ImageImageImage

OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 3

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,366

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 3 

Post#61 » by bisme37 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:28 pm

Anyone watch Dark on Netflix? It's melting my brain lol. It's a German series that starts out as a missing kid mystery and turns into a complicated but very absorbing show about time travel. So many characters and you have to pay attention to who is who and how they're related and what time period they're in from scene to scene. Not a show where you can just veg out and turn your brain off, but it's really good and its pervaded all my thoughts trying to piece together the whole thing. Recommended.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#62 » by bisme37 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:45 pm

If you do want to turn your brain off and like sci-fi, I thought Moonfall was the best movie I've seen in a long time... in which the plot and screenplay were absolutely stupid and the acting was mediocre haha. The moon is crashing into Earth, which leads some really cool scenes in space and constant disaster scenes on Earth. And some twists along the way, some of which are cool and some of which will make you roll your eyes. But it's a very good looking movie and fun and exciting as long as you are able to suspend your disbelief.

I also enjoyed the recent show The Resort on Peacock. It's kinda like The White Lotus meets Only Murders in the Building.

The Patient looks really good. FX on Hulu. But I noticed the episodes are quite short so I decided to wait for it all to come out. Looking forward to it though.

I'm also doing my best to wait for the whole season of Rings of Power to come out. I really want to get into it now but I'm enjoying House of the Dragon and I'm worried I'll start getting them mixed up in my mind if I watch them at the same time and end up enjoying them both less.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,220

Post#63 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:09 pm

bisme37 wrote:Anyone watch Dark on Netflix? It's melting my brain lol. It's a German series that starts out as a missing kid mystery and turns into a complicated but very absorbing show about time travel. So many characters and you have to pay attention to who is who and how they're related and what time period they're in from scene to scene. Not a show where you can just veg out and turn your brain off, but it's really good and its pervaded all my thoughts trying to piece together the whole thing. Recommended.

Watched this twice and had a character/timeline guide for the re-watch lol. Hella confusing but superb show once you get what's going on!
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,142

Post#64 » by Bad-Thoma » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:53 pm

I've had enough people tell me Dark was good that I'm going to have to check it out. My wife and I usually watch everything together but I don't think she has the attention span for that one.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#65 » by bisme37 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:18 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
bisme37 wrote:Anyone watch Dark on Netflix? It's melting my brain lol. It's a German series that starts out as a missing kid mystery and turns into a complicated but very absorbing show about time travel. So many characters and you have to pay attention to who is who and how they're related and what time period they're in from scene to scene. Not a show where you can just veg out and turn your brain off, but it's really good and its pervaded all my thoughts trying to piece together the whole thing. Recommended.

Watched this twice and had a character/timeline guide for the re-watch lol. Hella confusing but superb show once you get what's going on!

Yeah I spent a bunch of time yesterday looking up articles and charts to make sure I knew everyone's relationship haha. But I'm only on season 2 and didn't want read any spoilers, so I tried not to dig any deeper than I needed to. But really good show and credit to them for managing such a complicated story so well.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#66 » by MagicBagley18 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:34 pm

When I watch cobra Kai I’m not expecting anything more than fun entertainment and nods to the movies- we got that for a majority of its run. It started off as a joke but turned into a real show but I think it’s time to end it.

This season jumped the shark for me. Jokes didn’t hit the same and just felt more redundant and less fun to me and just too silly even for a silly show.

Gonna start city on a hill season 3 soon….
ryan in Maine
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,739

Post#68 » by ryan in Maine » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:57 am

Listen to Sinister by CZARFACE @YouTube
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,294

Post#69 » by Marvel » Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:14 am

Man it makes me glad to see all you cats got such good taste in hip hop. Salute
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,082

Post#70 » by Ed Pinkney » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:07 pm

MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#71 » by MagicBagley18 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:39 pm

BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#72 » by BostonCouchGM » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:18 pm

it's brilliant. The first couple of seasons were 10/10 and while I enjoyed the ending it wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped so I'd give season 3 an 8/10 but unlike the first two seasons, I haven't watched it twice so maybe I'll appreciate it more upon a rewatch.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#73 » by BostonCouchGM » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:22 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:When I watch cobra Kai I’m not expecting anything more than fun entertainment and nods to the movies- we got that for a majority of its run. It started off as a joke but turned into a real show but I think it’s time to end it.

This season jumped the shark for me. Jokes didn’t hit the same and just felt more redundant and less fun to me and just too silly even for a silly show.

Gonna start city on a hill season 3 soon….

There's still some moments of greatness. One episode in particular with Johnny acting as an Uber driver was hilarious. And Terry Silver is great as always. Some of the earlier seasons with the kid actors were pretty cringe so I'm not finding this any worse than previous seasons. It probably does need to end after next season though so it doesn't wear out its welcome. Hard to do for showrunners with everyone making money off its success though.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,156

Post#74 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:30 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:

it's brilliant. The first couple of seasons were 10/10 and while I enjoyed the ending it wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped so I'd give season 3 an 8/10 but unlike the first two seasons, I haven't watched it twice so maybe I'll appreciate it more upon a rewatch.

Agreed with this. In fact, I think part of the reason season 3 was not a straight 10/10 was that it became way too convoluted. But I'd gladly rewatch it if I didn't have 200 movies and shows on my watch list.
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,082

Post#75 » by Ed Pinkney » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:26 am

I've been watching "Welcome to Wrexham", a docuseries about Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhanney purchasing a fifth division football club in Wales. It is an FX show, but it is playing on Disney+ here in Australia

I am finding it somewhere between "I like it" and "meh", I haven't quite been able to decide yet. I like documentaries, I like sport, I am not just not sure if there is enough to keep me interested longer term.

ryan in Maine
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,739

Post#76 » by ryan in Maine » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:02 pm

Listen to Sinister by CZARFACE @YouTube
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,998

Post#77 » by sam_I_am » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:05 pm

Pretty great show. The quality dubbing was really good but I switched to subtitles once I got into show and it was better.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#78 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:36 am

Anyone try andor yet?
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,887

Post#79 » by bucknersrevenge » Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:25 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:Anyone try andor yet?

Got through the first 2 episodes. Still need to see the 3rd. It's interesting. Still feeling it out. There feels like a lot of exposition so far and not enough "things actually happening" but that's just an initial read on it. But it's gonna be 12 episodes, more than their usual so maybe it's gonna be a slow burn. The flashbacks/timejumps need to lead me somewhere or they're gonna get annoying fast.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#80 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:22 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:Anyone try andor yet?

Got through the first 2 episodes. Still need to see the 3rd. It's interesting. Still feeling it out. There feels like a lot of exposition so far and not enough "things actually happening" but that's just an initial read on it. But it's gonna be 12 episodes, more than their usual so maybe it's gonna be a slow burn. The flashbacks/timejumps need to lead me somewhere or they're gonna get annoying fast.

Gotcha. Didn’t know it was 12, has to be a slow burn. I’ll prob wait until there like 5-6 in before checking it out.

Return to Boston Celtics