ImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Re: Official Trade Thread 

Post#1521 » by ddb » Wed Feb 6, 2013 5:45 pm

^^^^ Not bad but so many questions marks on that roster.

Rondo- is he healthy coming off ACL injury? Has he learned how to adjust his game to better cater to the team?

Bradley- Has he taken a step forward in his development? Is he really the player we all love and think he is/can be?

Cousins- what happens if he starts bitching in Boston? Without KG this could be an issue. I could see him and Rondo butting heads. Plus, Doc is a tough coach. He's hard on young talent.

Sully- What about his back? he was a bad athlete prior to his surgery. What about in 6 months when he JUST STARTS his basketball related activities. His surgery is a big deal.

Bass/Salmons/Terry/Lee- that's a lot of money tied up in those guys.

Smith- Why come to Boston on a rebuilding team? Couldn't he just stay in Atlanta and be better off?
Banks2Pierce
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#1522 » by Banks2Pierce » Wed Feb 6, 2013 6:09 pm

Might be tough to convince KG on Houston, but he'd make them a contender. Under the cap significantly as well so salaries wouldn't have to match. Motiejunas, Greg Smith, and Cole Aldrich... Something along those lines.
rickrolled
Head Coach
And1: 2,652

Post#1523 » by rickrolled » Wed Feb 6, 2013 6:14 pm

ddb wrote:^^^^ Not bad but so many questions marks on that roster.

Rondo- is he healthy coming off ACL injury? Has he learned how to adjust his game to better cater to the team?

Bradley- Has he taken a step forward in his development? Is he really the player we all love and think he is/can be?

Cousins- what happens if he starts bitching in Boston? Without KG this could be an issue. I could see him and Rondo butting heads. Plus, Doc is a tough coach. He's hard on young talent.

Sully- What about his back? he was a bad athlete prior to his surgery. What about in 6 months when he JUST STARTS his basketball related activities. His surgery is a big deal.

Bass/Salmons/Terry/Lee- that's a lot of money tied up in those guys.

Smith- Why come to Boston on a rebuilding team? Couldn't he just stay in Atlanta and be better off?

Those questions are valid, we don't know RR and Sully will be after surgery. It's good Sully doesn't rely on athleticism, Rondo I think will be fine,especially if he's ready for training camp like Ainge said.

Bradley will have a contract year so i'm sure he'll be ok.

Cousins has raw talent. That's what we need badly, him,Sully will be great together. I have not heard him butting heads with any players in SAC before, maybe he has i'm unaware, hes only had problems with coaches...

I know "only coaches" doesn't sound so good. But Doc and Danny will show him the door if he creates problems,worst case you trade him,cause he has value in the league.

I believe Salmons would get traded as his last year is non guaranteed. So you only have Bass,Terry and Lee making 17 million next year. That's not really a problem.
Bass,Salmons almost guaranteed will be moved if they sign and trade for Smith,and both of them are tradable.

Terry and Lee would be good for our bench,they should stay.

Smith would round out the roster. I think our team will be better than what he got in Atlanta.
ddb
RealGM

Post#1524 » by ddb » Wed Feb 6, 2013 6:47 pm

Why does Atlanta want Salmons AND/OR Bass? They 100% do not and will not want those guys under any circumstance
rickrolled
Head Coach
And1: 2,652

Post#1525 » by rickrolled » Wed Feb 6, 2013 7:13 pm

ddb wrote:Why does Atlanta want Salmons AND/OR Bass? They 100% do not and will not want those guys under any circumstance

I have to say that i'm unaware of the accurate sign and trade rules for next season, i think only teams under the cap can sign and trade in 2013/14.

Boston would be around 55 million for 9 players,+draft pick,+2 empty roster spots.

If we trade KG and Pierce we're going to be under the cap, we only have minor cap holds for players signed years ago. They have to be renounced. We can't exceed the cap to sign free agents so if Green is moved we'd be at 46 million, he makes 9 and the cap might be 60 million.

Heres where I need help,can we sign and trade for Smith to more money than 9 million and stay under the cap? Then sign someone with the salary cap exception 2,6 million and league minimum Guys ?

Maybe we need to send out more than Green in this case ?
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,423

Post#1526 » by Captain_Caveman » Wed Feb 6, 2013 7:40 pm

rickrolled wrote:
ddb wrote:Why does Atlanta want Salmons AND/OR Bass? They 100% do not and will not want those guys under any circumstance

I have to say that i'm unaware of the accurate sign and trade rules for next season, i think only teams under the cap can sign and trade in 2013/14.

