ImageImageImage

Joe Mazzulla Thread, Head Coach – (COTM, Dec 2023 & March 2024)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,449

Re: Joe Mazzulla Thread, Head Coach – (COTM, Dec 2023 & March 2024) 

Post#1621 » by Big J » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:33 pm

bisme37 wrote:
Big J wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Pat Riley stuck with John Starks in Game 7 of the 1994 Finals and it cost Riley a championship.

Starks went 2-18 FGs in that Game 7.

It's easier said than done.

We're not the ones who will go to work with KP everyday.

Benching KP would do more harm than good in the long run.

KP is allowed to have a bad game once in a while.

I mean, I get going down with your stars, but KP is a role player. He has a history of playing poorly in the playoffs. This isn’t benching Jason or Jaylen. Hell, the Warriors benched Draymond Green in the finals against us. This team isn’t going to win a damn thing if we’re worried about hurting the 4th or 5th guy’s feelings.

Hey man so you're just getting a laugh out of pretending to be a Celtics fan for the last 16 hours or what's going on here?

You've been one of the preeminent Celtics haters on the GB for the last 5+ years and now you're over here making threads and comments about "we" and "us."

So I’m a hater now because I am critical of the team? Wtf
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,005

Post#1622 » by bisme37 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:36 pm

Big J wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
Big J wrote:I mean, I get going down with your stars, but KP is a role player. He has a history of playing poorly in the playoffs. This isn’t benching Jason or Jaylen. Hell, the Warriors benched Draymond Green in the finals against us. This team isn’t going to win a damn thing if we’re worried about hurting the 4th or 5th guy’s feelings.

Hey man so you're just getting a laugh out of pretending to be a Celtics fan for the last 16 hours or what's going on here?

You've been one of the preeminent Celtics haters on the GB for the last 5+ years and now you're over here making threads and comments about "we" and "us."

So I’m a hater now because I am critical of Joe? Wtf

I'd have no problem with you joining the conversation. It's just why are you pretending to be a Celtics fan?

I'm pretty sure the first Celtics game you've ever watched in your life was the Finals series vs GSW. Because you're a Warriors fan. And you crowed about it nonstop on the GB when the Celtics lost.

Now you're bringing that series up as if you're a Celtics fan. Why lie?
Big J
General Manager

Post#1623 » by Big J » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:38 pm

bisme37 wrote:
Big J wrote:
bisme37 wrote:

I'd have no problem with you joining the conversation. It's just why are you pretending to be a Celtics fan?

I'm pretty sure the first Celtics game you've ever watched in your life was the Finals series vs GSW. Because you're a Warriors fan. And you crowed about it nonstop on the GB when the Celtics lost.

Why do you care and why are you stalking my posts? I can be a fan of whatever team I want. You seem to be the one who has a problem with it.

Ok bye.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,227

Post#1624 » by Fierce1 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:40 pm

So Big J is pretending to be a Celtic fan?

That's not cool, Big J.
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,858

Post#1625 » by KamikazeK » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

Big J wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
Big J wrote:I mean, I get going down with your stars, but KP is a role player. He has a history of playing poorly in the playoffs. This isn’t benching Jason or Jaylen. Hell, the Warriors benched Draymond Green in the finals against us. This team isn’t going to win a damn thing if we’re worried about hurting the 4th or 5th guy’s feelings.

So I’m a hater now because I am critical of the team? Wtf

To be honest it's crazy to say KP has a history of playing badly in the playoffs. He barely has any playoff history at all
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 90,677

Post#1626 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:03 pm

Is Doc Rivers really any better than Budenholzer? Is Darvin Ham better than Frank Vogel?
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,166

Post#1627 » by fallguy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:08 pm

Hal14 wrote:
fallguy wrote:One silver lining of tonight is nobody will defend Joe around here again.

How is that a good thing? Sounds like you're really biased - just pushing an agenda.

It's one game lol. Relax

We certainly didn't play our best game of the season. But Joe was not the one who was slow to close out on shooters. And it's not Joe's fault that Bam did a million illegal screens that didn't get called.

Joe was the one who was too dumb to switch against a team that can only beat the C's by raining down threes. The adjustment we needed was clear as day. We failed strategically (as well as the bad games by KP, Jrue, etc) and that's 100% on Joe.

