ImageImageImage

Joe Mazzulla Thread, Head Coach – (COTM, Dec 2023 & March 2024)

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,474

Re: Joe Mazzulla Thread, Head Coach – (COTM, Dec 2023 & March 2024) 

Post#1641 » by Big J » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:48 pm

bisme37 wrote:
Big J wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
After years of dealing with you on the GB I have to admit it's a legit nightmare of mine to find you over here now lmao. I guess you're running out of boards you're still allowed to post on?

I'm not gatekeeping fandom. I'm gatekeeping the Celtics forum. It's my job.

I am still resisting the urge to post some of your greatest hits of Celtics hating and trolling over recent seasons but let me just ask... were you a Celtics fan yesterday when you were posting on the Warriors board about how you're a Warriors fan? Or you were a Celtics fan yesterday morning and then a Warriors fan again yesterday afternoon and then a Celtics fan again now?

A nightmare for you? Think about how I feel. I was banned off the GB for an entire year for using a Lebron nickname that I've seen posted hundreds of times, including many times after I was banned, without any action being taken against anyone. So, whenever I get bullied here it makes me question if it's personal.

I had nothing to do with your ban from the GB. Your user account is packed with 57 notes, warnings and strikes from dozens of mods across all of RGM. You got 5 strikes on the GB and that comes with an automatic ban.

As mods we try to be patient and impartial but when we find ourselves spending 99% of our time moderating the same 1% of posters it kinda sticks in our mind and becomes super annoying, unfortunately. So maybe stop posting garbage and it would solve the problem for all involved.

All that said, if you stop responding to me I'll happy to do the same and move on with enjoying my day. I have no idea what you're getting out of pretending to be a Celtics fan but do your thing I guess.

I have tried incredibly hard not to break the rules since my 3rd strike. I have read and reread the Violations. Believe me, I am tired of getting strikes. My 5th strike was for using a term that no one else gets violations for using, so it kind of pisses me off that I'm treated differently than other posters. If I could actually see the notes on my account maybe that would help me to understand what I've done to piss the mods off.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,652

Post#1642 » by Homerclease » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:09 pm

bisme37 wrote:
Big J wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
After years of dealing with you on the GB I have to admit it's a legit nightmare of mine to find you over here now lmao. I guess you're running out of boards you're still allowed to post on?

I'm not gatekeeping fandom. I'm gatekeeping the Celtics forum. It's my job.

I am still resisting the urge to post some of your greatest hits of Celtics hating and trolling over recent seasons but let me just ask... were you a Celtics fan yesterday when you were posting on the Warriors board about how you're a Warriors fan? Or you were a Celtics fan yesterday morning and then a Warriors fan again yesterday afternoon and then a Celtics fan again now?

A nightmare for you? Think about how I feel. I was banned off the GB for an entire year for using a Lebron nickname that I've seen posted hundreds of times, including many times after I was banned, without any action being taken against anyone. So, whenever I get bullied here it makes me question if it's personal.

I had nothing to do with your ban from the GB. Your user account is packed with 57 notes, warnings and strikes from dozens of mods across all of RGM. You got 5 strikes on the GB and that comes with an automatic ban.

As mods we try to be patient and impartial but when we find ourselves spending 99% of our time moderating the same 1% of posters it kinda sticks in our mind and becomes super annoying, unfortunately. So maybe stop posting garbage and it would solve the problem for all involved.

All that said, if you stop responding to me I'll happy to do the same and move on with enjoying my day. I have no idea what you're getting out of pretending to be a Celtics fan but do your thing I guess.

Why is this information being posted publicly?
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,590

Post#1643 » by brackdan70 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:11 pm

Riverwalk2021 wrote:Joe is probably a bottom 5 coach in the NBA. He was a bottom 2 coach last season. So I am happy he is improving.

Any kind of metric or qualitative analysis to support that? Or just your opinion.
Sign here
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,922

Post#1644 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:21 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
Riverwalk2021 wrote:Joe is probably a bottom 5 coach in the NBA. He was a bottom 2 coach last season. So I am happy he is improving.

Any kind of metric or qualitative analysis to support that? Or just your opinion.

Last year he finished 3rd in Coach of the Year voting.
This year he finished 4th.

Maybe he really is getting worse.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,484

Post#1645 » by Gant » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:32 pm

Read on Twitter
jinx8402
Sophomore
And1: 120

Post#1646 » by jinx8402 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:25 pm

Read on Twitter
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,511

Post#1647 » by Fierce1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:35 pm

It's very clear some of the Cs fans here do not understand Joe.

Celtic record will not be what it is if it's true Joe is as bad as some here keep saying.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,604

Post#1648 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu May 2, 2024 6:41 am

Read on Twitter
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,511

Post#1649 » by Fierce1 » Thu May 2, 2024 7:26 am

Maybe Joe uploads everything into the heads of the players using telepathy. :lol:
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,225

Post#1650 » by doogie_hauser » Thu May 2, 2024 7:34 am

Read on Twitter

Lovely gesture from Joe.

Mike will be sorely missed.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,246

Post#1651 » by Hal14 » Thu May 2, 2024 1:11 pm

3 straight blowout wins. The Joe haters have been awfully quiet lately.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,359

Post#1652 » by fallguy » Thu May 2, 2024 1:25 pm

Hal14 wrote:3 straight blowout wins. The Joe haters have been awfully quiet lately.

The Celtics - the best team in the league - crushed a mediocre G-League roster. Clearly Joe is a genius.
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#1653 » by Homerclease » Thu May 2, 2024 1:25 pm

Hal14 wrote:3 straight blowout wins. The Joe haters have been awfully quiet lately.

