ImageImageImage

Official BKN-DAL-MIN pick watch Thread 2015-16 season

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Re: Official BKN-DAL-MIN pick watch Thread 2015-16 season 

Post#121 » by ddb » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:38 pm

jmr07019 wrote:
soxfan2003 wrote:
ddb wrote:I'm calling it right now. BK pick with be #5, Mavs pick #14, Minny pick stays with Minny as they will fall in the lottery again this year. So depending on how good the Celtics will be our draft positioning will look something like this in the 1st round

#5, #14, #19.....

Injuries will obviously play a huge factor but if I had to guess right now, it would be Brooklyn pick #9, Dallas pick #12 and Celtics pick around 17th. Dallas I suspect will be hurt by the loss of Chandler more than they are helped by the addition of Williams... throw in Dirk getting a year older and its not a good situation for them. And MN I suspect to be a lottery team as well so that pick will turn into 2nd round picks. I still see the Wolves with pretty big incentive to lose so I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow work there way to another bottom 5 finish and trade off a player or two if they are performing a little above expectations.

In the past you've criticized rebuilding teams for stopping tanking too soon. Obviously there are a lot of variables at play but how many more seasons would you tank if you were Minni?

I don't think Minny will be tanking. They're on the rise...only problem with Minny is that they play in the West and there's just no way that a 2nd year young stud (Wiggins) and a rookie # 1 pick (Towns) can lead them to the playoffs this year in a conference that features such giants.
Minny has it made...They fall into that category of "exciting" but simply not experienced enough to win many games.
KGboss
RealGM
And1: 10,097

Post#122 » by KGboss » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:06 pm

Minny needs to trade Rubio and try to get a decent scoring type PG who can continue to distribute at an OK rate. That would bump that team up exceptionally.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#123 » by SmartWentCrazy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:19 pm

I've got a feeling that this years Brooklyn pick will leap up in the lottery. They're gunna be the new example of why you can't dump unprotected picks.
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#124 » by andyhop » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:53 pm

KGboss wrote:Minny needs to trade Rubio and try to get a decent scoring type PG who can continue to distribute at an OK rate. That would bump that team up exceptionally.

lol
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
KGboss
RealGM

Post#125 » by KGboss » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:56 pm

andyhop wrote:
KGboss wrote:Minny needs to trade Rubio and try to get a decent scoring type PG who can continue to distribute at an OK rate. That would bump that team up exceptionally.

lol

lurking an thats all you have to say. Why say anything at all?
andyhop
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#126 » by andyhop » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:57 pm

KGboss wrote:
andyhop wrote:

lol

It was all a comment that delusional required
"Football is not a matter of life and death...it's much more important than that."- Bill Shankley
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#127 » by truth18 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:57 pm

KGboss wrote:
andyhop wrote:

lol

He's a Liverpool fan. He takes what he can get.

Spoiler:
Join us on the soccer forum! ;)
YOU LOSE
KGboss
RealGM

Post#128 » by KGboss » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:01 pm

Rubios not that good. Whats delusional about that?
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Post#129 » by 165bows » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:38 am

Richard Jefferson backs out of deal with Dallas and heads to Cleveland.
http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/13296438/richard-jefferson-backs-dallas-mavericks-deal-eye-cleveland-cavaliers

Dallas has 12 guys under contract including four PGs. Ironic they are one of a small number of teams without full rosters that would work well making a 2 or 3 for 1 deal, but doesn't really help to make a deal that helps them out.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,669

Post#130 » by Green89 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:48 am

Not sure RJ would have contributed to many wins in Dallas anyway.
rickrolled
Head Coach
And1: 2,652

Post#131 » by rickrolled » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:34 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/625004582012350464[/tweet]

Updated Dallas roster:

Wesley Matthews
Chandler Parsons
Dirk Nowitzki
Zaza Pachulia
Devin Harris
Raymond Felton
J.J. Barea
Justin Anderson
Jeremy Evans
Charlie Villanueva
Dwight Powell
Deron Williams
John Jenkins
Samuel Dalembert
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#132 » by truth18 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:43 pm

rickrolled wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/625004582012350464[/tweet]

Updated Dallas roster:

