ImageImage

Hawks Front Office seems committed to getting Siakam

Moderators: HMFFL, dms269, Jamaaliver

dlb731
Sophomore
And1: 45

Re: Hawks Front Office seems committed to getting Siakam 

Post#161 » by dlb731 » Wed Jan 3, 2024 2:20 am

I think that, with the comments Siakam has made recently about not resigning with whatever team he is delt to, that Atlanta should steer clear of giving up assets to obtain him. They should instead focus on other players similar that can upgrade the team. Jerami Grant and Finny-Smith are two players I don't hear a lot about that could help.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,731

Post#162 » by Ell Curry » Thu Jan 4, 2024 5:23 am

How does this suit you guys?

Nets - Siakam
Hawks - Finney-Smith, Thad Young's expiring, Javon Carter, CHI 2nd, TOR 2nd
Raptors - Hunter, Dinwiddie, ATL 1st (top 10 protected), BKN 1st (top 10 protected), Bufkin
Bulls - Patty Mills

-Nets get a star they agree to max.
-Hawks upgrade on the wing and add a passable 4th guard for turning a first into two 2nds. Save 5M or so a year.
-Raptors settle for Bufkin, a couple firsts and Hunter for Siakam.
-Bulls give up a 2nd for more cap space, which leaves them with 50M to keep Demar and Patrick Williams for 20M each and squeeze in a new MLE signing, or frees up room in 2025 when they can have real cap space.
Where's the D?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,120

Post#163 » by HMFFL » Thu Jan 4, 2024 7:20 am

^
I take it you're very intoxicated?

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,966

Post#164 » by jayu70 » Fri Jan 5, 2024 7:07 pm

Read on Twitter

The Hawks are certainly open for business, with plenty of long-term deals to be moved. Of late, Atlanta has informed numerous teams the only untouchable players on the Hawks’ roster are Young and rising third-year forward Jalen Johnson, sources said. Just watch Johnson’s behind-the-back dribble and flush in transition against Oklahoma City on Wednesday, or his pacing, passing and shooting ability at his size, and you’ll understand why Hawks figures are so bullish on the 22-year-old’s upside at a broad and bouncy 6-9.

Atlanta owes its 2025 first-round selection to San Antonio as part of the haul that landed Murray, so there’s plenty of sense for the Hawks, currently 14-19, to weigh selling some of its veteran contributors, incorporating a lottery pick alongside Young and Johnson, then stepping back toward Atlanta’s bigger goal of competing in the playoffs under head coach Quin Snyder next season. Atlanta has been one of the more active teams on the phones across the league, sources said. And that seller’s path becoming more likely has league personnel no longer considering the Hawks as a prominent potential landing spot for Toronto’s other trade-deadline darling, Pascal Siakam, now that the Raptors ultimately moved on from Anunoby.

Atlanta was once considered the most aggressive suitor for Siakam’s services, holding serious conversations with Toronto last offseason, sources said. But the chatter among NBA executives surrounding Siakam’s potential landing spots has now centered on Indiana, Sacramento and Detroit
Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,574

Post#165 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jan 7, 2024 6:26 pm

I do honestly believe Pascal being on the Hawks this whole season makes us a dangerous playoff bound team.

But long term, we'd end up in a worse place 2-3 seasons from now...no matter what.

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,966

Post#166 » by jayu70 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:07 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#167 » by HMFFL » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:25 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20
He already has his championship and Toronto seems actively try to build another true contender. I don't believe he's an option for us.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#168 » by HMFFL » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:54 am

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The Hawks are certainly open for business, with plenty of long-term deals to be moved. Of late, Atlanta has informed numerous teams the only untouchable players on the Hawks’ roster are Young and rising third-year forward Jalen Johnson, sources said. Just watch Johnson’s behind-the-back dribble and flush in transition against Oklahoma City on Wednesday, or his pacing, passing and shooting ability at his size, and you’ll understand why Hawks figures are so bullish on the 22-year-old’s upside at a broad and bouncy 6-9.

Atlanta owes its 2025 first-round selection to San Antonio as part of the haul that landed Murray, so there’s plenty of sense for the Hawks, currently 14-19, to weigh selling some of its veteran contributors, incorporating a lottery pick alongside Young and Johnson, then stepping back toward Atlanta’s bigger goal of competing in the playoffs under head coach Quin Snyder next season. Atlanta has been one of the more active teams on the phones across the league, sources said. And that seller’s path becoming more likely has league personnel no longer considering the Hawks as a prominent potential landing spot for Toronto’s other trade-deadline darling, Pascal Siakam, now that the Raptors ultimately moved on from Anunoby.

Atlanta was once considered the most aggressive suitor for Siakam’s services, holding serious conversations with Toronto last offseason, sources said. But the chatter among NBA executives surrounding Siakam’s potential landing spots has now centered on Indiana, Sacramento and Detroit
Read on Twitter

I realize why our front office views Trae as untouchable, but all it takes is Trae saying he wants traded, and we're in a much larger bind. We must figure things out sooner than later to build around Trae and Jalen before he does request out.

Most teams have a Jalen Johnson of their own, but yippie, we have one young players that seems to be very promising. Sure, OO, but he's not going to work at the 5 fulltime.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#169 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:19 pm

The Pacers have stolen our BLUEPRINT!!!!!!!!!

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#170 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:43 pm

Glad we didn't gamble and overpay for a 3 month rental.

With that said, Indiana has a chance to make some noise this postseason.

Read on Twitter

D21
Lead Assistant
And1: 659

Post#171 » by D21 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:12 am

Not sure that IND will want to trade him now that they are clearly on winning mode, but if that's the case, ATL should call for Hield

Jamaaliver wrote:The Pacers have stolen our BLUEPRINT!!!!!!!!!

They mainly did what we should have done since several years ago, playing with a C that can spread the floor (and shooters)
Haliburton is great, but even more in this kind of lineup

Put Trae/Bogi/Hield/Jalen/Turner on the floor, and you scare every opponent teams

Cost: 40+18.7+19.3+2.9+21= 101.9M
You can add a very good bench before reaching the 165M luxury tax threshold...
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#172 » by HMFFL » Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:50 am

Not long ago it was uncertain which Pavers would even be on the team. Remember all the trade rumors that involved Myles Turner and others.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#173 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:40 pm

D21 wrote:They mainly did what we should have done since several years ago, playing with a C that can spread the floor (and shooters)

D21, You and Pascal appear to be on the same page.

Read on Twitter
D21
Lead Assistant
And1: 659

Post#174 » by D21 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:24 am

Jamaaliver wrote:D21, You and Pascal appear to be on the same page.

But I didn't want a trade with Siakam coming here :D
Unless we had a stretch C
I think he saw the difference between playing with a classic and a stretch C (Poetl and Gasol)

The crazy thing is that IND had two C like that, and kept one of both (the less offensive gifted but more defensive/more balanced), while ATL has been playing for years without any stretch C
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#175 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Mar 8, 2024 1:50 pm

Did Siakam ruin the Indiana Pacers?

Read on Twitter

DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,870

Post#176 » by DirtybirdGA » Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:25 pm

I see Tyrese's dip in assists per game, I doubt Trae would catch him, but it's a little interesting.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.

Return to Atlanta Hawks