ImageImage

Hawks will choose between Trae or Dejounte this summer?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Which Lead Guard would you like to see the Hawks keep this summer?

Poll runs till Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:57 pm

DeJounte
35%
Trae
30%
Both
9%
Neither
26%

Total votes: 23

tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,036

Re: Hawks will choose between Trae or Dejounte this summer? 

Post#61 » by tbhawksfan1 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:36 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Hawks fans and front office greatly overrated Dejounte's PG skills.

Read on Twitter

Hawks got fleeced trading for DM. He's a decent starting player but they paid a star price for him. :noway:
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,012

Post#62 » by HMFFL » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:31 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Hawks fans and front office greatly overrated Dejounte's PG skills.

Read on Twitter

Hawks got fleeced trading for DM. He's a decent starting player but they paid a star price for him. :noway:
DM looks pretty good to me.
Trae on the other hand can be very frustrating to watch. He won't have success without an all time great big man. Time will tell if I'm wrong or not.

I also don't trust Trae wanting to be a Hawk longterm. The issue I see occurring is if we trade DM and then if Trae wants out after.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#63 » by HMFFL » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:32 pm

Regardless, Landry Fields and Kyle Korver have seen difficult decisions to make.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#64 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:37 pm

HMFFL wrote:DM looks pretty good to me.

Trae on the other hand can be very frustrating to watch. He won't have success without an all time great big man. Time will tell if I'm wrong or not.

I also don't trust Trae wanting to be a Hawk longterm. The issue I see occurring is if we trade DM and then if Trae wants out after.

tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#65 » by tbhawksfan1 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:01 am

I like both Trae and DM. One problem is that DM is best as a starting PG. As a starting SG he loses a lot of what gives him an advantage. If we didn't have Trae and DM played PG, we would start to have a size advantage somewhere, which would be a first.

Another BIG problem is our front-court. It needs to be radically reconstructed. Capela is about done and OO needs to develop much more as a PF/C. Need a lot more offense out of him. JJ to me needs to plat at SF a lot. Love him as a F, but we get big with him at SF if we have a normal sized front-court. Hunter is clearly a SF and has a lot to contribute, but more times than not he seems to be under-performing

Another problem; we lack shooting. DM and JJ is about all we have as far as athleticism...another problem

As I said, I like both Trae and DM, but I think that one or even both need to be moved to start to build this team right. Trae has much more value so like to keep him. DM needs to be traded to a team that sees him as a starting PG and willing to give at least what we paid for him value wize
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#66 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:36 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#67 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:35 am

tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#68 » by tbhawksfan1 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:43 am

If the Hawks continue this trend of playing better without Trae and missing half the rotation, the question absolutely comes up whether or not to look to move Trae.

I think that our meddleing, NBA incompetant owner and FO wouldn't even entertain the thought simply because Trae is a money cow. He will continue to put butts in seats for years to come and that's all that matters to Ressler

He won't but I so wish that Schlenk would go public on his situation in the ATL
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#69 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:37 am

Dejounte is nowhere the player that Trae Young is...but the morale and vibes under his watch are noticeably better with him leading and no Trae.

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,934

Post#70 » by jayu70 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:24 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Dejounte is nowhere the player that Trae Young is...but the morale and vibes under his watch are noticeably better with him leading and no Trae.

Morale and Vibes won't have us in championship contention.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#71 » by King Ken » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:31 am

jayu70 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Dejounte is nowhere the player that Trae Young is...but the morale and vibes under his watch are noticeably better with him leading and no Trae.

Morale and Vibes won't have us in championship contention.

Nope and we have no answer if the shots aren't falling with Murray at the helm
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#72 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:02 am

King Ken wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Morale and Vibes won't have us in championship contention.

Morale is a pretty big part of team building. Teams that hate each other have a hard time working through adversity together.

This was one of the issues for that Utah team under Quin, when Donovan and Gobert basically stopped speaking to each other or even passing the ball between them.

Read on Twitter

King Ken
General Manager

Post#73 » by King Ken » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:15 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
King Ken wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Morale and Vibes won't have us in championship contention.

Morale is a pretty big part of team building. Teams that hate each other have a hard time working through adversity together.

This was one of the issues for that Utah team under Quin, when Donovan and Gobert basically stopped speaking to each other or even passing the ball between them.

Read on Twitter

It is. But this is the extreme example of bad chemistry. Trae is well liked within the team but everyone knows Murray is loved
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#74 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:32 pm

NBA Players Most Likely to Hit the Trade Block Next

Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks

This is not at all how things were supposed to go when Atlanta placed a massive wager—in the form of three first-round picks and a first-round swap—on Dejounte Murray being the missing piece. However, that June 2022 blockbuster continues to appear like a massive misfire due in large part to Murray's poor fit with Trae Young.

