ImageImageImage

Important: New Celtics Forum Guidelines Now In Effect

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Celtics Forum Rules 

Post#1 » by sully00 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:34 pm

I think it is a time review some of the rules of RealGM and guidelines of this board.

1. First of all it is against the Terms of Use of this sight that you agreed to when you signed up to call other posters names, insult or attack them if you are confused about this then review the Terms of Use.

viewtopic.php?f=191&t=812773

More importantly nobody else wants to read about your little spat so take it somewhere else. If you can't stand to read ideas contrary to your own then you do not need to read and post here. This especially applies to these spats going on over players. It doesn't matter if its Rondo, Pierce, Green, or whoever throwing a fit because another poster criticized your favorite player is not going to be tolerated. So if someone says something critical about your favorite player LET IT GO. Give your defense of the player but leave the poster out of it. On the other hand if you are in a thread, say about a player, and your contributions to the thread amounts to saying the same thing in five different post to the effect of "player X sux LOL, celtics fans are delusional" and make no attempt to defend you position, you will be getting a baiting/trolling warning.

2. Unfortunately the team is struggling, this usually brings two things 1. a lot more to talk about overall and 2. a lot of negativity. If you are a new poster or a poster who is brought out to discuss the team's struggles and what direction the team should take try and respect that there other people who post here all the time when times are good and bad and may not be quite as ready to throw in the towel as you. Ridiculing people for not being ready to give up on the team is not going to be tolerated and neither is calling people out for being negative.

From now on there will be one Ass of Shame thread after the game. Any other threads reacting to a game loss will result in it being locked and you WILL BE getting a warning. If you want to start a separate VERY WELL THOUGHT out negative/positive thread that takes a bigger picture view then that is okay, but these 1 to 3 line threads titled "we're through, Celtics suck, fire doc, fire Danny, trade player X after losses are no longer going to be tolerated, and there are already threads for these topics. This is not an attempt to censor the board, but improve the rapidly deteriorating quality we have been seeing recently. AGAIN, negative posts are fine but put some time into them, make sure there isn't another thread already addressing the topic, and don't call out other posters or the Celtics fan base.

3. Trade threads are a part of the site and with the Trade Deadline looming there is going to more and more to talk about on this. But we cannot have a new thread for every trade idea that crosses your mind. The general rule for starting a new thread for a specific trade idea is that is linked to some rumor, your personal trade ideas belong in the Trade Thread

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1220375

If the rumor mill produces something that deserves its own thread go for it as long as no one else already has posted one related to that topic.

4. If you have a problem with another poster, a post, or a topic please use the REPORT BUTTON or PM A MODERATOR. The moderators try to read every post in every thread but even if we do we may miss something. Taking it into your own hands only confuses the situation and makes it harder on the mods to address the actual problem. Posting in a thread that a topic is terrible only makes it rise up to the top of the page. This also means don't start a thread calling out the moderators, or a why did my thread got locked. If your thread is locked and you are wondering why PM A MODERATOR. In many cases a conscientous edit of thread thread could lead to it getting unlocked.

Thanks for reading this and LETS GO CELTICS (really now would be a good time)!
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,654

Important: New Celtics Forum Guidelines Now In Effect 

Post#2 » by Howard Mass » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:49 am

Celtics Forum Users,

Over the past few months, The Boston Celtics have been through some bumps in the road and controversial topics that have derailed discussion on the forum.

To get discussion back on track, I am introducing a few remedies.

The following violations will result in an automatic warning followed by a 12 hour or three-day suspension (This will not count on Ban Scale) depending on severity.

- Persistent Player Bashing (Consistently bashing one player for what seems to be a personal agenda against a particular player. If a player has a bad game, say it but do not persistently bash the player as that derails the discussion on the forum)

- Derailing a thread to endlessly defend your favorite player. (Like above, users get the point and feel free to constructively support your favorite players but do not persistently beat the drum)

- Personal Attacks

- Insulting Users based on side they take on a player

These new guidelines go into effect immediately.

If anyone has questions or concerns, please post them in this thread.

Myself and The Celtics Moderators believe these guidelines and measures will help improve discussion on the forum.

Thanks for continuing to make this Celtics Forum the best on the web.

Howard Mass
Forums Administrator
RealGM.com
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,446

Re: Important: New Celtics Forum Guidelines Now In Effect 

Post#3 » by SichtingLives » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:13 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,287

Post#4 » by Marvel » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:08 pm

Awesome. Let's keep RealGM the best fan sports site on the net fellas.
rmal8852
Pro Prospect
And1: 929

Post#5 » by rmal8852 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:12 pm

I'm pretty new to the site but a long time lurker, so a little unfamiliar with some posting policies, so bear with me .

Does the ban on persistent player bashing include opponents like Judas Shuttlesworth, LeBroid, the cHeat, the Fakers, etc.or just our guys?

