ImageImageImage

Boston All-Sports Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,999

Re: General Boston Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1861 » by 31to6 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:56 am

The Comedian wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
31to6 wrote:Pats so trash. Only keeping this on in the second half to see if they panic and put in Zappe. Or Patricia. Have Patricia play QB, he knows a lot of football!

I'm not sold on Mac but I think people are actually underrating how much the coaching staff failed him this year.

He had a good rookie year

He had a good rookie year because they asked him to do so little. His arm will always be a problem, it’s why they’ve struggled so much in the red zone since drafting him. Need to be able to zip the ball, and he doesn’t have that, plus he floats any pass over 20 yards.

Zappe is better than him, and neither should be a starter.

Oh I’m Team Mac all the way, think they need to give him three years to see if they’ve got a good one in him. Unfortunately this year is a waste of a year due to the complete **** show of a coaching “staff.”

I think the sad truth is this franchise is unlikely to have any more significant success under Bill, but he’s a charity case for Robert Kraft now. There’s a scenario in which ownership makes Bill bring in real coordinators next year and it goes well, but I’m not banking on being excited about the Patriots chances again until they’ve got one of these 40-something hot shots as a culture-changing HC. Hell, bring in Flores (Kraft would have to die first I realize).
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,690

Post#1862 » by GoCeltics123 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:02 am

31to6 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:I'm not sold on Mac but I think people are actually underrating how much the coaching staff failed him this year.

He had a good rookie year because they asked him to do so little. His arm will always be a problem, it’s why they’ve struggled so much in the red zone since drafting him. Need to be able to zip the ball, and he doesn’t have that, plus he floats any pass over 20 yards.

Oh I’m Team Mac all the way, think they need to give him three years to see if they’ve got a good one in him. Unfortunately this year is a waste of a year due to the complete **** show of a coaching “staff.”

I think the sad truth is this franchise is unlikely to have any more significant success under Bill, but he’s a charity case for Robert Kraft now. There’s a scenario in which ownership makes Bill bring in real coordinators next year and it goes well, but I’m not banking on being excited about the Patriots chances again until they’ve got one of these 40-something hot shots as a culture-changing HC. Hell, bring in Flores (Kraft would have to die first I realize).

There's a slim chance Bill would get the Ainge forced retirement thing if he refuses to let Matty P go as OC but I doubt it.

But the fanbase's uproar has been insane this year, the fans demand change right now, you can see it by how tickets for today's game were like $50. That's never happened in the past 2 decades. Matt Patricia has to **** go
31to6
RealGM

Post#1863 » by 31to6 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:17 am

GoCeltics123 wrote:
31to6 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

There's a slim chance Bill would get the Ainge forced retirement thing if he refuses to let Matty P go as OC but I doubt it.

But the fanbase's uproar has been insane this year, the fans demand change right now, you can see it by how tickets for today's game were like $50. That's never happened in the past 2 decades. Matt Patricia has to **** go

It’s REALLY likely Patricia isn’t calling plays next year (though I’d bet he’s still on the team’s payroll because he’s Bill’s buddy), but do we have confidence that Bill will bring in someone better and give them the leeway — and talent — to do what they want to do? If not really, is an offense that’s like 20% better than this year that compelling? Not to me. Coaching will need to change from the top, and I think that’s unlikely until Bill passes Shula or runs this team ashore trying.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#1864 » by Feed Your Head » Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:32 am

GoCeltics123 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:I'm not sold on Mac but I think people are actually underrating how much the coaching staff failed him this year.

We were 7th in red zone TD% last year, and this year Matt **** Patricia calls the plays. Hunter Henry had NINE touchdowns last year, this year zero. Matty P is a clueless playcaller.

Mac is not reading the field as well this year, his arm is still a problem, but he's 110% being hamstrung by a horrendous playcaller, a terrible offensive line and mediocre WRs. Also, their best WR arguably in Bourne, who doesn't play because Patricia has a massive ego and sucks at his job.

I'm giving Mac year 3 to prove himself before moving on. Patricia goes first, WAY before Mac.

And no, Zappe is not better lol.

Patricia is horrible, and Belichick is dumb for letting him run the offense. The red zone percentage is because they were awesome running the ball, but against good teams they could not throw the ball successfully in the red zone.

Just because Patricia sucks doesn’t mean Mac doesn’t. He’s extremely limited physically, and once teams figured him out last season, he was atrocious down the stretch. He really struggles reading defenses and progressing through his reads. They will 100% have a new offensive play caller next season, and Mac may get a chance with them, but I can tell you there’s a real chance he won’t be their starting QB week 1 of next year.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,874

Post#1865 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:49 am

Zappe is better. He has better pocket presence and can throw more accurately on the run. Jones is a deer in the headlights at this point.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,912

Post#1866 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:15 pm

Read on Twitter
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

Post#1867 » by Parliament10 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:36 am

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1868 » by Parliament10 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:44 pm

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Re: Boston All-Sports Thread, Phase 2 

Post#1869 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:00 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1870 » by Parliament10 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:11 pm

Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1871 » by Parliament10 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Re: Boston All-Sports Thread, Phase 2 – (Bruins in the Playoffs) 

Post#1872 » by Parliament10 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:18 am

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1873 » by Parliament10 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,402

Post#1874 » by threrf23 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:02 am

Bruins in a back and forth shootout rn, 5-5 with 8 mins remaining in regulation
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Post#1875 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon May 1, 2023 9:32 am

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,402

Post#1876 » by threrf23 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

sad
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#1877 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:04 pm

Read on Twitter
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1878 » by Parliament10 » Mon Jan 1, 2024 3:07 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

That would be Great.

How are all the other Boston Sports Teams doing, this time of year?
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
31to6
RealGM

Post#1879 » by 31to6 » Mon Jan 1, 2024 4:51 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

That would be Great.

How are all the other Boston Sports Teams doing, this time of year?

Well I’m no longer Team Mac, for one thing, and Belichick may have coached his last Patriot win, hard as that is to say with the Jets coming up.

Bruins still good, right?

Red Sox still just pretty much chilling as a corporate product?

I don’t follow professional soccer. I don’t know when the Revolution season begins or ends. Does it run alongside baseball season?

I think BC won their bowl game at Fenway.

WNBA in Boston would be close to the CT Sun, but I’d be down for more pro hoops in New England!
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1880 » by Parliament10 » Fri Jan 5, 2024 11:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."