ImageImageImage

Celts Peck Their Fans' Eyes Out! AOS vs ATL 3/25

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

What was most Ass-of-Shameful?

Terrible shot selection
8%
Took foot off gas mid-game
21%
Unorganized offense
12%
Defense not good enough
6%
A particular Celtic was the ASS OF SHAME
5%
I don't know man it just sucked
11%
Other
3%
Coach
27%
Team
8%

Total votes: 66

Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,781

Re: Celtics Peck Our Eyes Out! AOS vs ATL 3/25 

Post#41 » by Shak_Celts » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:10 am

Aos? man nah.

double big was horrendous. spacing at times, horrendous. kp was being pushed around like a lil boy out there, few shots were taken because he was stumbling to set screens which screwed up actions. al, well it is what it is tonight, won't be every night. hauser not hitting anything every time he was wide open when we had chances to extend the lead really dampened the mood (thought all were going in). they dismantled pritchard on D for a long stretch which got them back into it... he recovered offensively after a while which helped. jb cant hit fts. stagnant ball movement at times. rebounding in crucial moments was poo and that was before that 3.

really pissed me off the shots that were taken when we took a big lead! terrible! jb started it and pritchard and sam tried to toss it up further out like they really were playing horse. boo those early momentum busting bricks!

there were a few other things I didn't like but the main thing was double big and how easily they pushed porzi around.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 19,309

Post#42 » by playa-hater » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:10 am

The Corey's wrote:This team doesn't have the coaching to win it all. I can hear it now, blah blah blah what is Joe gonna do about the Celtics not scoring!

It's a great job if you can get it. It's not his fault when they go on drought's, when they're shooting lights out no one is talking **** about his mature coaching.

For everything Brad has done right since he took over the job, he really **** up the coaching situation and doubled down on it even when it was clear he was in over his head.

Boston has enough Talent to overcome Joe.. But that doesn't mean they will.

I already posted in the other thread. Boston is facing the possibility of having one of the best regular seasons in years and possibly living up to the Choke when it matters most.

This slow it down crap and ISO offense is our potential Kryptonite and Joe may end up being too "spineless and Clueless" to prevent it.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,378

Re: Celts Peck Our Eyes Out! AOS vs ATL 3/25 

Post#43 » by Ben-N1ce » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:10 am

bisme37 wrote:Guys when your two starting point guards are out it probably makes sense for your offense to look less than ideal.

That was annoying and we sucked for sure but burn the tape and move on. I seriously wanted the win just to shut the ATL announcers up more than anything lol.

ATL was missing like 8 players :lol:
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 12,035

Post#44 » by Fierce1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:10 am

The Corey's wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
You can't overreact to a 30 point blown lead. I believe it's their second one this season.

What you can do is continue to make excuses for why this team isn't clutch.

This team isn't clutch right now.

Will they be clutch in the playoffs?

That remains to be seen.

The Celtics will be fine.

Wether Joe **** them or doesn't is what remains to be seen.

That's fair.
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,757

Post#45 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:11 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:Ass of Shame of a lifetime. Hopefully this loss will teach these guys a lesson. Even the Hawks' announcers were in disbelief about the Celtics' 1-on-1 offense at the end. Dumb as rocks.

I guess Derrick White can't have any more days off.

Derrick White has been there for many of these type of collapses before.

At this point there is no excuse anymore.
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#46 » by Fierce1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:12 am

Ben-N1ce wrote:
bisme37 wrote:Guys when your two starting point guards are out it probably makes sense for your offense to look less than ideal.

That was annoying and we sucked for sure but burn the tape and move on. I seriously wanted the win just to shut the ATL announcers up more than anything lol.

ATL was missing like 8 players :lol:

This isn't the first time a team missing 8 players beat a great team.

Sometimes guys step up when everybody is counting them out.

If the Hawks make it 2 in a row against the Cs in a couple of days then that's another story.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,489

Post#47 » by Captain_Caveman » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:12 am

That was also Zinger's worst game with us. Just brutal. Torched defensively and terrible decision-making. Not sure I trust this guy in the playoffs.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 27,011

Post#48 » by Green89 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:13 am

Fierce1 wrote:Clutch is something you learn through experience.

Just take the case of Lebron.

Even in 2011 Lebron and the Heat choked after leading the series 2-1 against the Mavs.

Let the Jays fail enough, in the clutch, and they'll eventually figure it out.

Really weak post here. Lebron was clutch well before he got to the Heat. He just had bad teams around him in Cleveland. Your post goes flying out the window, just bringing up one game: Game 5 of the 2007 ECF vs. Detroit. Lebron scored the final 25 points for Cleveland, all by himself, in a double overtime win. That's **** clutch.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#49 » by Fierce1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:13 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:Ass of Shame of a lifetime. Hopefully this loss will teach these guys a lesson. Even the Hawks' announcers were in disbelief about the Celtics' 1-on-1 offense at the end. Dumb as rocks.

But this is the first time that both Derrick and Jrue were out.
Setshot33
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,617

Post#50 » by Setshot33 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:13 am

Even in 2011 Lebron and the Heat choked after leading the series 2-1 against the Mavs.

What a load of horse hockey.

All I ever read on this board is about all this experience the Jays have in the postseason and how great that is. Yet after almost 7 years, they're still making the same mistakes they have since they got here.

