ImageImageImage

Celts Still Caven't Found What They're Looking For! Game 2 Loss vs CLE 5/9 (Tied 1-1)

Moderators: bisme37, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10

Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,332

Re: Celts Still Caven't Found What They're Looking For! Game 2 Loss vs CLE 5/9 (Tied 1-1) 

Post#301 » by Ben-N1ce » Fri May 10, 2024 2:44 pm

Bird84 wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:The Tatum pressers are **** depressing. There is no fire in that guy. No respect for our fan base as well for these performances at the TD Garden

It really does seem like he's not enjoying playing the game currently.

I think he's spent a ton of time building his brand the last two years. He says all the right thing and stays out of trouble but when it comes to the court I want more accountability more aggressive mentality and less whining to refs.Some people just don't have it. Best player on the team needs to set a tone. I dont think he's done that. He's just kind of floating out there.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,761

Re: Celts Still Caven't Found What They're Looking For! Game 2 Loss vs CLE 5/9 (Tied 1-1) 

Post#302 » by Triple7 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:48 pm

Tyakack wrote:I just realized Tatum hasn't scored 30 in these playoffs yet. I'm all down for Tatum passing the ball around when it's working, but when the team needs YOU to take over a game, can you? He didn't last night. Sometimes you need your best player to go win you a game. This playoff run is gonna be such a huge legacy defining moment for this guy. He literally has no excuses left other than, I failed.

He’s passing the ball because his shot isn’ falling. Give him credit for not forcing too many shots as compared to previous years. All eyes are on him. Almost every analysts says they don’ trust JT in the playoffs. I was hoping this would be the year he proves everyone wrong. I guess not so far. He still has time though. Let see what he does next game.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,761

Post#303 » by Triple7 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:51 pm

Ben-N1ce wrote:
Bird84 wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:The Tatum pressers are **** depressing. There is no fire in that guy. No respect for our fan base as well for these performances at the TD Garden

It really does seem like he's not enjoying playing the game currently.

I think he's spent a ton of time building his brand the last two years. He says all the right thing and stays out of trouble but when it comes to the court I want more accountability more aggressive mentality and less whining to refs.Some people just don't have it. Best player on the team needs to set a tone. I dont think he's done that. He's just kind of floating out there.

Exactly!
When White and JB were cookin in game 1. They wasn’t even looking to pass it to JT. Its like he wasn’t even there. You could see JT standing behind the arc watching.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,726

Post#304 » by Fierce1 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:52 pm

Triple7 wrote:
Tyakack wrote:I just realized Tatum hasn't scored 30 in these playoffs yet. I'm all down for Tatum passing the ball around when it's working, but when the team needs YOU to take over a game, can you? He didn't last night. Sometimes you need your best player to go win you a game. This playoff run is gonna be such a huge legacy defining moment for this guy. He literally has no excuses left other than, I failed.

He’s passing the ball because his shot isn’ falling. Give him credit for not forcing too many shots as compared to previous years. All eyes are on him. Almost every analysts says they don’ trust JT in the playoffs. I was hoping this would be the year he proves everyone wrong. I guess not so far. He still has time though. Let see what he does next game.

Jayson Tatum will have the last laugh.

Doubters beware.
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,494

Post#305 » by fallguy » Fri May 10, 2024 2:53 pm

Triple7 wrote:
Ben-N1ce wrote:
Bird84 wrote:It really does seem like he's not enjoying playing the game currently.

Exactly!
When White and JB were cookin in game 1. They wasn’t even looking to pass it to JT. Its like he wasn’t even there. You could see JT standing behind the arc watching.

I think that was the plan.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#306 » by Fierce1 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:55 pm

Triple7 wrote:
Ben-N1ce wrote:
Bird84 wrote:It really does seem like he's not enjoying playing the game currently.

Exactly!

If just standing there leads to a 20-point win then why not?

JT does not need to cook when JB and White are cooking.

It will be a case of too many chefs in the kitchen.
Bird84
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,167

Post#307 » by Bird84 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:55 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

Doubters beware.

What do you consider the last laugh? If he wins a chip but isn't the main driver behind it will that be the last laugh? I feel like that's the best case scenario.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#308 » by Fierce1 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:57 pm

Bird84 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

Doubters beware.

What do you consider the last laugh? If he wins a chip but isn't the main driver behind it will that be the last laugh? I feel like that's the best case scenario.

He wins a chip with the Lakers.

