ImageImageImage

Ray joins the Heat/Ray Allen appreciation thread

Moderators: bisme37, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10

Jan_Sobieski
Banned User
And1: 12

Re: Ray Allen 

Post#781 » by Jan_Sobieski » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:49 pm

Parliament10 wrote:http://frrole.com/o/ray-allens-ad-to-celtics-fans-in-the--darrenrovell-boston

Dear Celtics Fans,

For the pat five years, my family and I took great pride in calling

Boston home. We have loved living in this city, being members

of the Celtics family and being part of your community. These

memories will be cherished forever.

From my heart, THANK YOU Boston for this incredible journey.

___________________Ray Allen #20

Ahhhh, yeah, whatever.

Damn , you sounds sour. At least show some respect.
bballcool34
General Manager
And1: 618

Re: Ray joins the Heat/Ray Allen appreciation thread 

Post#782 » by bballcool34 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:03 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:celtics made fair trades with teams looking to get rid of superstars for cap space, young players, and high picks.

Miami had 3 superstars collude to take less money to sign with one team with nothing their teams could really do about it.

Free agents have the right to do whatever the **** they want.

That iz what it means to be a free agent.
Damn
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,378

Post#783 » by Red2 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:23 pm

Can we please take this post down and move on with the Post Ray Allen era. I am done with this guy and don't need any reminders of him. There will be plenty of time to discuss Ray when we play the Heat. He's gotten all of the props/criticism he's going to get so let's move on.
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
RondoToKG
Head Coach
And1: 1,496

Post#784 » by RondoToKG » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:00 pm

mr_sunshine wrote:
humblebum wrote:LOL

Let's not forget that not too long ago three scared little piggies banded together in order to fight the big bad wolf in Boston.

I just don't get it. Did you completely forget the fact that the Celtics were absolutely atrocious before Ray and KG were traded here? Why is it good when Boston does it but bad when Miami does it? Does not compute. Nor does the logic that Ray went to Miami as an f u to Boston. That was CLEARLY the best situation for him to be in, so long as he did not care about the money (I think he has enough). Like yeah it definitely sucks that he left and joined a rival, but thinking it was all some big malicious plan just to screw over the Celtics as much as possible is delusional. Where else could he have landed outside of Boston that gave him a chance to win?

Miami conspired with each other before anything went down, basically openly agreeing to combine. Boston never did that. Ray had a place here, and even though we wanted to trade him, he should have understood that it wasn't his fault he was being traded, it was the entire team that caused Danny to force the issue. Instead, he took it personally, as if Danny really wanted to ship him out.... Obviously that played a huge factor in his decision not to return. The bad, far outweighs the good here I'm afraid. Not sure how any self respecting Boston fan can accept how he left. Going to a rival, for cheap, while making us lose our bird rights and ability to maintain extra cap space. The city has been good to him, the game has been good to him, the fans have been good to him, and he has history here. What he did was borderline diva.

He is a free agent, no is disputing that. Doesn't mean his decision was the right one. It doesnt help when numerous sources are claiming that his main reasons for leaving Boston were petty and ridiculous. Also, how is it not a slap in the face to not only decline Bostons extra money, but accept Miamis 3 million? It's not about money you say? Then what was it about? Why did he demand Boston pay him TWENTY SEVEN MILLION just to stay here? The dude wanted nothing to do with the Celtics or the city of Boston any more. You can defend him to a certain point, but halfway, you gotta admit it was a somewhat cold move on his part knowing the amount of respect he's gotten here from everyone including management. The trade thing being his reason for feeling down is ridiculous. That was a team failure that caused a trade to happen. Apparently, Ray forgot that he wasn't the only one on the chopping block.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,135

Post#785 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:03 pm

Red2 wrote:Can we please take this post down and move on with the Post Ray Allen era. I am done with this guy and don't need any reminders of him. There will be plenty of time to discuss Ray when we play the Heat. He's gotten all of the props/criticism he's going to get so let's move on.

I was just coming to post EXACTLY the same thing.

we got his replacement for less money who at this stage is better. Ray did what he did, it was crap, we all agree on that, nothing more we can do.

No need for me to throw up in my mouth every time i come to this board seeing the word heat sticked unless it's "heat team plane goes down in fireball".
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,475

Post#786 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:25 pm

Yes, please take it down. I'll start a new thread called

"Peek a boo,.we won't miss you"
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#787 » by 31to6 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:36 am

Turns out Ray did us a solid by taking his talents elsewhere. Hope he ruffles some feathers down in Miami.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
RajonRondo9dime
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#788 » by RajonRondo9dime » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:12 am

Hey Ray, TELL ME HOW MAH ASS TASTES
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#789 » by 31to6 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:06 pm

I hope we go on talking about a Boston 'Big 3' (KG, Rondo, Pierce) as if nothing happened.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#790 » by GuyClinch » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:51 am

The least Ray could have done was net us a 2nd round pick or like Joel Anthony or something..<g> We got nothing for him right? Forget the apology - I want a S and T. Isnt that more practical?
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#791 » by BrooklynBulls » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:22 pm

GuyClinch wrote:The least Ray could have done was net us a 2nd round pick or like Joel Anthony or something..<g> We got nothing for him right? Forget the apology - I want a S and T. Isnt that more practical?

Why would the heat give something up when he's already agreed for an amount they could already offer him without Boston's help?
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,840

Post#792 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:46 am

BrooklynBulls wrote:
GuyClinch wrote:The least Ray could have done was net us a 2nd round pick or like Joel Anthony or something..<g> We got nothing for him right? Forget the apology - I want a S and T. Isnt that more practical?

Why would the heat give something up when he's already agreed for an amount they could already offer him without Boston's help?

I think Guy was implying that Ray could have at least asked for a sign-and-trade to help the Celtics out just like how Grant Hill asked the Magic to do a sign and trade so that the Pistons could get something back for him. The Pistons got Ben Wallace, and Grant Hill got more money. Ray wasn't interested in helping us out though.
GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Post#793 » by GuyClinch » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:55 am

I think Guy was implying that Ray could have at least asked for a sign-and-trade to help the Celtics out just like how Grant Hill asked the Magic to do a sign and trade so that the Pistons could get something back for him. The Pistons got Ben Wallace, and Grant Hill got more money. Ray wasn't interested in helping us out though.

Exactly. That woudl really show he cared - not the newspaper ad which was clearly PR. He obviously holds ill will towards the Celtics team.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,084

Post#794 » by exculpatory » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:22 am

Screw him, Pete.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,404

Post#795 » by tlee324 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:10 am

This doesn't even matter anymore, Ray is gone and Ainge replaced his presence beautifully.

KG is our best player, and he came back. That's all that really matters, in this regard.

Peace out, Ray Ray, see you soon....
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,084

Ray joins the Heat/Ray Allen appreciation thread 

Post#796 » by exculpatory » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:43 am

Healthy KG gets us no where w/o healthy Paul & Rondo.
Rondo gets us no where w/o healthy Paul & healthy KG.
Healthy Paul gets us no where w/o healthy KG & Rondo.

Very different elite skill sets.. Blend beautifully.

BB & AB complete a great starting 5.

Jet, Courtney, Jeff, Sully & Wilcox great second 5.

18 here we come.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.

Return to Boston Celtics