ImageImage

Hawks will choose between Trae or Dejounte this summer?

Moderators: HMFFL, dms269, Jamaaliver

Which Lead Guard would you like to see the Hawks keep this summer?

Poll runs till Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:57 pm

DeJounte
33%
Trae
33%
Both
7%
Neither
26%

Total votes: 27

dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,547

Re: Hawks will choose between Trae or Dejounte this summer? 

Post#141 » by dms269 » Thu May 9, 2024 6:01 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Image

That article might one of the worst written articles.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,639

Post#142 » by Jamaaliver » Fri May 10, 2024 5:18 pm

If only....

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,984

Post#143 » by jayu70 » Fri May 10, 2024 11:13 pm

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#144 » by jayu70 » Fri May 10, 2024 11:42 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#145 » by Jamaaliver » Tue May 14, 2024 4:47 am

Trae forcing a sit down with team management to discuss the team's direction...feels like the precursor to a trade demand.

Read on Twitter
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#146 » by dms269 » Tue May 14, 2024 9:48 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Trae forcing a sit down with team management to discuss the team's direction...feels like the precursor to a trade demand.

Read on Twitter
Maybe, maybe not. It is probably a "come to Jesus".

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 531

Post#147 » by raleigh » Tue May 14, 2024 9:03 pm

I hope it's a two-way conversation. There's plenty of blame to go around.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 995

Post#148 » by Geaux_Hawks » Tue May 14, 2024 10:43 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Trae forcing a sit down with team management to discuss the team's direction...feels like the precursor to a trade demand.

Read on Twitter

This is where Landry and the boys start earning that pay check. Sit your star down and lay out a plan of action. Sell him on the notion of Sarr being a very early Christmas gift.

Break the unfortunate news that him and DJ won't work together. While doing so, let him know they will find a better fitting piece using DJ. Remind him that JJ is moving towards being a star running mate with him. If nothing else, allow Quin to show him the vision of where he see's the team with the right moves, and that Quin's input will be heavily valued.

This is such a pivotal moment for this franchise. We've started the summer off in the right direction by getting an unexpected pick falling into our laps. If we can string together a few more good moves, we can get back to having that bright future that the ECF run showcased.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#149 » by Jamaaliver » Wed May 15, 2024 1:21 am

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,050

Post#150 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed May 15, 2024 3:23 pm

“There’s times teams want to take their time, be slow with winning, their process. It’s just, I’m not there anymore. I want to win, and I’ve always been that way, so. I don’t feel like I have very much time to waste. I just want to continue to play at a high level, and I feel like I can do that: play at a high level and win.”

Trae is saying it loud and clear. Do the Hawks have any chance to win enough soon to please Trae's expectation? The #1 pick is great luck but it's most valuable as a draft piece, much less as a trade piece.

Problem with attempting a quick turn around into the kind of team Trae wants is that the Hawks are a long way from there. Too many changes need to be made. Nothing fits on this team. Murray and Trae was terrible. Front court is lame and needs to be rebuilt. Capela is on his way out. Likely before the next deadline.

Hunter is a mystery... JJ is the only player trending up and showing real potential

I don't think that the Hawks can become contenders wihin a year or two...so no making Trae happy. I suppose if he is hard in that stance and next season would only add to his frustration, looks like the best move is to trade him now.

I don't want our picks back. I want to do this mini rebuild fast. Use #1 on Sarr and try to get another 2024 top ten and some good role player / young player in a Trae deal and go with. I like the idea of San Anton, but not for our picks back. Something like K Johnson / #8 and #4 filler would get my interest

Murray / Vit / JJ / OO / Sarr

Hunter / Johnson / Capela / Bog / Kobe / Gueye / #4 / #8 Hopefully have room for a MLE this offseason

I think that's a team that can win over 30 games and have a lot of room for growth
jayu70
RealGM

Post#151 » by jayu70 » Wed May 15, 2024 3:30 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:“There’s times teams want to take their time, be slow with winning, their process. It’s just, I’m not there anymore. I want to win, and I’ve always been that way, so. I don’t feel like I have very much time to waste. I just want to continue to play at a high level, and I feel like I can do that: play at a high level and win.”

Trae is saying it loud and clear. Do the Hawks have any chance to win enough soon to please Trae's expectation? The #1 pick is great luck but it's most valuable as a draft piece, much less as a trade piece.

Problem with attempting a quick turn around into the kind of team Trae wants is that the Hawks are a long way from there. Too many changes need to be made. Nothing fits on this team. Murray and Trae was terrible. Front court is lame and needs to be rebuilt. Capela is on his way out. Likely before the next deadline.

Hunter is a mystery... JJ is the only player trending up and showing real potential

I don't think that the Hawks can become contenders wihin a year or two...so no making Trae happy. I suppose if he is hard in that stance and next season would only add to his frustration, looks like the best move is to trade him now.