I tell you, if JT doesn't feel the love in Boston, he will leave in 2025.
Bird84
Bench Warmer

Post#309 » by Bird84 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:58 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Bird84 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Jayson Tatum will have the last laugh.

Doubters beware.

If he's that soft I guess the Lakers can have him. Maybe he can join up with 2 players better than him and win one.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#310 » by Fierce1 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:00 pm

Bird84 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Bird84 wrote:What do you consider the last laugh? If he wins a chip but isn't the main driver behind it will that be the last laugh? I feel like that's the best case scenario.

If he's that soft I guess the Lakers can have him. Maybe he can join up with 2 players better than him and win one.

That could be the case.

Tatum for D-Lo, Austin Reaves, and Cam Reddish will be on the table.

Or the Cs lose him for nothing.
pac213up
General Manager
And1: 3,971

Post#311 » by pac213up » Fri May 10, 2024 3:02 pm

It is really simple. Our #1 Top 10 player has to be better scoring the ball if they are going to win the title. I expect that will happen. Not going to win every game in the postseason.
Bird84
Bench Warmer

Post#312 » by Bird84 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:03 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Bird84 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:He wins a chip with the Lakers.

That could be the case.

Tatum for D-Lo, Austin Reaves, and Cam Reddish will be on the table.

Or the Cs lose him for nothing.

I still wouldn't see the Fakers beating everyone in the west. Could be interesting going forward though. Good stuff Fierce and I enjoy your civility. 8-)
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,332

Post#313 » by Ben-N1ce » Fri May 10, 2024 3:03 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Ben-N1ce wrote:

Exactly!

JT has been cooking up mostly value meals so far in the playoffs when he's tried to score...he should be head chef. He's a line cook..
Bird84
Bench Warmer

Post#314 » by Bird84 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:04 pm

pac213up wrote:It is really simple. Our #1 Top 10 player has to be better scoring the ball if they are going to win the title. I expect that will happen. Not going to win every game in the postseason.

As I've said we're frontrunners. Only have to be for 4 games per series though.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#315 » by Fierce1 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:05 pm

pac213up wrote:It is really simple. Our #1 Top 10 player has to be better scoring the ball if they are going to win the title. I expect that will happen. Not going to win every game in the postseason.

You are 100% correct.

The problem is the new standard for a 64-win team is to win every postseason game.

Even Tatum himself said they are expected to NEVER lose a game.
Bird84
Bench Warmer

Post#316 » by Bird84 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:06 pm

Fierce1 wrote:

You are 100% correct.

The problem is the new standard for a 64-win team is to win every postseason game.

I just expect to see more intensity. This group hasn't won anything yet. Losses are bound to happen.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#317 » by Fierce1 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:07 pm

Ben-N1ce wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:
Exactly!

JT has been cooking up mostly value meals so far in the playoffs when he's tried to score...he should be head chef. He's a line cook..

Maybe he's just too busy teaching people how to tie your shoes.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#318 » by Fierce1 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:09 pm

Bird84 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:

You are 100% correct.

I just expect to see more intensity. This group hasn't won anything yet. Losses are bound to happen.

Intensity?

That's who Jayson Tatum is.

He's not gonna change.

Killing me softly, that's his favorite song.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,788

Post#319 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Fri May 10, 2024 3:10 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Even the great teams of the past sometimes lay an egg in the playoffs.

Losing another clutch game will only reinforce the narrative that the Cs are bad in the clutch.

As opposed to continuing to reinforce the narrative that this team has been awful in the playoff over the last several years at home? I get laying an egg, but when a team loses just 4 games at home all year and now has already lost 2 it is an issue.

Still unbeaten on the road in the playoffs.

This team lays an egg from time to time.

We've seen it in the regular season.

Yeah unbeaten against a freaking 8th seed that was barely above 500 at home. At some point continually handing over, or back, HCA to the opposing team is going to cost this team a series. We saw it in 2022 against the warriors and last year against the heat.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Bird84
Bench Warmer

Post#320 » by Bird84 » Fri May 10, 2024 3:11 pm

Fierce1 wrote:
Bird84 wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:You are 100% correct.

Intensity?

That's who Jayson Tatum is.

He's not gonna change.

Killing me softly, that's his favorite song.

You referred to him saying Boston was expected to win every game. I was referring to the teams intensity. I expect THEM to have more of it than that what we saw last night.

Return to Boston Celtics