ImageImageImage

Heat Scorch C's From 3! Game 2 Loss vs MIA 4/24 (Series tied 1-1)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,218

Re: Heat Scorch C's From 3! Game 2 Loss vs MIA 4/24 (Series tied 1-1) 

Post#421 » by Fierce1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:58 pm

Big J wrote:This team needs an authoritarian head coach like Thibs. Tatum is too lackadaisical and Brown is too bull headed. Neither of them respect Joe because he tries too hard to be friends with them.

You're not wrong, but a coaching change right now is not realistic.

What is your stand on this season, you think Cs can win a championship or you think Cs will fail this year?
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 10,979

Post#422 » by CelticsPride18 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:58 pm

PierceFan4ever wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:
Because Mazzulla is garbage. He also played brown only 37 minutes. I was pissed af when I saw the lineups for the 4th quarter and it was Tatum, holiday, Horford, Pritch, and Hauser when the team was down 8. Needed 1 more offensive weapon out there to help Tatum out. One of brown or white needed be there because Jrue holiday is not a good offensive player outside of open threes and Horford brings almost nothing offensively besides again open threes.

That was our best lineup last night. Tatum played soft staring the 4th quarter.

It was a good lineup for the 2nd quarter but I just don’t trust that lineup one bit in a game we are trailing by 6-8 in the 4th. Our most consistent 4th quarter player Derrick white should be out there along with brown. Can’t really trust Tatum in the 4th especially with that lineup that has zero offense besides finding an open three point shooter. I don’t know why Mazzulla changed **** up this season with Derrick white and Tatum. My favorite bench lineup was always Tatum and white with the bench instead of Tatum and Jrue. White just brings more to the table especially with the 2nd unit he would’ve been more aggressive looking for his offense. Jrue holiday running the bench lineup means Jrue likely has to take more shots which I don’t like unless it’s a three point shot.

Tatum set the tempo for the 4th quarter by taking a dumbass fadeaway and missing free throws. Then he had a weak contest on Delon Wright after that he disappeared the rest of the game.
lon3lytoaster
Head Coach
And1: 5,673

Post#423 » by lon3lytoaster » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:00 pm

Tyakack wrote:Great watch if you can deal with the constant yelling.

This one just hurts your soul. If you want to give Mazzulla a pass for last season and a rushed implementation of whatever he wanted to do last year on the eve of training camp more or less, fine. This is just completely unacceptable and it's not just "hot shooting." This is the same thing that happened against them last year. Then Philadelphia before that. And Atlanta even before that. Their plan is to clearly just disrespect professional basketball players by letting them shoot warm up jumpers and hope they don't have enough pride to not give up when they're down.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#424 » by Fierce1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:04 pm

Come on now, there are those who believe the Cs will win a championship despite of Joe.

That's just not true IMO.

If Joe is really bad at coaching, Cs will not even get to the finals.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#425 » by BK_2020 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:06 pm

Maybe Tatum & Company didn't play at their best because we just didn't believe in them enough.
lon3lytoaster
Head Coach
And1: 5,673

Post#426 » by lon3lytoaster » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:08 pm

BK_2020 wrote:Maybe Tatum & Company didn't play at their best because we just didn't believe in them enough.

Joe Mazzulla and Jayson Tatum do not believe in the heart of the cards and we've activated Miami's trap card.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#427 » by Fierce1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:10 pm

BK_2020 wrote:Maybe Tatum & Company didn't play at their best because we just didn't believe in them enough.

That's really possible. :lol:
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#428 » by Fierce1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:11 pm

Can't wait to revisit this thread 1 week from now.
tfmiii
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,108

Post#429 » by tfmiii » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:22 pm

I know this the guy's schtick, but it does illustrate how uncontested the 3s were and how it is a byproduct of Joe's defensive system

https://youtu.be/mwcuxFZi_9k?si=-2YASOGUXUjOb1P0
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,448

Post#430 » by Big J » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:23 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Big J wrote:This team needs an authoritarian head coach like Thibs. Tatum is too lackadaisical and Brown is too bull headed. Neither of them respect Joe because he tries too hard to be friends with them.

You're not wrong, but a coaching change right now is not realistic.

What is your stand on this season, you think Cs can win a championship or you think Cs will fail this year?

I don’t know if we’re winning one or not. I do know that it’s possible to win one with a trash HC, because we saw that first hand with Doc. That doesn’t mean that it’s in the teams best interest to just trot an incompetent guy out there when there are better options available.
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,380

Post#431 » by Tyakack » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:24 pm

Fierce1 wrote:Come on now, there are those who believe the Cs will win a championship despite of Joe.

