And1: 8,213

Patty Mills Traded to Hawks from Thunder for Rudy Gay, TyTy Washington, More  

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Sat Jul 8, 2023 7:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
hawks_fan25
Sophomore
And1: 119

Re: Patty Mills Traded to Hawks from Thunder for Rudy Gay, TyTy Washington, More 

Post#2 » by hawks_fan25 » Sat Jul 8, 2023 7:52 pm

Patty’s gotta be included in an upcoming deal as salary filler. Hopefully it’s a big time trade.
POLI
Sophomore
And1: 93

Re: Patty Mills Traded to Hawks from Thunder for Rudy Gay, TyTy Washington, More 

Post#3 » by POLI » Sat Jul 8, 2023 10:22 pm

hawks_fan25 wrote:Patty’s gotta be included in an upcoming deal as salary filler. Hopefully it’s a big time trade.

It could be that, or it could be that Patty can play alongside Trae and Murray and is a good fit for the team.

But this seems as if Murray could be dealt to get a good PF.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,016

Post#4 » by jayu70 » Sat Jul 8, 2023 10:54 pm

POLI wrote:
hawks_fan25 wrote:Patty’s gotta be included in an upcoming deal as salary filler. Hopefully it’s a big time trade.

It could be that, or it could be that Patty can play alongside Trae and Murray and is a good fit for the team.

But this seems as if Murray could be dealt to get a good PF.

Patty's days starting are over
Murray cannot be dealt for 6 months...so that's a no.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,704

Post#5 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Jul 8, 2023 11:55 pm

HMFFL wrote:
Read on Twitter

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#6 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Jul 8, 2023 11:56 pm

Such a short sighted move. :nonono:

Clearly financially motivated.
NekiEcko
Bench Warmer
And1: 336

Post#7 » by NekiEcko » Sun Jul 9, 2023 12:08 am

or another trade coming.

Think about it we have now

Pre trades, no TPE, no MLE. 25.2 mil salary.

Post trades, TPE, MLE, 6.8 mil salary, 2nd round pick. Basically they turned Collins into a draft Pick, Patty Mills and as much as 38 million in trade/signing room. Plus Patty might not be staying.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#8 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jul 9, 2023 12:45 am

NekiEcko wrote:or another trade coming.

I hope you're right...
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,014

Post#9 » by Geaux_Hawks » Sun Jul 9, 2023 1:35 am

Meh, I actually thought we saw something in Garuba we wanted to explore. At least should've given Tyty a shot as a backup PG as well. If anything, this definitely feels more like a money saving move. I'm not sure Mills was worth Tyty, let alone adding a 2nd and Garuba.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#10 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jul 9, 2023 1:38 am

Read on Twitter
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,443

Post#11 » by CP War Hawks » Sun Jul 9, 2023 3:14 pm

I just didn't see any long term impact of Ty or Garuba when they already have MG and Bufkin already encompassing that space. The extension of DJM made them even more expendable, just wish there was actual value coming back.

That TPE should be at its greatest use during the deadline. Still have all the exceptions for any useful FAs in the future.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#12 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jul 9, 2023 5:33 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:I just didn't see any long term impact of Ty or Garuba when they already have MG and Bufkin already encompassing that space. The extension of DJM made them even more expendable, just wish there was actual value coming back.

That TPE should be at its greatest use during the deadline. Still have all the exceptions for any useful FAs in the future.

It was always a long shot either player would become a long term piece here. but they viewed as solid prospects as recently as 12 months ago. And considering they were on rookie contracts still, there was little downside to try and develop them into valuable trade assets or simply use them as cheap depth pieces over the course of a long season.

They likely have more potential than Tyrese Martin, Seth Lundy, Bruno Fernando or Vit Krejci. Seems shortsighted to dump them both plus a 2nd rounder for a 34 year old backup PG.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,074

Post#13 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sun Jul 9, 2023 5:57 pm

We're shopping at the dollar store

Prefer to keep the two recent FRPs for depth and development
jayu70
RealGM

Post#14 » by jayu70 » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:33 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#15 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:59 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter

jayu70
RealGM

Post#16 » by jayu70 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:39 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,074

Post#17 » by tbhawksfan1 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:02 pm

I really think that there is a problem in the NBA. Too many teams accumulaing too many picks and teams end up not putting any effort into development

Teams drafting FRPs and cutting them within a year or two with no off court issues is real bad. What is the benefit of this behavior? Do they only care about the stars that bring in the money?

I would love to see a new ABA league form and some good players with integrity move on out. I know that's absurd but I'm just over a whole lot of what's happening in the NBA
jayu70
RealGM

Post#18 » by jayu70 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:21 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:I really think that there is a problem in the NBA. Too many teams accumulaing too many picks and teams end up not putting any effort into development

Teams drafting FRPs and cutting them within a year or two with no off court issues is real bad. What is the benefit of this behavior? Do they only care about the stars that bring in the money?

I would love to see a new ABA league form and some good players with integrity move on out. I know that's absurd but I'm just over a whole lot of what's happening in the NBA

When a team has too many late first round picks, this is what happens. Boston also had a similar issue. There just isn't real playing time for end of roster guys.
I'm hoping with all teams now having a GLeague team (with Suns the final team joining in 2024-25) it would lead to a revamp of the system and become a true minir league system. Adding a 3rd 2way contract this season is a start.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#19 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:40 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:I really think that there is a problem in the NBA. Too many teams accumulaing too many picks and teams end up not putting any effort into development...

jayu70 wrote:When a team has too many late first round picks, this is what happens.

Yes!!!

These kids spent the last decade of their lives working/dreaming of making the NBA and then get cast aside months after being drafted. It's a such a waste of the kids development and careers.

Bigger picture, it's poor asset management by teams when a fourth of future 1st round picks are held by 3 teams who have no real avenue to play these guys.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#20 » by jayu70 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:55 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:I really think that there is a problem in the NBA. Too many teams accumulaing too many picks and teams end up not putting any effort into development...

jayu70 wrote:When a team has too many late first round picks, this is what happens.

Yes!!!

These kids spent the last decade of their lives working/dreaming of making the NBA and then get cast aside months after being drafted. It's a such a waste of the kids development and careers.

Bigger picture, it's poor asset management by teams when a fourth of future 1st round picks are held by 3 teams who have no real avenue to play these guys.

In some instances, it's not for lack of trying to move those picks. Pacers for example this year tried combining later picks to move up. Such trades are not always available.

Return to Atlanta Hawks