Wesley Matthews
Chandler Parsons
Dirk Nowitzki
Zaza Pachulia
Devin Harris
Raymond Felton
J.J. Barea
Justin Anderson
Jeremy Evans
Charlie Villanueva
Dwight Powell
Deron Williams
John Jenkins
Samuel Dalembert

YOU LOSE
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,125

Post#133 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:36 pm

andyhop wrote:
KGboss wrote:
andyhop wrote:
lol

It was all a comment that delusional required

Your boy shot 35.6% from the floor last year (36.7% career). "lol"
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#134 » by 165bows » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:59 am

rickrolled wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/625004582012350464[/tweet]

Updated Dallas roster:

Wesley Matthews
Chandler Parsons
Dirk Nowitzki
Zaza Pachulia
Devin Harris
Raymond Felton
J.J. Barea
Justin Anderson
Jeremy Evans
Charlie Villanueva
Dwight Powell
Deron Williams
John Jenkins
Samuel Dalembert

Really only three above average guys on that team in Dirk, Matthews and Parsons. Two of them are coming off injury and one is really old.

They do have a habit of making something out of a collection of spare parts, though.
soxfan2003
RealGM
And1: 4,178

Post#135 » by soxfan2003 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:04 am

jmr07019 wrote:
soxfan2003 wrote:
ddb wrote:I'm calling it right now. BK pick with be #5, Mavs pick #14, Minny pick stays with Minny as they will fall in the lottery again this year. So depending on how good the Celtics will be our draft positioning will look something like this in the 1st round

#5, #14, #19.....

Injuries will obviously play a huge factor but if I had to guess right now, it would be Brooklyn pick #9, Dallas pick #12 and Celtics pick around 17th. Dallas I suspect will be hurt by the loss of Chandler more than they are helped by the addition of Williams... throw in Dirk getting a year older and its not a good situation for them. And MN I suspect to be a lottery team as well so that pick will turn into 2nd round picks. I still see the Wolves with pretty big incentive to lose so I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow work there way to another bottom 5 finish and trade off a player or two if they are performing a little above expectations.

In the past you've criticized rebuilding teams for stopping tanking too soon. Obviously there are a lot of variables at play but how many more seasons would you tank if you were Minni?

Without a doubt, I would tank this upcoming season in the Wolves shoes since it doesn't make sense for them to lose their first round pick and give it to Boston. And I would probably tank one more season after that but I would reevaluate at the end of this upcoming season. I like Wiggins as a potential top 10 NBA player but I never felt he would be Lebron like and not many people think Towns will be that much above an improved version of Al Horford. 2 very nice pieces but even if the Wolves do very well with those two players as lets say the 8th and 18th best players in the NBA, MN will still need more to win the championship. Someone like Shabazz Muhammad played well last year when he was healthy at least. Rubio if he ever learned to shoot very well would jump a level but he seems a little risky nowadays.
rickrolled
Head Coach
And1: 2,652

Post#136 » by rickrolled » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:57 pm

165bows wrote:

Updated Dallas roster:

Wesley Matthews
Chandler Parsons
Dirk Nowitzki
Zaza Pachulia
Devin Harris
Raymond Felton
J.J. Barea
Justin Anderson
Jeremy Evans
Charlie Villanueva
Dwight Powell
Deron Williams
John Jenkins
Samuel Dalembert

Really only three above average guys on that team in Dirk, Matthews and Parsons. Two of them are coming off injury and one is really old.

They do have a habit of making something out of a collection of spare parts, though.

I'd add Deron to that list. That team might miss the playoffs by a game or two.
ddb
RealGM

Post#137 » by ddb » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:48 pm

soxfan2003 wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:
soxfan2003 wrote:

Without a doubt, I would tank this upcoming season in the Wolves shoes since it doesn't make sense for them to lose their first round pick and give it to Boston. And I would probably tank one more season after that but I would reevaluate at the end of this upcoming season. I like Wiggins as a potential top 10 NBA player but I never felt he would be Lebron like and not many people think Towns will be that much above an improved version of Al Horford. 2 very nice pieces but even if the Wolves do very well with those two players as lets say the 8th and 18th best players in the NBA, MN will still need more to win the championship. Someone like Shabazz Muhammad played well last year when he was healthy at least. Rubio if he ever learned to shoot very well would jump a level but he seems a little risky nowadays.

