ImageImageImage

Dante Exum video clips reveal ...

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

accelerator
Senior
And1: 45

Dante Exum video clips reveal ... 

Post#1 » by accelerator » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:49 am

As I watch his you tube clips, I honestly don't see all that much. His skill is good, but nowhere near the top 3 guys in draft. Has anyone noticed anything I have not?
Go Celts!
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,985

Re: Dante Exum video clips reveal ... 

Post#2 » by jfs1000d » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:58 am

I got to see him against the chair.
Wes-J
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,769

Post#3 » by Wes-J » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:24 am

Exum stood out in the nike hoop summit world vs usa game. If I'm not mistaken several potential top 10 draft selections took part in this game - Wiggins, Parker, Gordon, Randle.

Looked like the real deal to me. Tons of international experience.
No35
Sixth Man
And1: 613

Post#4 » by No35 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:35 am

Fakkit is pullin a Kobe, saying he wants to be on the Lakers or else.
zronv7
Starter
And1: 1,191

Post#5 » by zronv7 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:38 am

He could possibly be 6'9" in 2 years
pfm
Sixth Man
And1: 1,652

Post#6 » by pfm » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:55 am

There is a draft thread. Use it.
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,070

Post#7 » by Ed Pinkney » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:10 am

No35 wrote:Fakkit is pullin a Kobe, saying he wants to be on the Lakers or else.

Classy. And pretty sure this is incorrect on both counts.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#8 » by cloverleaf » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:06 am

Ed Pinkney wrote:
No35 wrote:Fakkit is pullin a Kobe, saying he wants to be on the Lakers or else.

Yeah, I believe he has said he's been to LA a number of times and he'd like to play on the Lakers. No "or else" that I've read of.
AgentGreen
Head Coach
And1: 3,469

Post#9 » by AgentGreen » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:04 pm

cloverleaf wrote:
Ed Pinkney wrote:

Yeah, I believe he has said he's been to LA a number of times and he'd like to play on the Lakers. No "or else" that I've read of.

Yeah he said that he would like to play for the Lakers, and that Kobe is his favorite player and he sees himself as a Kobe type player.

It shouldnt say anything, Paul Pierce was a big Lakers fan and look at him now. He loves Boston.
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Post#10 » by bigboi » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:27 pm

AgentGreen wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:
Ed Pinkney wrote:

Yeah he said that he would like to play for the Lakers, and that Kobe is his favorite player and he sees himself as a Kobe type player.

It shouldnt say anything, Paul Pierce was a big Lakers fan and look at him now. He loves Boston.

False, he told his agent he wants to hold out for the Lakers because that's the only team he fits. I don't want a player like that and he isn't that good regardless, next Darko. Believe it. People are just infatuated with his mystery
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Post#11 » by bucknersrevenge » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:42 pm

bigboi wrote:
AgentGreen wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

False, he told his agent he wants to hold out for the Lakers because that's the only team he fits. I don't want a player like that and he isn't that good regardless, next Darko. Believe it. People are just infatuated with his mystery

Actually, Exum mentioned Orlando too. Not just LA. He forged a relationship with Victor Oladipo last year when they were both recruited by Indiana. Victor obviously ended up going there but he absolutely would love to play with Victor and it makes sense with Nelson expiring and likely no longer in the picture. As big guards both capable of playing with and without the ball in their hands they could be a dynamic backcourt and I expect Orlando to seriously consider Exum at draft time.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#12 » by sully00 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:22 pm

bigboi wrote:
AgentGreen wrote:
cloverleaf wrote:

It would help if you would actually find a quote of that somewhere how can say what some else is saying is false based on your own rumor?
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#13 » by ddb » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:25 pm

all I know is that some bball operation insiders believe that Exum has the potential to be the best player from this draft class and a perennial all-star.

Adidas is also sold as they already have an endorsement deal in place with him.

I haven't seen enough, but in the limited footage and live action that I've seen he looks the part of a bigtime prospect
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Post#14 » by bigboi » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:35 pm

sully00 wrote:
bigboi wrote:
AgentGreen wrote:

It would help if you would actually find a quote of that somewhere how can say what some else is saying is false based on your own rumor?

Check the Orlando board, they had it
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by sully00 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:43 pm

I haven't followed his story super closely why did he not go to the NCAA this year?

This is probably the best part of having Stevens as a coach is that he will have a great take on how these guys looked a year or two ago compared to now.

To me you draft this guy Rondo is gone, if he is that good so be it but I hate the idea of playing some game where you take this guy and try and sell him as a SG.
accelerator
Senior
And1: 45

Post#16 » by accelerator » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:50 pm

Adidas signed him so that matters? Maybe it does? Where is the footage that makes people feel he's going to be that good?
Go Celts!
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by sully00 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:59 pm

bigboi wrote:
sully00 wrote:
bigboi wrote:

Check the Orlando board, they had it

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1315809

Not in this thread. Dude is a Laker fan and has the same agent as Kobe. Yes he would rather play for the Lakers or the Magic than go to the Bucks who have Brandon Knight, the Celts who have Rondo, the Sixers who just drafted MCW, and Utah who nobody ever wants to play for and just drafted Trey Burke.

There is nothing about him being willing to hold out or more importantly that the Lakers are willing to use their pick on him. Are the Lakers really going to spend the next two years developing assets? There has to be about an 80% chance the Lakers are trading that pick.

The real conspiracy theory should be are Boston and LA conspiring to try and get Exum to fall to the Lakers so that they can swap Rondo for him and Boston can get another young uber prospect with their pick.
s1ickd
Veteran
And1: 247

Post#18 » by s1ickd » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:34 pm

The NBA should kick players that make demands like that out of the draft.

There is no 20 year old in the world that should have the ability to undermine the league and insult its teams.
teerfour+40LG
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,129

Post#19 » by teerfour+40LG » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:50 pm

Clips aren't reliable. Watch full games. There's at least two on YouTube, the 2013 Hoop Summit and an international game against Spain.
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by sully00 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:15 pm

s1ickd wrote:The NBA should kick players that make demands like that out of the draft.

There is no 20 year old in the world that should have the ability to undermine the league and insult its teams.

Try explaining the draft to someone who doesn't follow sports. It is probably the most unamerican concept in our country yet fully embraced by all of us red blooded freedom loving, free market defending American sports fans.

You do realize that in a couple of years the NBA would enter Exum's name in the draft whether he wanted it to be or not? The NBA uses the draft to control the rights of players I am sure a player would love to be kicked out of the draft and allowed to sign with whichever team he wants.

The guy is from Australia he can tell the NBA to kiss his ass whenever he wants and play in any league in the world. Why shouldn't he use that leverage to control his own destiny, I am honestly surprised more guys don't do it.

Players owe the NBA nothing.

Return to Boston Celtics