Official I Heart Vit Krejci Thread

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Official I Heart Vit Krejci Thread 

Post#1 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:25 pm

Just a place to pine over Vit and wonder how the kid hasn't gotten more opportunity at the Big League level or in the G-League.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Re: Official I Heart Vit Krejci Thread 

Post#2 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:26 pm

How does he even get this off?!?

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#3 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:29 pm

Theme for the Hawks Summer League 2023:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,934

Post#4 » by jayu70 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:31 pm

Vit was injured to start his NBA career. ACL injury 2 months prior to being drafted, then a follow-up procedure.
Vit Krejci has dealt with knee injuries since before he was selected in the second round of the 2020 NBA Draft and heading into what would be his first fully healthy offseason in the association he leads it off with a knee procedure.

I called him 'manu-lite' on the squawk - always looking to make the right play.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#5 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Aug 15, 2023 7:49 pm

I love this kid!!!

jayu70 wrote:Vit's having a good showing!
Read on Twitter
?s=20

jayu70
RealGM

Post#6 » by jayu70 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:32 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#7 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:43 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's so hard to root for this team...

D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#8 » by D21 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:10 am

Unbelievable... you watch the guy making right decisions on the floor, he could also bring height in PG position if needed, and he's waived, just like that
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#9 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:11 pm

Additional Thoughts:

It's dirty the team chose to do this while Vit is playing (ballin' out) for his country in FIBA basketball. Just an embarrassing turn of events for the kid.

Hopefully, he and his agent have enough time to get him a camp invite for a team that will actually develop him and give him an opportunity.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#10 » by jayu70 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:37 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Additional Thoughts:

It's dirty the team chose to do this while Vit is playing (ballin' out) for his country in FIBA basketball. Just an embarrassing turn of events for the kid.

Hopefully, he and his agent have enough time to get him a camp invite for a team that will actually develop him and give him an opportunity.

Or.....it could be based on his play his agent requested a release to get with another team vs going thru camp with the Hawks then getting cut after camp since his contract was unguaranteed anyway and the Hawks have a full 15 man roster already? Many teams still have roster spots available.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#11 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:24 pm

jayu70 wrote:Or.....it could be based on his play his agent requested a release to get with another team vs going thru camp with the Hawks then getting cut after camp since his contract was unguaranteed anyway and the Hawks have a full 15 man roster already? Many teams still have roster spots available.

I agree with not stringing the kid along through training camp. But it seems like this could have been done last week, after Summer League...or after international basketball was over in a couple of weeks.

In his home country, the headlines today should highlight how well Vit's playing for his country. Not how he was cut from his NBA Team and is currently without a pro job.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,036

Post#12 » by tbhawksfan1 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:02 pm

But Daddy said that we need to cut cost :banghead:

Everyone in the front office needs to get some strong mouth wash cause you know where their lips have been
jayu70
RealGM

Post#13 » by jayu70 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:21 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Or.....it could be based on his play his agent requested a release to get with another team vs going thru camp with the Hawks then getting cut after camp since his contract was unguaranteed anyway and the Hawks have a full 15 man roster already? Many teams still have roster spots available.

I agree with not stringing the kid along through training camp. But it seems like this could have been done last week, after Summer League...or after international basketball was over in a couple of weeks.

In his home country, the headlines today should highlight how well Vit's playing for his country. Not how he was cut from his NBA Team and is currently without a pro job.
Timing is unfortunate.
Hawks have been rumored to be in several consolidation trades, meaning there might have been a roster spot available for him if it happened. If those trades fell thru and Hawks decided to stand pat (based on reports last week that Hawks were comfortable going into the season as is) then Vit with his unguaranteed contract would be most likely to be cut.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#14 » by jayu70 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:10 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#15 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:52 pm

Read on Twitter

jayu70
RealGM

Post#16 » by jayu70 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:20 pm

The Timberwolves have waived guard/forward Vit Krejci, according to NBA.com’s transactions log.

– via Hoops Rumors
jayu70
RealGM

Post#17 » by jayu70 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:27 pm

He's Baaaack!!!!!!
Leads me to speculate that AJ will be out longer.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#18 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Mar 2, 2024 3:58 pm

So glad this kid is back in the fold.

If we start tanking in a few weeks, I hope he gets burn with the big league team.

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#19 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:35 am

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#20 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:13 pm

A few thoughts on Atlanta’s post All-Star break form

Vit Krejci Can Ball

Even with the slew of injuries to Atlanta’s rotation, Quin Snyder raised a few eyebrows when he thrust two-way forward, Vit Krejci, into the Hawks’ starting lineup for the past 6 games. Krejci, the 37th overall pick in the 2020 draft, made 29 appearances* for the Hawks last season and was a member of Atlanta’s summer league squad, but he was a free agent before the team picked him back up on a two-way in December.

In 13 appearances in the G-League this season, he averaged 8.9 points, 5.3 rebounds and 5.0 assists, while shooting 40.2% from the floor and 27.5% from downtown — good but not great numbers.

Still, watching Krejci play with the big boys over the past few games, there’s something that appeals to me about the way he plays. Though his stat lines won’t jump off the score-sheet, averaging a meager 5.2 points*, 2.7 assists, and 1.3 rebounds in 25.2 minutes a night as a starter, Krejci is a terrific passer for a player his size, doesn’t turn the ball over, and has a knack for keeping the ball moving on offense.

In this possession, he executes a nice give-and-go, setting up Jalen Johnson for an easy two.

Here, he catches Zion sleeping with a quick drive coming off the handoff then dishes it to Clint Capela for a score.

Everyone saw this play, but look at him turn on the razzle-dazzle before setting up Capela for a slam.

Krejci has posted a sparkling 16:3 assist-to-turnover ratio over the past six games, and despite his inconsistent outside shooting touch, Atlanta’s offensive efficiency hasn’t dropped off when he’s been in the game, as they’ve scored 118.9 points per 100 possessions with him on the floor this season* per pbpstats. (For comparison, Atlanta’s season long offensive rating is 117.8.)

More ruthless defenses will cut off Krejci’s passing options and dare him to shoot, so it’s important for him to knock down his open looks from three in order to become a true threat on the offensive end.

Additionally, the Hawks’ defense has been toasted with Krejci on the floor*, giving up 123.9 points per 100 possessions, while allowing opponent’s to shoot a whopping 76.2% at the rim (per cleaningtheglass). He needs to make strides on this end of the floor as well. (Though he did have a swat against James Harden on Sunday night, and an impressive defensive possession on Max Christie in garbage time against the Lakers. The effort is there.)

Still, Krejci is 23 years old. He has time to develop, and will not lack for effort when he is out on the floor. I’ve been a fan of what he’s brought to the table over the past six games.
Peachtree Hoops

Return to Atlanta Hawks