ImageImageImage

OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 1

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Pacino62
Analyst
And1: 2,436

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 1 

Post#901 » by Pacino62 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:20 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:
Pacino62 wrote:
London2Boston wrote:La La Land killing the awards. I may have to actually check this **** out.

It was excellent. Although, not on the same level of "Fences" (my favorite movie of the year), "Manchester By The Sea", "Moonlight", "Arrival" or even "Hacksaw Ridge" IMO. I haven't seen "Nocturnal Animals", "Patriot's Day", "Lion", "Silence" or "Loving" though. Therefore, I can't speak to those.

"Hell or Highwater" was up there as well. Although, I don't know if it will make my top 10, once I've seen those other 5.

Overall, great year for film. If you're into these types of films.

Where you been brother? Haven't seen you in a minute. I have to see Monlight. Came and went way too fast in my area.

Haha. Went through a messy divorce. It was a lot on my daughter and I. Took a break from everything.

Haven't posted, but I've been keeping up with the board daily. :)

Yeah. It's still playing at a few art house theaters in Providence. My guess is that once they announce some Oscar nominees, they'll rerelease it for an awards run.
“All due respect and I’m generally curious but who tf is cousin steez” ~ MagicBagley18

"i see celtics fans here are nothing but a s s holes so good bye not going to waste my time with you lowlifes." ~ HornetsFan29
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Post#902 » by bucknersrevenge » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:49 pm

Pacino62 wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
Pacino62 wrote:
It was excellent. Although, not on the same level of "Fences" (my favorite movie of the year), "Manchester By The Sea", "Moonlight", "Arrival" or even "Hacksaw Ridge" IMO. I haven't seen "Nocturnal Animals", "Patriot's Day", "Lion", "Silence" or "Loving" though. Therefore, I can't speak to those.

"Hell or Highwater" was up there as well. Although, I don't know if it will make my top 10, once I've seen those other 5.

Overall, great year for film. If you're into these types of films.

Where you been brother? Haven't seen you in a minute. I have to see Monlight. Came and went way too fast in my area.

Haha. Went through a messy divorce. It was a lot on my daughter and I. Took a break from everything.

Yeah. It's still playing at a few art house theaters in Providence. My guess is that once they announce some Oscar nominees, they'll rerelease it for an awards run.

Well I hope the dust has settled and you're doing alright. I'd really like to get you and Writebloc together and get to game this season if you're up for it. Maybe something in March.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
Pacino62
Analyst

Post#903 » by Pacino62 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:02 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:
Pacino62 wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

Well I hope the dust has settled and you're doing alright. I'd really like to get you and Writebloc together and get to game this season if you're up for it. Maybe something in March.

That'd be awesome man. I've got some hookups up here. Let me take a look at a few things. I'll PM you in the next couple of weeks.
“All due respect and I’m generally curious but who tf is cousin steez” ~ MagicBagley18

"i see celtics fans here are nothing but a s s holes so good bye not going to waste my time with you lowlifes." ~ HornetsFan29
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#904 » by Roddy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Hi guys, I need your help.

I will make a trip from France to Las Vegas this year. For about one week and a half.

What can you tell me about Vegas ? I guess it's not all about hookers and slot machine right ??? :D

Thanks !
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,665

Post#905 » by Green89 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:32 pm

Roddy wrote:it's not all about hookers and slot machine right ???

No, you just forgot about the booze and food.
Pacino62
Analyst

Post#906 » by Pacino62 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:40 pm

Saw "Patriot's Day" today. Hell yeah!!! Haven't left a movie that inspired in a long time. Got to check it out.

Pacino62
Analyst

Post#907 » by Pacino62 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:41 pm

Also"Goliath" and "Sneaky Pete" on Amazon Prime are incredible.

bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Post#908 » by bucknersrevenge » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:51 pm

Pacino62 wrote:Also"Goliath" and "Sneaky Pete" on Amazon Prime are incredible.

Got Sneaky Pete on my Watchlist. Been waiting on a review of it.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#909 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:04 pm

Roddy wrote:Hi guys, I need your help.

I will make a trip from France to Las Vegas this year. For about one week and a half.

What can you tell me about Vegas ? I guess it's not all about hookers and slot machine right ??? :D

Thanks !

