with his well-rounded performance, contributing an average of 15.1 points, 5.2 assists, and 4.2 rebounds, brings versatility and depth to the team. This acquisition seems to align with the Hawks' emphasis on a more agile and adaptive offensive strategy, complementing Young's already outstanding stats of 27.5 points, 10.9 assists, and 3.1 rebounds.

By parting ways with Dejounte Murray, the Hawks signal a shift in their approach. While Murray's contributions won't be overlooked, the move suggests a willingness to prioritize offensive firepower. This trade not only bolsters their immediate on-court presence but also sets the foundation for long-term growth by securing a 2025 first-round pick from the Mavericks. The Hawks seem to be navigating the delicate balance of the present and future, seeking a mix of established talent and future assets to position themselves competitively in the evolving landscape of the NBA.

The synergy between Young and Reaves could unlock new dimensions for the Hawks, both in regular-season matchups and potentially deep playoff runs. Reaves' ability to score, facilitate, and contribute on the boards provides the Hawks with a valuable secondary playmaker, reducing the burden on Young. The success of this move will depend on how well the two guards can complement each other's playing styles and elevate the overall team performance.
FadeAway World

The trade is illegal anyway. NYK owns the Dallas 24/25 (protections).
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#465 » by King Ken » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:36 pm

Spurs - Dejounte

I would love it if the Hawks got their two 1sts back from SAS but freaking hate it as is.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#466 » by King Ken » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:52 pm

None of these Murray trades are worth a ****.

Capela to the Clippers seems like the move.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,004

Post#467 » by cgf » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:27 am

D'you think your FO would give Bogey up for Fournier's expiring, one of our FRPs this year and a SRP or two?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,632

Post#468 » by Skybox » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:03 pm

Murray and Griffin to ORL
for...Fultz (expiring), Okeke (expiring), ORL 24 (top 5), ORL 26(top 5), DEN 25 frps

why is Griffin out of the rotation...is Bey any better? Paolo misses having someone to knock down his kick-outs
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#469 » by azuresou1 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:51 pm

Hawks guard Dejounte Murray becomes the most notable trade candidate following the Pascal Siakam trade.

Atlanta is looking for at least two first-round picks, according to The Ringer. The Hawks are not looking to take back salary past this season, league sources told HoopsHype.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-trade-deadline-intel-lakers-knicks-nets-mavs-hawks-pacers-blazers-pistons-wizards-pelicans/

Really, really, REALLY disappointing / infuriating. Makes me question if it's even worth following this team anymore.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#470 » by jayu70 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:21 pm

azuresou1 wrote:
Hawks guard Dejounte Murray becomes the most notable trade candidate following the Pascal Siakam trade.

Atlanta is looking for at least two first-round picks, according to The Ringer. The Hawks are not looking to take back salary past this season, league sources told HoopsHype.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-trade-deadline-intel-lakers-knicks-nets-mavs-hawks-pacers-blazers-pistons-wizards-pelicans/

Really, really, REALLY disappointing / infuriating. Makes me question if it's even worth following this team anymore.

Dissapointing is exactly the right word.
Seems we might be using DJ to 'salary dump' one of CC/Dre.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#471 » by D21 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:44 am

cgf wrote:D'you think your FO would give Bogey up for Fournier's expiring, one of our FRPs this year and a SRP or two?

If I was the owner, and my GM was trading the only serious guy with some experience and the one I trust the most in 4th quarter, and with one of the best contracts of the NBA, without including him in a trade that would bring a star, I would fire this GM immediately.
But I'm not the owner, I'm not this owner who bought this team (for $0.85B and that is valued now at $3.325B) and doesn't want to pay $1 of luxury tax, more "didn't want to pay $1 of luxury tax at the moment it was needed, so it's possible that Bogi will be traded for way less than his value with this front office...

jayu70 wrote:
azuresou1 wrote:

Dissapointing is exactly the right word.
Seems we might be using DJ to 'salary dump' one of CC/Dre.

For Dre, it's possible. But Capela, he can have value for a team with a lot of shooters.
One more player that should have been traded long time ago and that will now has less value than before.

This franchise is really good at destroying the value of any player and waiting its lowest value to trade him.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#472 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:56 am

cgf wrote:D'you think your FO would give Bogey up for Fournier's expiring, one of our FRPs this year and a SRP or two?

Probably. Hawks are perpetually trying to slash salary.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#473 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:53 pm

What witchcraft is this?

Read on Twitter

Bovada NBA Specials
jayu70
RealGM

Post#474 » by jayu70 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:37 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:What witchcraft is this?

Read on Twitter

Bovada NBA Specials

We also had the best odds to get Andrew Wiggins! What the hell for? :nonono:
Teams tryna pawn off their useless players :lol: .

This is what happens when we are perceived as a team always looking to dump contracts, it becomes our reality with teams offering trash. Thanks Tony.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,010

Post#475 » by HMFFL » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:00 pm

Vince Williams JR (Memphis) interest me.
I'd love to see us be mentioned in trade rumors with other teams other than the Lakers. It seems bogus that the Lakers are even being mentioned.

jayu70
RealGM

Post#476 » by jayu70 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:23 pm

HMFFL wrote:Vince Williams JR (Memphis) interest me.
I'd love to see us be mentioned in trade rumors with other teams other than the Lakers. It seems bogus that the Lakers are even being mentioned.

Lebron and Klutch so it's expected.
Moose
Analyst
And1: 1,316

Post#477 » by Moose » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:40 pm

I'm a little biased, but out of all the realistic trades I hear about for Murray, the Knicks sending Grimes, Fournier, and picks seems to make the most sense.

Grimes could fit nicely with Trae and the Knicks have some decent picks they can trade.
dlb731
Sophomore
And1: 45

Post#478 » by dlb731 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:32 am

Moose wrote:I'm a little biased, but out of all the realistic trades I hear about for Murray, the Knicks sending Grimes, Fournier, and picks seems to make the most sense.

Grimes could fit nicely with Trae and the Knicks have some decent picks they can trade.

This....
victor ward
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#479 » by victor ward » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:38 am

all theese trades are not improving the team.
So if this is the scenario i think is time for a drastic rebuild
maybe the only hawks italian fan!
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Post#480 » by dms269 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:23 pm

victor ward wrote:all theese trades are not improving the team.
So if this is the scenario i think is time for a drastic rebuild

Without their next 3 firsts after this season, a drastic rebuild is out of the question. Ressler is not going to want to take the monetary hit that a rebuild would bring him. He is likely going to maintain a borderline playoff squad and keep cashing those checks.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24

Return to Atlanta Hawks