Thanks.
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,969

Post#6 » by darrendaye » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Well, to be honest, if you are posting mocking names of opposing players enough to qualify it as "persistent" one would probably question your motives on the Celtic board. It's reasonable, imo, to expect some posts containing animosity toward the opponent. Now, if it's done excessively in an OT (Off-Topic) thread about an opposing team/player and there is respectful discussion going on involving posters of said team and your posts are an obvious attempt to derail the discussion and bait, than it would qualify as warning worthy activity, from my perspective.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
mwhis21
Analyst
And1: 1,065

Post#7 » by mwhis21 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:17 pm

What about the opposite? This threads seems to only talk about the "bashing" of players...what about the constant ball washing of people's favorite players? IMO that's more annoying than the bashing and often the reason why threads get derailed.
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,969

Post#8 » by darrendaye » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:28 pm

mwhis21 wrote:What about the opposite? This threads seems to only talk about the "bashing" of players...what about the constant ball washing of people's favorite players? IMO that's more annoying than the bashing and often the reason why threads get derailed.

2nd bullet point addresses this issue.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
irie
RealGM
And1: 4,502

Post#9 » by irie » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:50 am

Good stuff
♣|☸
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,423

Post#10 » by Captain_Caveman » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:54 am

Funny thing is, I don't think I've ever met a Celtics fan that didn't like and appreciate Paul Pierce. Don't suggest trading his ass, though... that's for sure, lol.
15th overall
RealGM
And1: 5,853

Post#11 » by 15th overall » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:24 pm

This doesn't affect me directly so I cant say I care too much about this but IMO this is unnecessary. Celtics fans should be able to speak honestly about Celtics players on the Celtics board. Its pretty obvious when someone takes it too far and addressing it on a case-by-case basis should be enough. This board is pretty good at regulating itself internally in my experience here and the mods have a good feel for things 95% of the time.

Just my two cents as I dont want this to turn into some kind of witch hunt that changes the whole vibe thats been established here.
"[Brad Stevens] was just cool. He's always, always super cool." -- Stanley Johnson
wigglestrue
RealGM
And1: 170

Post#12 » by wigglestrue » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:19 am

This strikes me as unnecessary.
At the same time, possibly beneficial.
0:01.8 A. Walker makes 3-pt shot from 28 ft (assist by E. Williams) +3 109-108
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_9qvmXiEuU
grantlongforpresident
Assistant Coach
And1: 124

Post#13 » by grantlongforpresident » Tue Apr 2, 2013 8:00 pm

agree it is unnecessary. what is this kindergarten?
PersianCeltic
Rookie
And1: 51
Location: Read REALGM for many years before I started posting

Post#14 » by PersianCeltic » Thu Apr 4, 2013 10:42 pm

grantlongforpresident wrote:agree it is unnecessary. what is this kindergarten?

Where did the complaint originate from about the Celtics forum in particular? Did anyone have major problem with the forum as it was? Couldn't this be applied to any forum for any team?
InsidersExec
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#15 » by InsidersExec » Fri Apr 5, 2013 8:43 am

I mean, because people , nba big wigs alike are watching..you know?
"It is so simple, full court Rajon Rondo watch how i control tempo...guess, guess, guess who is in the stadium"- @TREALCITY "Celtic Pride" by Treal City http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L720eDAU ... ture=share
Godmoney
Analyst
And1: 464

Post#16 » by Godmoney » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:10 pm

I noticed the Knicks got one of these too. As a guy who had realgm poster stojkovrankovic attempt to fight me in real life and who is currently on ignore by wigglestrue because I don't like Bob Marley, my opinion is that this forum is at its worst when the mods (not to mention any names, but your hint is Star Wars) delete every thread that they disagree with. Since that stopped this forum has been fine, we do not need to turn this place into celticsblog.

While you're here site admin, how come every time I report someone and put the checkbox next to "notify me", I have never once received a message that my report has been dealt with? :rofl:
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:No need to pay attention to ignormous maximus.

HUMBLEBUM: Make a new account and PM me.
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
And1: 9,600

Post#17 » by StojkoVrankovic » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:14 am

Godmoney wrote:I noticed the Knicks got one of these too. As a guy who had realgm poster stojkovrankovic attempt to fight me in real life and who is currently on ignore by wigglestrue because I don't like Bob Marley, my opinion is that this forum is at its worst when the mods (not to mention any names, but your hint is Star Wars) delete every thread that they disagree with. Since that stopped this forum has been fine, we do not need to turn this place into celticsblog.

While you're here site admin, how come every time I report someone and put the checkbox next to "notify me", I have never once received a message that my report has been dealt with? :rofl:

delusional much?
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14
PersianCeltic
Rookie
And1: 51
Location: Read REALGM for many years before I started posting

Post#18 » by PersianCeltic » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:39 am

Interesting how this post had absolutely no impact on our forum. How are things any different than after this post? If anyone noticed otherwise I'd be interested to hear about it. Incessantly trying to control free thought and speech really can detract from a forum.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,696

Post#19 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:03 am

PersianCeltic wrote:Interesting how this post had absolutely no impact on our forum. How are things any different than after this post? If anyone noticed otherwise I'd be interested to hear about it. Incessantly trying to control free thought and speech really can detract from a forum.

Actually it made a huge difference. For one there are no more Paul Pierce debates in the post game threads any longer. I cannot be the only person who noticed this.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 521

Post#20 » by Geoffrey P » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:17 am

Bingo.
Coincidentally those who oppose it are those who have no problems whatsoever on this board.

Return to Boston Celtics