ImageImageImage

OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 3

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,610

Re: OT: Art, Music, Literature, Media, and More! Part 3 

Post#821 » by bisme37 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 6:46 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Trigger Point, not for the faint of heart. S2 is as bonkers as S1.

I suddenly miss Spooks/MI-5. Why are the Brits so good at police/spy drama?

What platform?

I haven't watched the show yet but after I saw it mentioned here I looked it up and found it on Peacock. Since Zoya rudely ignored your question haha.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,610

Post#822 » by bisme37 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 7:54 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Pilot was (unexpectedly slow-burn-y but) pretty cool.

I was prepared for it to be slow paced and liked a lot of things about this show. But it really dragged in the middle part of the season and got kinda tedious imo. Could have been 4 or 5 episodes instead of 8 imo. And there is some action but it's really more of a dark romantic comedy than an action thriller.

In other news I watched a new movie called Freelance on Hulu last night. Not amazing but I'd recommend it to fans of John Cena and Alison Brie and action comedy type stuff.

;t=72s
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,707

Post#823 » by Tatumfor2 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 9:24 pm

bisme37 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Pilot was (unexpectedly slow-burn-y but) pretty cool.

I was prepared for it to be slow paced and liked a lot of things about this show. But it really dragged in the middle part of the season and got kinda tedious imo. Could have been 4 or 5 episodes instead of 8 imo. And there is some action but it's really more of a dark romantic comedy than an action thriller.

In other news I watched a new movie called Freelance on Hulu last night. Not amazing but I'd recommend it to fans of John Cena and Alison Brie and action comedy type stuff.

;t=72s

Who's Alison Brie?
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,951

Post#824 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:55 am

Read on Twitter
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,707

Post#825 » by Tatumfor2 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:54 pm

Anyone partaking in this?

Spoiler:
The last episode scared the **** outta me! :lol:
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,251

Post#826 » by itrsteve » Mon Feb 5, 2024 8:55 pm

Tatumfor2 wrote:Anyone partaking in this?
Spoiler:

It's been great. I watched S1 years ago and forgot about it so I just went back and binged them all from the start.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#827 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Feb 5, 2024 11:37 pm

Tatumfor2 wrote:Anyone partaking in this?

Spoiler:

Waiting for the season to finish before I binge. I don't remember anything I watch the previous week. :P
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,436

Post#828 » by shackles10 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:19 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

The Black Pumas cover is noice too. Earned some replays of the Tracy Chapman version for me a few years back.
ryan in Maine
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,518

Post#829 » by ryan in Maine » Thu Feb 8, 2024 12:33 am

What. A. Banger.

Warning: Moderate video fx

Listen to Sinister by CZARFACE @YouTube
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,397

Post#830 » by Homerclease » Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:52 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=2r3K1qCL2UmIu9zb8OVdDw
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#831 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:42 am

Moving on Disney+. Watch it.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#832 » by sam_I_am » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:43 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:Just saw Godzilla: Minus One and it was cinematic genius. Undoubtedly one of the best films I've seen all year. On what's basically a shoestring budget for movies these days, Takashi Yamazaki crafted a masterpiece full of action, heart, grief, redemption, and at times, sheer terror. At times, this film felt like the original Jaws. The new score (and the old one from the 54 film) punctuated the emotional moments brilliantly. It was beautifully shot.

Yamazaki said in a recent interview that he'd love to direct a Star Wars film one day as he is a big fan. If Disney was smart they'd grant his wish immediately and if he did he could take my money right now.

Thanks for this recommendation! Took my teenager to see it and she was thrilled. Best movie I’ve seen at the theater in years. Best Godzilla movie ever by far…..but an even better movie for showing impact of WW2 on everyday life and the failings of Japanese government and leadership.
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,070

Post#833 » by Ed Pinkney » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:09 am

ryan in Maine wrote:What. A. Banger.

Warning: Moderate video fx

Yes!

I am generally stuck pretty firmly in my 1987-2005 bubble when it comes to hip hop, but Czarface is definitely an exception. All the albums are super strong, and 7L is underrated big time. It is also cool that Rebel INS got such a good producer to work with, he has always been close to my favourite Wu Tang member but I always thought his earlier solo albums suffered from the post Wu Tang Forever dip in beat quality that occurred. He didn’t get the quality that GZA, Method Man etc got with those first round of solo albums.

A current newer group I only recently discovered is Coast Contra, they make 2020’s hip hop that is definitely in my wheel house (which is not usually the case). And apparently the twins are Ras Kass’ sons which is pretty cool too. Worth checking out if you haven’t heard of them before.

bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Post#834 » by bucknersrevenge » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:53 am

sam_I_am wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:Just saw Godzilla: Minus One and it was cinematic genius. Undoubtedly one of the best films I've seen all year. On what's basically a shoestring budget for movies these days, Takashi Yamazaki crafted a masterpiece full of action, heart, grief, redemption, and at times, sheer terror. At times, this film felt like the original Jaws. The new score (and the old one from the 54 film) punctuated the emotional moments brilliantly. It was beautifully shot.

Yamazaki said in a recent interview that he'd love to direct a Star Wars film one day as he is a big fan. If Disney was smart they'd grant his wish immediately and if he did he could take my money right now.

Thanks for this recommendation! Took my teenager to see it and she was thrilled. Best movie I’ve seen at the theater in years. Best Godzilla movie ever by far…..but an even better movie for showing impact of WW2 on everyday life and the failings of Japanese government and leadership.

Absolutely. I'm a history teacher and that's one of the things that made this story more human and more real for me.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,943

Post#835 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:40 am

I re-watched 'Pleasantville' tonight, 25 years after the first time. Pretty cool movie.

Also, this (from its soundtrack):
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,436

Post#836 » by shackles10 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:29 pm

In case none of you realized (and I didn’t until yesterday) Lil Jon has a medication album out now. I first listened for a laugh, then we tried it on our 2 month old and he went from fussy and restless to asleep in my arms in less than 10 minutes.

Andre 3000 has a flute album, Beyoncé releasing a country album, and Lil Jon with a meditation album. What a time to be alive!
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,514

Post#837 » by canman1971 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:57 pm

Season 12 Curb Your Enthusiasm. That is all.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Post#838 » by bucknersrevenge » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:45 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:I re-watched 'Pleasantville' tonight, 25 years after the first time. Pretty cool movie.

One of my favorite films of all time and I absolutely loved this song by Fiona Apple. The subtext in this film was just <chef's kiss>
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,943

Post#839 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:00 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:I re-watched 'Pleasantville' tonight, 25 years after the first time. Pretty cool movie.

One of my favorite films of all time and I absolutely loved this song by Fiona Apple. The subtext in this film was just <chef's kiss>

Yep. On the surface it's just another vehicle to show advanced (for the times) special FX and some old-timey lifestyle. And suddenly it all clicks :D It's remarkable how the subtext is even more relevant today than it was 25 years ago. Not to mention the school teacher anticipating the floods, fires, etc. due to global warming.

And this by Fiona Apple might be the only Beatles cover that I like more than the original.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#840 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:40 pm

Trying Apple+'s Constellation with Noomi Rapace and Jonathan Banks. Two episodes in, I wanna like it but it's not clicking for me so far.

The Iron Claw (Zac Efron, Jeremy Allen White) depressed the **** out of me. Decent movie. Didn't know about that wrestling family before this.

Return to Boston Celtics