Boston would be around 55 million for 9 players,+draft pick,+2 empty roster spots.

If we trade KG and Pierce we're going to be under the cap, we only have minor cap holds for players signed years ago. They have to be renounced. We can't exceed the cap to sign free agents so if Green is moved we'd be at 46 million, he makes 9 and the cap might be 60 million.

Heres where I need help,can we sign and trade for Smith to more money than 9 million and stay under the cap? Then sign someone with the salary cap exception 2,6 million and league minimum Guys ?

This is correct. As presently constituted, we are not going to be able to work any meaningful sign-and-trades this summer. A lot of systems issues and limitations arise when you are above the tax/apron.

Jetting some salary at the deadline, or via cutting Pierce this offseason, would eliminate that for the most part.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Post#1527 » by 165bows » Wed Feb 6, 2013 7:46 pm

rickrolled wrote:

Not under the cap, but under the 'apron,' which was~$74M this year. It should go up next year, Sully mentioned the projection is to $76M. So the trade would primarily just need to match salaries, as they are under the apron for this year. Max deal for Smith would be $16.4M, I believe
Afam
RealGM
And1: 8,437

Post#1528 » by Afam » Wed Feb 6, 2013 8:08 pm

This is why the celtics giving Kg/any old player a No Trade Clause. He can Veto any trade. What if the Kings want to do a trade with us for Demarcus Cousins for Kg, Kg will veto It. SMH. I hate the No trade clause even when the bruins, red sox, pats do it.
ddb
RealGM

Post#1529 » by ddb » Wed Feb 6, 2013 8:53 pm

EEasyA wrote:This is why the celtics giving Kg/any old player a No Trade Clause. He can Veto any trade. What if the Kings want to do a trade with us for Demarcus Cousins for Kg, Kg will veto It. SMH. I hate the No trade clause even when the bruins, red sox, pats do it.

well I'm guessing what you're saying is a hypothetical and that you don't actually mean KG to the Kings, but to answer it anyway, why in God's name would the Kings ever want KG?? They're a bottom feeder in the NBA and going nowhere fast. The Kings wouldn't trade for KG and KG would never in a million years ever go there.

There's a couple reasons behind KG's no-trade clause

1. It's the ultimate sign of respect to a Once in a Generation caliber player who's transformed the culture in Boston
2. KG DOESN'T WANT TO BE TRADED. He saw what happened with Ray when the rumors popped up and knows that late in careers players like him are often dealt. A. he still has value and B. he can push a team over the top (OKC, Clippers)
So by giving him the No-Trade Ainge was confirming that he A. he was committed to building a Title Contender and B. if the plan failed KG would be able to pick where he'd be dealt if it ever got to that point

It's a mutual thing between KG and Danny.

I DO NOT WANT KG TRADED. But if he IS dealt we pretty much know where he's going (LAC) and an outside shot at OKC + Chicago.

That's it folks. If KG is traded I'll be shocked
sdballer
Senior
And1: 269

Post#1530 » by sdballer » Wed Feb 6, 2013 9:07 pm

PierceGarnett wrote:i think if you trade Green and bass + a pick or Melo for Josh smith, that Makes the Starting Lineup alot better, we'll lose a good defensive small forward behind paul pierce though and someone who can score. Wed have to aquire another Small forward...maybe theyll give us Morrow who can shoot the 3

Lee
Bradley
Pierce
Smith
KG

That lineup is So good Defensively

Pretty sure the hawks would rather see smith walk than take that deal
PierceGarnett
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#1531 » by PierceGarnett » Wed Feb 6, 2013 9:08 pm

trade KG to sac?

wow, some of you guys are cold

im gm of the celtics id never trade kg to a team like that

why would that team want kg anyways.

i like the no trade clause, KG deserves that. so does Pierce
OOO
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#1532 » by OOO » Wed Feb 6, 2013 9:28 pm

PierceGarnett wrote:trade KG to sac?

wow, some of you guys are cold

im gm of the celtics id never trade kg to a team like that

why would that team want kg anyways.

i like the no trade clause, KG deserves that. so does Pierce

It's a business. You're in it to win. If the Kings make an generous offer, you take it.
PierceGarnett
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#1533 » by PierceGarnett » Wed Feb 6, 2013 9:46 pm

kings cant make a generous offer...
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#1534 » by sully00 » Wed Feb 6, 2013 10:08 pm

Some housekeeping RealGM does not like theads over a 100 pages so take this conversation to the brand new thread above it.

Return to Boston Celtics