Yet instead of being happy about that, here you are once again provoking people who don’t share your opinion.

They did what they were supposed to do against an 8 seed missing half of their rotation. Good.
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,359

Post#1654 » by fallguy » Thu May 2, 2024 1:29 pm

Homerclease wrote:

Yet instead of being happy about that, here you are once again provoking people who don’t share your opinion.

They did what they were supposed to do against an 8 seed missing half of their rotation. Good.

Yeah, good point. Hal made a trash post baiting people to argue with him. Same with when a certain other person is constantly baiting the entire board. It's basically spam.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,246

Post#1655 » by Hal14 » Thu May 2, 2024 1:34 pm

fallguy wrote:
Homerclease wrote:

Yeah, good point. Hal made a trash post baiting people to argue with him. Same with when a certain other person is constantly baiting the entire boat. It's basically spam.

Oh calm down, you two.

I was just joking around because there was a bunch of people trashing Mazzulla after we lost game 2 but then we win 3 straight blowouts and they're nowhere to be found (good natured ribbing, mainly directed at Big J and Bruhinono)

Lighten up.

You could've just ignored my post.

I don't want an argument. I'm not that Hal anymore.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Homerclease
RealGM

Post#1656 » by Homerclease » Thu May 2, 2024 1:40 pm

Hal14 wrote:
fallguy wrote:
Homerclease wrote:Yet instead of being happy about that, here you are once again provoking people who don’t share your opinion.

Yeah, good point. Hal made a trash post baiting people to argue with him. Same with when a certain other person is constantly baiting the entire boat. It's basically spam.

Oh calm down, you two.

I was just joking around because there was a bunch of people trashing Mazzulla after we lost game 2 but then we win 3 straight blowouts and they're nowhere to be found.

Lighten up.

You could've just ignored my post.

I don't want an argument. I'm not that Hal anymore.

People trashed him after game two because he did a lousy job and deserved it.

Why would people trash the coach after blowout wins? Nevermind the fact that beating the 8 seeded heat team is far from the goal of this entire season. Joe doesn’t deserve any praise for guiding a 64 win team by an 8 seed. We’re well beyond that.
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,484

Post#1657 » by Gant » Thu May 2, 2024 3:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Joe Mazzulla makes savvy move to fuel Celtics Game 5 rout vs. Heat

The Heat made the decision after Game 1 to have Bam Adebayo spend a lot more time defending Jayson Tatum. That trend continued out of the gate in Game 5 where Adebayo was the All-Star primary defender.

Mazzulla saw this tactic and made a point of emphasis to use it against the Heat particularly well in Game 5. Miami has no meaningful rim protection and plenty of subpar defenders when Adebayo is otherwise occupied out of the paint. So Boston made a point to keep Tatum far away from offensive actions in the early part of the first quarter.

With Tatum on the other side of the floor or outside the arc, Adebayo’s ability to be a help defender was thwarted constantly. It’s hard to get across the floor as is and leaving Tatum open is not really an option. Mazzulla and to his credit, Tatum, were happy to take Adebayo out of the equation and let Boston’s supporting cast feast against what was left of Miami’s defense.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2024/05/joe-mazzulla-makes-savvy-move-to-fuel-celtics-game-5-rout-vs-heat-robb.html
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,543

Post#1658 » by shackles10 » Thu May 2, 2024 4:18 pm

Gant wrote:
Read on Twitter

Joe Mazzulla makes savvy move to fuel Celtics Game 5 rout vs. Heat

The Heat made the decision after Game 1 to have Bam Adebayo spend a lot more time defending Jayson Tatum. That trend continued out of the gate in Game 5 where Adebayo was the All-Star primary defender.

Mazzulla saw this tactic and made a point of emphasis to use it against the Heat particularly well in Game 5. Miami has no meaningful rim protection and plenty of subpar defenders when Adebayo is otherwise occupied out of the paint. So Boston made a point to keep Tatum far away from offensive actions in the early part of the first quarter.

With Tatum on the other side of the floor or outside the arc, Adebayo’s ability to be a help defender was thwarted constantly. It’s hard to get across the floor as is and leaving Tatum open is not really an option. Mazzulla and to his credit, Tatum, were happy to take Adebayo out of the equation and let Boston’s supporting cast feast against what was left of Miami’s defense.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2024/05/joe-mazzulla-makes-savvy-move-to-fuel-celtics-game-5-rout-vs-heat-robb.html

That's probably the biggest strength in roster creation for Brad in giving Joe these tools is we have a counter to almost everything when healthy. Want to take your best defender out of the paint to "shut down" Tatum, sure ok we'll just move him away from the play and let everyone else beat you and they're capable. Go zone and we'll go middle with KP. Pack the paint and we're happy taking 60 3's with capable shooters. Take away the 3 and we'll drive with capable players and then still probably kick to shooters that get open when you are forced to help. Want to switch everything and we'll hunt the mismatch. Don't switch anything and we'll get open shots (especially 3's) with screens. In previous season's we didn't have that because we didn't have KP and Jrue, White wasn't utilized like he is, and Hauser hadn't come into his own as much. The first 2 things are Brad, but the last 2 are at least partly Joe.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,539

Post#1659 » by bisme37 » Fri May 3, 2024 6:41 pm

Mazzulla Part 2! Son Of Mazzulla!

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,604

Post#1660 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat May 4, 2024 11:37 am

Read on Twitter

Translation: Brad Stevens is a genius and I will die protecting his vision.

Return to Boston Celtics