ImageImageImage

Guerschon Yabusele

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Re: Guerschon Yabusele 

Post#421 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:36 pm

Smitty731 wrote:
CrowderKeg wrote:

Fixed this for you. No need to put in the youtube brackets around a link anymore.

Same for Tweets.

It is in Howard's Announcement at the top of each forum. :)

Thanks. I saw the announcement. The issue with the new site update is some of the old posts (which used the tags) no longer display as they should. I do edit the ones I come across.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#422 » by ddb » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:43 pm

I'm excited about Yabusele. I'm going to forget about him for a year and then get excited again next summer. He needs to work on his body & Conditioning like most young athletes do, but the skill level is there.

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app
Chris4Vikes
Pro Prospect
And1: 303

Post#423 » by Chris4Vikes » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:26 pm

ddb wrote:I'm excited about Yabusele. I'm going to forget about him for a year and then get excited again next summer. He needs to work on his body & Conditioning like most young athletes do, but the skill level is there.

So you think he may have been BPA as opposed to Ellenson, Richardson, Skal, Davis, etc. or was he taken just because we needed a stash?
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,396

Post#424 » by Homerclease » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:31 pm

Chris4Vikes wrote:
ddb wrote:I'm excited about Yabusele. I'm going to forget about him for a year and then get excited again next summer. He needs to work on his body & Conditioning like most young athletes do, but the skill level is there.

So you think he may have been BPA as opposed to Ellenson, Richardson, Skal, Davis, etc. or was he taken just because we needed a stash?

He was taken because we needed a stash, they were balls deep in the Durant push and didn't have a backup plan once Hernangomez was taken by Denver
Chris4Vikes
Pro Prospect

Post#425 » by Chris4Vikes » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:35 pm

Homerclease wrote:
Chris4Vikes wrote:

He was taken because we needed a stash, they were balls deep in the Durant push and didn't have a backup plan once Hernangomez was taken by Denver

This is what I tend to believe. I thought Ellenson or Richardson was worth making room on the roster. Yabu may turn out fine. But for this reason I can't give the offseason an "A", even though the Brown pick and Horford signing were great.
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#426 » by Homerclease » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:49 pm

Chris4Vikes wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Chris4Vikes wrote:

This is what I tend to believe. I thought Ellenson or Richardson was worth making room on the roster. Yabu may turn out fine. But for this reason I can't give the offseason an "A", even though the Brown pick and Horford signing were great.

I know I'd be much happier having Deyonta Davis and Skal on this roster than Tyler Zeller and Ben Bentil.
KumaJG
Sixth Man
And1: 1,069

Post#427 » by KumaJG » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:33 pm

Glen Davis is his ceiling
Writebloc
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,615

Post#428 » by Writebloc » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:53 pm

KumaJG wrote:Glen Davis is his ceiling

Considering we've never seen an in shape Glen Davis, no one knows what that even looks like?
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,158

Post#429 » by chakdaddy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:54 pm

KumaJG wrote:Glen Davis is his ceiling

Exactly...he's a gamble but if everything works out we could have an undersized 4 who can crack the bench rotation. I guess you've got to roll the dice on that, SMH
bbd24
Starter
And1: 954

Post#430 » by bbd24 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:54 pm

Chris4Vikes wrote:

Bpa, no doubt. Only 20. Tons of potential. Love the pick.
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#431 » by Homerclease » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:13 pm

bbd24 wrote:
Chris4Vikes wrote:

How can there be no doubt? How does he have more potential then a guy like Skal who can do everything Yabs does except he's younger and 4 inches taller?
chakdaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,158

Post#432 » by chakdaddy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:51 pm

Homerclease wrote:
bbd24 wrote:
Chris4Vikes wrote:

How can there be no doubt? How does he have more potential then a guy like Skal who can do everything Yabs does except he's younger and 4 inches taller?

Unless they've got the resume of Barkley or LJ - a 6'7" PF belongs in the 2nd round no matter what.
Wes-J
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,769

Post#433 » by Wes-J » Mon Aug 1, 2016 12:03 am

Chris4Vikes wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Chris4Vikes wrote:

Can't give it an A?

We got an all-star player and a #3 pick with amazing potential at the cost of virtually nothing in terms of assets sacrificed.
Chris4Vikes
Pro Prospect

Post#434 » by Chris4Vikes » Mon Aug 1, 2016 1:41 am

Wes-J wrote:
Chris4Vikes wrote:
Homerclease wrote:He was taken because we needed a stash, they were balls deep in the Durant push and didn't have a backup plan once Hernangomez was taken by Denver

Can't give it an A?

We got an all-star player and a #3 pick with amazing potential at the cost of virtually nothing in terms of assets sacrificed.

B+. Not sure we did as well as we should have with the following 7 picks.
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#435 » by Homerclease » Mon Aug 1, 2016 1:47 am

It would've been an A for me if they moved up to 8 for Chriss which was more than reasonable given what the Suns offered. Major blunder there by Ainge, missing a chance to acquire another elite prospect and clearing the roster crunch at the same time.
Wes-J
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,769

Post#436 » by Wes-J » Mon Aug 1, 2016 4:40 am

Guys we're freerolling here. We made serious bank with Horford and Brown, the rest is pure unadulterated gravy. Yabs and Zizic will be fine, the rest of the signees FA and draft may be part of trade, maybe not, either way will contribute in some form.
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#437 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Mon Aug 1, 2016 4:58 am

Wes-J wrote:Guys we're freerolling here. We made serious bank with Horford and Brown, the rest is pure unadulterated gravy. Yabs and Zizic will be fine, the rest of the signees FA and draft may be part of trade, maybe not, either way will contribute in some form.

exactly, i expect the knee jerk reactions on draft day, I myself included. Once you look back at all of it, its a fine job.
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
jrob23
Starter
And1: 791

Post#438 » by jrob23 » Mon Aug 1, 2016 5:31 am

It's a combination of Danny needing to stash and wanting to be the smartest guy in the room. "I'll show you. I'll take this undersized PF who looks like and will be our version of Green. You'll see." Except Yabu doesn't have Green's basketball IQ or quick feet. There were a dozen guys Danny could have taken who could have made an immediate impact this season but he couldn't take them because doing so essentially means he has to cut one of his past failed picks i.e. Hunter, Young, Mickey, Thornton. He's really a very bad drafter. One of the worst tbh. This is just another example. There are very few guys who can enter a draft needing help to get over the top, have 8 picks in a very strong and deep draft, and turn that into one backup SF. Shameful.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Re: RE: Re: Guerschon Yabusele 

Post#439 » by ddb » Mon Aug 1, 2016 9:36 am

Chris4Vikes wrote:

I think they liked him more and he also just so happened to be a stash candidate.

165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Re: RE: Re: Guerschon Yabusele 

Post#440 » by 165bows » Mon Aug 1, 2016 10:01 am

ddb wrote:
Chris4Vikes wrote:

I think they liked him more and he also just so happened to be a stash candidate.

Tend to agree here. They've all but give a roster spot to Jackson, so if there was an American kid they liked better than those two (Yabu/DJackson), why not take him at 16 and a eurostash half way through the second round? Net results in roster spots would be the same.

I was intrigued by Yabu pre-draft, just never imagined he'd be that high of a pick.

Return to Boston Celtics