I don't want our picks back. I want to do this mini rebuild fast. Use #1 on Sarr and try to get another 2024 top ten and some good role player / young player in a Trae deal and go with. I like the idea of San Anton, but not for our picks back. Something like K Johnson / #8 and #4 filler would get my interest

Hunter / Johnson / Capela / Bog / Kobe / Gueye / #4 / #8 Hopefully have room for a MLE this offseason

I think that's a team that can win over 30 games and have a lot of room for growth

I will say it's not so much what they did do...it's more about what they didn't do AFTER the Murray acquisition. They didn't make a good faith effort to keep adding real NBA talent, did that at the cost of cutting salary and did nothing beyond that.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,050

Post#152 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed May 15, 2024 3:33 pm

jayu70 wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:“There’s times teams want to take their time, be slow with winning, their process. It’s just, I’m not there anymore. I want to win, and I’ve always been that way, so. I don’t feel like I have very much time to waste. I just want to continue to play at a high level, and I feel like I can do that: play at a high level and win.”

I will say it's not so much what they did do...it's more about what they didn't do AFTER the Murray acquisition. They didn't make a good faith effort to keep adding real NBA talent, did that at the cost of cutting salary and did nothing beyond that.

Yeah, of course. We see it and Trae sees it. That's why I don't think that they will be able to make Trae happy without trading him to a better situation
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#153 » by dms269 » Wed May 15, 2024 3:51 pm

jayu70 wrote:

I don't think you can ignore the major misses on draft picks as well. Swing and a miss on Hunter and, kinda of, the same for OO.

I think in a perfect world you would have had great movement with Murray and Trae, both playing off ball at times and constant movement. Instead it turned into an iso-fest.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#154 » by Jamaaliver » Sat May 18, 2024 3:52 am

:rofl2:

Read on Twitter
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,444

Post#155 » by vincecarter4pres » Yesterday 9:43 pm

Jamaaliver wrote: :rofl2:

Read on Twitter

Idk, I proposed a similar question on the Nets board and didn’t even see this Tweet/report.

Is Trae the better player? 100%, no question about it.

But is Trae a bit hard to build with, hard to find that perfect pairing, much much more expensive? Maybe cannot be the best player on a real contender, but hard to have as your #2 because of his style of play and need to dominate the ball, along with overstretched, but definitely true to an extent defensive deficiencies?

I came here to ask how good was Trae during your run to the ECF and ran into this report, so I wasn’t looking to direct the conversation in this direction, but there’s something to be said about this stance.

Twelve years ago or so, many would have laughed at something like this if you swapped Trae with Deron Williams and Garland with Mike Conley Jr., but just a couple seasons later, most outside Nets fans would have seen the irony.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,163

Post#156 » by HMFFL » Today 2:20 am

If our first overall picks not a superstar right sway Trae will request out. The writing is on the wall. Murray will be kept unless we're offered s package we cannot turn down.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 995

Post#157 » by Geaux_Hawks » Today 2:56 am

vincecarter4pres wrote:Idk, I proposed a similar question on the Nets board and didn’t even see this Tweet/report.

But is Trae a bit hard to build with, hard to find that perfect pairing, much much more expensive? Maybe cannot be the best player on a real contender, but hard to have as your #2 because of his style of play and need to dominate the ball, along with overstretched, but definitely true to an extent defensive deficiencies?

I came here to ask how good was Trae during your run to the ECF and ran into this report, so I wasn’t looking to direct the conversation in this direction, but there’s something to be said about this stance.

Twelve years ago or so, many would have laughed at something like this if you swapped Trae with Deron Williams and Garland with Mike Conley Jr., but just a couple seasons later, most outside Nets fans would have seen the irony.

I'd assume "some teams" probably just see Garland easier to attain than Trae. A team may consider saving on some assets, plus about a $7 million difference against the cap more appealing.

Trae Young taking that 2021 team to the ECF is something I doubt Garland would have been able to do. He's not as hard to build around as many will have you believe. The Hawks in general have been a poorly constructed roster. Trae just catches all the flak because he does have his faults.
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,444

Post#158 » by vincecarter4pres » Today 12:29 pm

Geaux_Hawks wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:Idk, I proposed a similar question on the Nets board and didn’t even see this Tweet/report.

I'd assume "some teams" probably just see Garland easier to attain than Trae. A team may consider saving on some assets, plus about a $7 million difference against the cap more appealing.

Trae Young taking that 2021 team to the ECF is something I doubt Garland would have been able to do. He's not as hard to build around as many will have you believe. The Hawks in general have been a poorly constructed roster. Trae just catches all the flak because he does have his faults.

Trae is certainly a big game player, and the Hawks assets and draft selections have been squandered a bit, their roster construction is questionable, and flexibility in jeopardy to an extent.

But all that said, you don’t have concerns about Trae the player?

Where would you rank him overall in the NBA? I totally understand lists are arbitrary, but curious to hear your opinion.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.

Return to Atlanta Hawks