How many years did we have to wait to find out Bird was clutch? Yeah, the bar is high around here and it looks like the Jays still need a ladder to see the bottom of that bar.
" But the best thing to do is just win"- Red Auerbach
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 11,205

Post#51 » by CelticsPride18 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:13 am

The Jays CTE ball down the stretch is incurable
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,370

Post#52 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:15 am

The Corey's wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Gate keeping my fandom doesn't even begin to analyze what I said.

Be better. Do better.

Just don't be here in June crying about how they blew it when you had hints of it all year you chose to ignore.

"Gatekeeping your fandom"? Are you for real? Lighten the **** up, it was a joke.

Telling me I can't enjoy the championship because I only show up when they blow huge leads isn't really a joke.

It's a flaw of the Celtics. Not my fandom.

You didn't see me in here gloating at their 30 point lead because there's nothing to gloat about. It's to be expected.

They deserved the criticism tonight just like they did against Cleveland.

I always forget I shouldn't have conversations with you. I don't have patience to engage, especially not after dumb losses (which is when you show up).

Be well.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,742

Post#53 » by GoCeltics123 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:15 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:That was also Zinger's worst game with us. Just brutal. Torched defensively and terrible decision-making. Not sure I trust this guy in the playoffs.

Only team in the East that can take advantage of him in the playoffs is the Bucks and maybe Philly if Embiid is healthy
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,370

Post#54 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:16 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:

That was another joke. I can't believe this board tonight. Maybe the sky is falling and I'm too dumb to notice?
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Post#55 » by The Corey's » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:17 am

playa-hater wrote:
The Corey's wrote:This team doesn't have the coaching to win it all. I can hear it now, blah blah blah what is Joe gonna do about the Celtics not scoring!

It's a great job if you can get it. It's not his fault when they go on drought's, when they're shooting lights out no one is talking **** about his mature coaching.

For everything Brad has done right since he took over the job, he really **** up the coaching situation and doubled down on it even when it was clear he was in over his head.

Boston has enough Talent to overcome Joe.. But that doesn't mean they will.

I already posted in the other thread. Boston is facing the possibility of having one of the best regular seasons in years and possibly living up to the Choke when it matters most.

This slow it down crap and ISO offense is our potential Kryptonite and Joe may end up being too "spineless and Clueless" to prevent it.

If Joe refuses to do his job under some false guise he is trusting the players to figure it out then they have no chance.

There will be dozens of times in the playoffs you need your coach to be him.

Jordan wasn't winning **** without a coach who knew how to get them going.

They're not just glorified babysitters as much as people might have you believe.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 19,309

Post#56 » by playa-hater » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:17 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:Don't kid yourselves, Joe Mazzulla is a **** tier coach and that makes us entirely beatable.

In the fly-by-night, 3 games in 4 days nature of the regular season, this often gets obscured. The only times coaching even matters is at the end of games and in the playoffs, and Joe has looked consistently hapless in either. Pretty much every time a team can make it a close game late, we struggle. And it is not a fluke. Ball movement, gone. Iso iso iso iso iso, with no set plays and our stars holding the ball before driving into traffic.

Tonight notwithstanding, we are too much offensively for bad teams, but that's not who you play deep in the playoffs. When we get to playing the top teams with the top coaches in the real games, Joe's inability to make any adjustments or even call plays will be a major weakness.

Maybe we can still overcome it, but this team not the favorite or the powerhouse that many seem to think.

This guy is GARBAGE.

That is all.

Excellent yet obvious post. Not sure why some of our fans struggle to see this.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Setshot33
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,617

Post#57 » by Setshot33 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:17 am

BTW...

I thought getting rid of Smart was going to fix the late game offense? Hmmm.....
" But the best thing to do is just win"- Red Auerbach
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#58 » by Fierce1 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:17 am

Green89 wrote:

Really weak post here. Lebron was clutch well before he got to the Heat. He just had bad teams around him in Cleveland. Your post goes flying out the window, just bringing up one game: Game 5 of the 2007 ECF vs. Detroit. Lebron scored the final 25 points for Cleveland, all by himself, in a double overtime win. That's **** clutch.

That's not accurate.

Celtic fans kept calling Lebron a choker after he lost to the Mavs in the 2011 finals.

It's not about facts, it's about perception.

A lot of NBA fans called Lebron a choker at that time.

Lebron got swept in 2007 by the Spurs in the finals.

Lost to the Celtics in 2008.

Got beat by Orlando in 2009.

And got beaten by the Cs again in 2010.

That's why a lot of NBA fans saw Lebron as a choker.

I will not argue with your data because like I said, it was all about perception.

This season there are Celtic fans here who will also show you data that the Celtics are good in the clutch this season.

Just go to the game thread and you'll see a post saying the Celts are good in the clutch this season.

Again, it's about perception.
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,207

Post#59 » by MaxwellSmart » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:17 am

I would say 7-8 of our losses were games we just gave away.
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,378

Post#60 » by Ben-N1ce » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:18 am

Joe literally ran the same inept offense for an entire 4th. Id love to see the amount of passes in the 4th. Dude ain't it. Tatum top of key ISO aint it. Why is he never on the freaking block. They double easy kick outs for 3's. Instead he dribble a zillion times to generate bad offense. Such a predictable bad offense in close games.

Return to Boston Celtics