The Wolves don't need to "tank". They simply aren't good enough to make the playoffs in the Western Conference this season. Wiggins/Towns aren't leading them to the playoffs. KG is a player/coach essentially there to help develop the kids. He's not good enough any longer to really impact wins VS losses. Martin/Pek and maybe even Rubio will be on the move at some point via trades. The Wolves are going to play their kids and play them a lot. Wiggins, LaVine, Muhammad, Towns, Dieng will all play major roles on that team which in turn will lead to a lot of excitement, but also a lot of losses. They are 2 years away from being dangerous.
What is scary to think about is if they somehow can land Ben Simmons... Wiggins/Simmons/Towns trio would be OKC style Durant/Westbrook/Ibaka good in due time
ddb
RealGM

Post#138 » by ddb » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:05 pm

Updated Dallas roster:

Wesley Matthews
Chandler Parsons
Dirk Nowitzki
Zaza Pachulia
Devin Harris
Raymond Felton
J.J. Barea
Justin Anderson
Jeremy Evans
Charlie Villanueva
Dwight Powell
Deron Williams
John Jenkins
Samuel Dalembert

DWill (injury prone & on decline)- Matthews (fresh off major injury)- Parsons (decent)- Dirk (old)- Zaza (average NBA Center on his best day). That team sounds about bad enough to keep their pick. DAMN!

Warriors, Rockets, Spurs, Clippers, Thunder, Grizzlies are locks to make the playoffs in the West. Then after that I would put the Pelicans at 7 because ADavis is only getting better. So 1 team will be #8 out of the list below. Right off the bat I'm ruling out Wolves, Blazers, Nuggets. Those teams are nowhere close to competing for the playoffs. Which leaves Utah, Phoenix, Mavs, Lakers, Kings battling for #8

Minny, Portland, Phoenix, Lakers, Mavs, Kings, Nuggets, Jazz.

Lakers: Clarkson-Bryant-Young-Bass-Hibbert with LWilliams, DRuss, JRandle off the bench
Kings: Rondo-McLeMore-Gay-Cousins-Kufous with Collison-Butler-Bellinelli-WCS off the bench
Suns: Bledsoe-Knight-Tucker-Morris-Chandler with Goodwin-Warren-Televatic-Len bench
Jazz: Exum-Burks-Hayward-Favors-Gobert with Burke-Hood-Inglis-Lyles-Booker bench
Mavs: DWill-Matthews-Parsons-Dirk-Zaza with Harris-Barrea-Anderson-Dalembert bench

Out of that group Sacto probably has the most talent, but they're also most likely to combust..Can they gel under George Karl? That'll be an interesting story line.
The safer pick for #8 IMO is Utah. They were really good down the stretch last season with the emergence of Gobert.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#139 » by jmr07019 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:16 pm

Updated Dallas roster:

Wesley Matthews
Chandler Parsons
Dirk Nowitzki
Zaza Pachulia
Devin Harris
Raymond Felton
J.J. Barea
Justin Anderson
Jeremy Evans
Charlie Villanueva
Dwight Powell
Deron Williams
John Jenkins
Samuel Dalembert

Dallas is going all out to stay out of the bottom 7. Thanks Mark!
Show Love Spread Love
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#140 » by 165bows » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:26 pm

rickrolled wrote:
165bows wrote:

Updated Dallas roster:

Wesley Matthews
Chandler Parsons
Dirk Nowitzki
Zaza Pachulia
Devin Harris
Raymond Felton
J.J. Barea
Justin Anderson
Jeremy Evans
Charlie Villanueva
Dwight Powell
Deron Williams
John Jenkins
Samuel Dalembert

I'd add Deron to that list. That team might miss the playoffs by a game or two.

Deron as an above average PG? IDK, maybe considering all starters and bench guys. Tough to say he is better than 15 starting PGs, it's a pretty deep group. Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Conley, Parker, Lillard definitely better and maybe Lawson/Holiday in his own conference. Not sure he outplays whoever is Phoenix's PG either. Basically hoping to be average over the course of a season, but maybe he bounces back in Dallas a bit.

Return to Boston Celtics