Those two are theoretically supposed to be pushing the Hawks into championship contention. Instead, they're getting skewered every time they share the floor. Atlanta's worst backcourt combination this season is that very pairing:

• Young and Murray on: 116.6 offensive rating, 122.4 defensive rating, minus-5.8 net rating
  • Young on, Murray off: 121.5 offensive rating, 119.4 defensive rating, plus-2.1 net rating
  • Murray on, Young off: 119.1 offensive rating, 118.5 defensive rating, plus-0.5 net rating
  • Murray and Young off: 107.7 offensive rating, 111.4 defensive rating, minus-3.7 net rating

It appeared for a time that this twosome's troubles would force Murray out, but maybe Young—one of this league's most extreme one-way players—gets squeezed instead. One Western Conference executive told The Ringer's Howard Beck the Hawks "would love to trade Trae," while NBA insider Marc Stein relayed that "Trae Trade Talk has a more tangible feel than ever before."

That one conference finals trip, which Atlanta traversed as a No. 5 feed, comprises the totality of its playoff success since acquiring Young during the 2018 draft. The Hawks could reach the conclusion sooner than later that it can't win big—or competently defend—with Young on the roster. The second that happens, they could start fielding offers for the three-time All-Star, and those overtures could be strong.

For all of his shortcomings on defense, he's a brilliant offensive talent who piles up points, assists and threes at a nearly unprecedented rate. Some team will convince itself it can field a more formidable roster around Young than the Hawks ever have, and as long as the incoming assets are where they need to be, Atlanta might grant them that chance.
Bleacher Report
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#75 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:21 pm

NBA Trade Value Rankings...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#76 » by HMFFL » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:22 am

Minnesota could be a good option for Trae Young due to the talent they have. He gets a big man and the future great Anthony Edwards.

King Ken
General Manager

Post#77 » by King Ken » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:26 am

HMFFL wrote:Minnesota could be a good option for Trae Young due to the talent they have. He gets a big man and the future great Anthony Edwards.

I'll rather keep Trae unless we can get Devin Booker or something worthy of trading Trae. We aren't in a position of favor it make a trade of Trae. We would need to already have our own picks and get a ton of other 1sts for Trae so we can restart but if we can't do that, no point of trading Trae. We just need to build around him the best way we can.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#78 » by King Ken » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:29 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
NBA Players Most Likely to Hit the Trade Block Next

Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks

This is not at all how things were supposed to go when Atlanta placed a massive wager—in the form of three first-round picks and a first-round swap—on Dejounte Murray being the missing piece. However, that June 2022 blockbuster continues to appear like a massive misfire due in large part to Murray's poor fit with Trae Young.

Those two are theoretically supposed to be pushing the Hawks into championship contention. Instead, they're getting skewered every time they share the floor. Atlanta's worst backcourt combination this season is that very pairing:

• Young and Murray on: 116.6 offensive rating, 122.4 defensive rating, minus-5.8 net rating
  • Young on, Murray off: 121.5 offensive rating, 119.4 defensive rating, plus-2.1 net rating
  • Murray on, Young off: 119.1 offensive rating, 118.5 defensive rating, plus-0.5 net rating
  • Murray and Young off: 107.7 offensive rating, 111.4 defensive rating, minus-3.7 net rating

It appeared for a time that this twosome's troubles would force Murray out, but maybe Young—one of this league's most extreme one-way players—gets squeezed instead. One Western Conference executive told The Ringer's Howard Beck the Hawks "would love to trade Trae," while NBA insider Marc Stein relayed that "Trae Trade Talk has a more tangible feel than ever before."

That one conference finals trip, which Atlanta traversed as a No. 5 feed, comprises the totality of its playoff success since acquiring Young during the 2018 draft. The Hawks could reach the conclusion sooner than later that it can't win big—or competently defend—with Young on the roster. The second that happens, they could start fielding offers for the three-time All-Star, and those overtures could be strong.

For all of his shortcomings on defense, he's a brilliant offensive talent who piles up points, assists and threes at a nearly unprecedented rate. Some team will convince itself it can field a more formidable roster around Young than the Hawks ever have, and as long as the incoming assets are where they need to be, Atlanta might grant them that chance.
Bleacher Report

The two sites with negative Hawks credibility. The Ringer and Bleacher Report.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#79 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:27 am

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#80 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Atlanta Hawks