Well, I personally think they will lose in the finals largely due to Joe. That aside though, do you really think every coach that has ever reached the finals was a good coach? I don't think you believe that.

The C's can still make the finals despite Joe because they have the best roster in the east. It's that simple. Talent is still king at the end of the day. You can overcome alot when you have alot of it.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#432 » by Fierce1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:29 pm

Tyakack wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Come on now, there are those who believe the Cs will win a championship despite of Joe.

Well, I personally think they will lose in the finals largely due to Joe. That aside though, do you really think every coach that has ever reached the finals was a good coach? I don't think you believe that.

The C's can still make the finals despite Joe because they have the best roster in the east. It's that simple. Talent is still king at the end of the day. You can overcome alot when you have alot of it.

Best roster in the east?

Some of the Cs fans here were saying Hali is better than JT.

Everybody agrees the Cs struggle executing in late game situations.

It's not just Joe, there are other flaws.
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,448

Post#433 » by Big J » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:30 pm

Tyakack wrote:

Doc Rivers proves this theory.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#434 » by Fierce1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:31 pm

tfmiii wrote:I know this the guy's schtick, but it does illustrate how uncontested the 3s were and how it is a byproduct of Joe's defensive system

https://youtu.be/mwcuxFZi_9k?si=-2YASOGUXUjOb1P0

It worked in Game 1 as the Cs won by 20 points.

Difference?

In Game 1 Miami shot 32% from 3 while they shot 53% from 3 in Game 2.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#435 » by Fierce1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:35 pm

Big J wrote:
Tyakack wrote:

Doc Rivers proves this theory.

But Doc had a 32-year old Ray Allen, a 31-year old KG, and a 30-year old Paul Pierce.

It was a veteran team.

This current Celtics team has 3 star players below 30.
Bar Fight
RealGM
And1: 15,931

Post#436 » by Bar Fight » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:35 pm

Are you programmed to say the same **** 1000 times per thread?
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#437 » by Fierce1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:38 pm

Bar Fight wrote:

It's a 2-way street.

Every Celtic loss Joe gets blamed and I kept being told that Joe doesn't matter because the Cs will win a chip despite of Joe.
Bar Fight
RealGM
And1: 15,931

Post#438 » by Bar Fight » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:42 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Bar Fight wrote:

It's a 2-way street.

Every Celtic loss Joe gets blamed and I kept being told that Joe doesn't matter because the Cs will win a chip despite of Joe.

I mean, at a certain point don't you feel you've said your piece? :lol:
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#439 » by Fierce1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:44 pm

Bar Fight wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Bar Fight wrote:Are you programmed to say the same **** 1000 times per thread?

It's a 2-way street.

I mean, at a certain point don't you feel you've said your piece? :lol:

Yeah, you got a point. :lol:
tfmiii
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,108

Post#440 » by tfmiii » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:47 pm

My concern is not that they lost, but how they lost.

Several things, most touched on already:

Joe's seeming inability to react in real time:
We're facing a scrappy, dirty opponent - so why not find time for our scrappiest players? Oshae would help level the intensity/physicality deficit. Xavier, Springer, even Queta for limited minutes. But we'll live and die with 8.

Joe's inability to react extends to off/defense schemes. Others have spoken to this.

Joe not putting his players in a position to succeed - with respect to the schemes above, if players loses confidence in them and there are no adjustments then their intensity will flag. It's human nature when you feel like you're just shoveling sand against the tide.

Last thing I'll touch on is the weird passivity towards Miami dirty play, all 'stiff upper lip' ****. Why shouldn't Joe make a media discussion/storm out of Miami's questionable play? Put them and the league under the spotlight. If I were Joe I'd have catapulted on to the court when Bam wiped out DWhite on yet ANOTHER moving screen in game one, nevermind Martin's hipcheck.

The star players can be stoic, but the coach should be highlighting the illegal screens every chance he gets, for the press, the fans, the refs and the league - in part to have his players's back. I'll date myself but I remember Phil Jax claiming (falsely) that Dikembe deliberately put his face into Shaq's elbows to draw fouls - 'Deke leads with his beak.' Make Bam an issue, the podcasters will love chewing it over and it will trickle into the framing of the games. Highlighting Bam's moving screens has the additional virtue of being true.

Return to Boston Celtics