ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston, Payton Pritchard! – (Re-signed: 4yrs/$30M)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Re: Welcome to Boston, Payton Pritchard! – (Signs Extension: 4yrs/$30M) 

Post#881 » by bucknersrevenge » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:28 am

Celts17Pride wrote:
Dangit wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:Two words about Payton Pritchard - Sell High.

No .... keep him right here

I was definitely wrong here. Kudos PP!

May the apology be as big as the disrespect...
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,985

Re: Welcome to Boston, Payton Pritchard! – (Re-signed: 4yrs/$30M) 

Post#882 » by jfs1000d » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:40 am

Pritchard on best contract in nba. He’s below the MLE. That seems impossible that he isnt getting more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,929

Post#883 » by Celts17Pride » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:44 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:
Dangit wrote:

No .... keep him right here

I was definitely wrong here. Kudos PP!

I never disrespected PP, just thought he would be a defensive liability. PP is really working hard not to be a defensive liability
bucknersrevenge
RealGM

Post#884 » by bucknersrevenge » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:55 am

Celts17Pride wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:I was definitely wrong here. Kudos PP!

I never disrespected PP, just thought he would be a defensive liability. PP is really working hard not to be a defensive liability

I hear you but he's worked hard all year and has been working hard in previous years learning under Smart now to navigate screens and get into guy's chests. He competes out there and I thought it was evident fairly early. Now we can debate the merits and standards of what is disrespect and what isn't but I'm just saying, you've been pretty loud this year in your critiques. Fair?

Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,929

Post#885 » by Celts17Pride » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:58 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

I hear you but he's worked hard all year and has been working hard in previous years learning under Smart now to navigate screens and get into guy's chests. He competes out there and I thought it was evident fairly early. Now we can debate the merits and standards of what is disrespect and what isn't but I'm just saying, you've been pretty loud this year in your critiques. Fair?

No. Haven’t criticized PP all year. All I ever said was sell high because I thought he would be a defensive liability. Don’t know where you are getting this but no big deal.

Look at my posts, I rarely criticize anyone. We have enough of that already
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#886 » by sam_I_am » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:04 am

I thought PP was a great summer league player who couldn’t get it done against the better NBA talent. As I posted in game thread….Summer League PP is now regular season PP. He has really raised his level of play.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM

Post#887 » by bucknersrevenge » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:14 am

Celts17Pride wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:I never disrespected PP, just thought he would be a defensive liability. PP is really working hard not to be a defensive liability

No. Haven’t criticized PP all year. All I ever said was sell high because I thought he would be a defensive liability. Don’t know where you are getting this but no big deal.

Look at my posts, I rarely criticize anyone. We have enough of that already

Fair enough

KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,288

Post#888 » by KillahGhostface » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:15 am

KillahGhostface wrote:I was wrong, Master P

Making his doubters say uhhhhhhh

Spoiler:
This post was brought to you by weed.
doogie_hauser
Senior
And1: 788

Post#889 » by doogie_hauser » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:00 am

Standing up to Luke Kornet slander from Pat Bev has officially now made Eight Mile Payton a top 3 favourite player of mine (current two faves are Derrick White and Jaylen Brown)

I remember fans and hoops watchers from Oregon said we would love PP despite his lack of height.

Might have taken him a bit longer to arrive than many expected (understandable on a very deep roster that has had playoff runs since he was drafted) but Payton really is now establishing himself a fan favourite and I am totally here for it.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,156

Post#890 » by Hal14 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:01 pm

Really happy for Payton. Seems like a good dude who is chill and just likes to hoop, works his butt off to be the best player he can be.

Not enough is being said in the media about the Celtics took 3 unathletic white guys (2 of them were undrafted, 1 was projected 2nd round pick) and have developed all 3 of them into really good, solid rotation players. They said we had no bench..well, what are they saying now?

It's a credit to our scouting department to see something in all 3 of them..the coaches to develop them but most of all, the 3 of them for keeping their heads up, putting in the work, seeing they have a role on this team and playing their best to fit that role.

Of course, I'm referring to Pritchard, Hauser and Kornet.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,436

Post#891 » by shackles10 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:39 pm

Hal14 wrote:Really happy for Payton. Seems like a good dude who is chill and just likes to hoop, works his butt off to be the best player he can be.

Not enough is being said in the media about the Celtics took 3 unathletic white guys (2 of them were undrafted, 1 was projected 2nd round pick) and have developed all 3 of them into really good, solid rotation players. They said we had no bench..well, what are they saying now?

It's a credit to our scouting department to see something in all 3 of them..the coaches to develop them but most of all, the 3 of them for keeping their heads up, putting in the work, seeing they have a role on this team and playing their best to fit that role.

If those 3 were on the Heat it'd be about how great they are and that would 100% trickle into all that hEaT cUlTuRe mess and we'd hear all about how they're a product of that system and a testament to their organization. When they're on the Celtics they're just kinda here and it's a surprise every time (even when it's been almost all season long).
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Post#892 » by 165bows » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:03 pm

shackles10 wrote:
Hal14 wrote:Really happy for Payton. Seems like a good dude who is chill and just likes to hoop, works his butt off to be the best player he can be.

If those 3 were on the Heat it'd be about how great they are and that would 100% trickle into all that hEaT cUlTuRe mess and we'd hear all about how they're a product of that system and a testament to their organization. When they're on the Celtics they're just kinda here and it's a surprise every time (even when it's been almost all season long).

It's both 'these guys suck, they are only good because of playing with Tatum,' and simultaneously, 'Tatum isn't that good, the team is so good overall because it's so full of really good players.'

Only the lightest bit tongue in cheek.
Half-Full
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,127

Post#893 » by Half-Full » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:58 pm

Of course, I'm referring to Pritchard, Hauser and Kornet.

At the start of the season, everyone had questions regarding whether or not Hauser, Pritchard, and Kornet were deserving of the 7,8, and 9 slots, with many hoping to see a trade to get a better player to fill the 7 slot at least. They could then maybe live with sliding the three to the 8, 9, and 10 slots. I think more than a few were even hoping to see the acquisition of two "better" players, a wing, and a big, sliding Hauser, Pritchard, and Kornet even further down the bench, to the 9,10, and 11 slots. For a variety of reasons, that never happened, though we did pick up Tillman and Springer at the deadline. By that point, however, Hauser, Pritchard, and Kornet had demonstrated that they had earned those positions, and their contributions to the team's success cannot be discounted. It's nice to see them getting the recognition they well deserve.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Post#894 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:08 am

Please make a positive impact in the playoffs.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#895 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:26 am

Read on Twitter
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#896 » by ConstableGeneva » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:41 pm

Read on Twitter
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,288

Post#897 » by KillahGhostface » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:50 pm

Payton giving DjFan and myself a Piston fistin’.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,397

Post#898 » by Homerclease » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:50 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

The contract he signed in the offseason was questionable at the time but man oh man did they get themselves a bargain. 4 years at less than MLE money for what he’s giving you is fine work by Brad
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,325

Post#899 » by Gant » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:56 pm

Pritchard's defense, rebounding, and ability to finish at the rim make no sense. This shouldn't be possible.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,999

Post#900 » by 31to6 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:19 pm

Gant wrote:Pritchard's defense, rebounding, and ability to finish at the rim make no sense. This shouldn't be possible.

I hope for a highlight reel of him finishing aggressively at the rim against guys who, I guess, aren’t expecting him to try to score.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.

Return to Boston Celtics