Hit up the strip clubs, bring a lot of $1 bills. You'll be alright. $100 will get you into the back for a private show for 3 songs, where you can get away with quite a bit (2nd base for me, but some of my friends were finger-popping. Ewww). Be careful and don't fall in love. I had buddies who spent over 2 stacks just on dances. The funniest is when they ask you for your number, saying they'll call you after their shift is done, because they think you're a "cool guy". You're just a sleazy customer, just like everyone else is. Don't forget that!
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Post#910 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:24 am

░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
peachbucket
Sixth Man
And1: 659

Post#911 » by peachbucket » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:42 am

Just binged on 3 seasons of Peaky Blinders on Netflix. About a mob family in Birmingham England in 1918 with Cillian Murphy playing the boss. Amazing script, acting, cinematography. Each season equally good.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#912 » by Andrew McCeltic » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:42 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
Roddy wrote:Hi guys, I need your help.

Thanks !

Hit up the strip clubs, bring a lot of $1 bills. You'll be alright. $100 will get you into the back for a private show for 3 songs, where you can get away with quite a bit (2nd base for me, but some of my friends were finger-popping. Ewww). Be careful and don't fall in love. I had buddies who spent over 2 stacks just on dances. The funniest is when they ask you for your number, saying they'll call you after their shift is done, because they think you're a "cool guy". You're just a sleazy customer, just like everyone else is. Don't forget that!

Art, music, literature, media... and more.
Valid
RealGM
And1: 12,656

Post#913 » by Valid » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:39 pm

CrowderKeg wrote:

Just checked out his beats. The dude definitely has talent.

I freaking love this kid, man.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#914 » by Dannyboy36 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:56 pm

I watched a movie on Netflix called " Felony" with Joel Edgerton. It's a bit of a gut wrenching drama, but very good. My wife and I loved Edgerton in " Warrior" so were often on the lookout for stuff he's done.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man

Post#915 » by Dannyboy36 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:57 pm

peachbucket wrote:Just binged on 3 seasons of Peaky Blinders on Netflix. About a mob family in Birmingham England in 1918 with Cillian Murphy playing the boss. Amazing script, acting, cinematography. Each season equally good.

I started that series and have been meaning to get back to it. Cillian Murphy can sure pull off a creepy look being such a slight guy. I think he's super talented.
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#916 » by truth18 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Valid wrote:
CrowderKeg wrote:

Just checked out his beats. The dude definitely has talent.

I freaking love this kid, man.

A Mininova? Jaylen is a Novation dude like me? Kid is smart. Just became even more of a fan lol.
YOU LOSE
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man

Post#917 » by Dannyboy36 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:04 pm

I'm a tv/ movie addict. I've been binge watching the heck out of some Netflix shows.
I really liked " The Last Kingdom" ( vikings vs. English), and Marco Polo was entertaining. It's a little ridiculous , in that they added a very Kung-Fu theatre aspect to the show, and I'm sure there are other falsehoods,but It did hook me enough, and I thought the insight into Kublai Khan and how he ruled was cool.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#918 » by jmr07019 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:55 pm

LOVE this lineup. only $100 for 2 days too.

Show Love Spread Love
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man

Post#919 » by Dannyboy36 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:34 pm

jmr07019 wrote:weed today is much stronger than it was 20-30 years ago. they say it can make you trip and the first bunch of times i smoked weed i was def trippin. i would close my eyes and get really intense visuals on par with visuals i see taking acid. worth mentioning that the first times i smoked was with a bunch of experienced stoners and we were smoking a massive steam roller. it wasn't like we smoked a .3 joint over 5 heads. they say weed isn't addictive or habbit forming but it absolutely is and I think the increased potency has everything to do with that. anyways education is the most important part of consumption and it's unfortunate they don't teach kids anything about responsible consumption. instead dare and the school system just spread a bunch of misinformation that makes kids question everything they are told.

Sorry about your experiences but weed is not addictive dude. It's just not.
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man

Post#920 » by Dannyboy36 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:38 pm

It's not a good habit( although I've seen it change lives for the better in dealing with PTSD, anxiety, pain, where over the counter medications prescribed by doctors have failed and are potentially more damaging long term.
Saying pot is ADDICTIVE is spreading misinformation.

Return to Boston Celtics