Also it's not just one game. It's been lots of games and lots of situations over the last two years. The guy has next to nothing in his arsenal if the original plan doesn't work.
tfmiii
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#1628 » by tfmiii » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:26 pm

One thing I'd like from a coach is to drill into the players's heads that THEY'RE NOT GETTING FOUL CALLS in the PLAYOFFS.

Just play through, don't have a lame shot when you feel contact, don't drive into a crowd unless you're actually going to cram it thru the rim, stop moaning to the refs for bailouts.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,098

Post#1629 » by BK_2020 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:14 pm

tfmiii wrote:One thing I'd like from a coach is to drill into the players's heads that THEY'RE NOT GETTING FOUL CALLS in the PLAYOFFS.

Just play through, don't have a lame shot when you feel contact, don't drive into a crowd unless you're actually going to cram it thru the rim, stop moaning to the refs for bailouts.

Embiid is averaging 15 free throws per game, however.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,705

Post#1630 » by return2glory » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:48 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Red2 wrote:So tell me again why we got Tillman? Thought he was supposed to bring toughness and rebounding. Thought he was supposed to be a better Grant Williams without the attitude? We sure could use some of Grant’s fire right now since this team has none. How does Pritchard play 20 minutes and not take a shot? How do we not take advantage of home court and a chance to go up 2-0 against an injured team?? Wtf Joe!! You had to know they were going to try and shut down our complimentary players. What was YOUR game plan Joe? Hope that they miss? Was that it? Why didnt we attack them
Instead of sitting back and being too cool for school once again

Tillman was acquired mainly for emergency purposes.

If KP or Al gets injured then that's where Tillman comes in.

Cs made it clear what they were looking for before the trade deadline and that was a big man who can step in if KP and Al are hurt.

Yes and no. Tillman started in the playoffs last year against the Lakers and defended AD really well. A good coach would see that and remember that and find minutes for him against Bam. Even if it's 8-10 minutes a game.
tfmiii
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#1631 » by tfmiii » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:00 am

BK_2020 wrote:
tfmiii wrote:One thing I'd like from a coach is to drill into the players's heads that THEY'RE NOT GETTING FOUL CALLS in the PLAYOFFS.

Embiid is averaging 15 free throws per game, however.

Oh, I understand, I just don't think our players should go into any possession thinking their going to get a whistle if they do X, Y, Z.

If it happens, great!

But we can't rely upon the bailout whistle like Embiid (or Harden once upon a time)

Too often they try to fish for them and then waste time bitching when it's play on.

Hadn't you expressed concern before regarding JT hunting whistles to the detriment of his game?
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,227

Post#1632 » by Fierce1 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:03 am

return2glory wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Red2 wrote:So tell me again why we got Tillman? Thought he was supposed to bring toughness and rebounding. Thought he was supposed to be a better Grant Williams without the attitude? We sure could use some of Grant’s fire right now since this team has none. How does Pritchard play 20 minutes and not take a shot? How do we not take advantage of home court and a chance to go up 2-0 against an injured team?? Wtf Joe!! You had to know they were going to try and shut down our complimentary players. What was YOUR game plan Joe? Hope that they miss? Was that it? Why didnt we attack them
Instead of sitting back and being too cool for school once again

Tillman was acquired mainly for emergency purposes.

If KP or Al gets injured then that's where Tillman comes in.

Cs made it clear what they were looking for before the trade deadline and that was a big man who can step in if KP and Al are hurt.

Yes and no. Tillman started in the playoffs last year against the Lakers and defended AD really well. A good coach would see that and remember that and find minutes for him against Bam. Even if it's 8-10 minutes a game.

Before the trade deadline, that was what Brad said, they just need another big man in case of an emergency.

Regarding Joe using Tillman, it's Joe's show.
There's really nothing we can do about it.

In Game 3, Joe went with Kornet instead of Tillman.

Agree with you that Tillman really defended AD well.
That's where I really first knew about Tillman.

Guess we'll just have to enjoy the ride.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,458

Post#1633 » by Captain_Caveman » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:59 am

bisme37 wrote:
Big J wrote:
bisme37 wrote:

Come on, man.

In part of my mind, anyone from outside of 128 isn't a "real" Celtics fan, but I make do.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,556

Post#1634 » by 165bows » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:06 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
Big J wrote:

Come on, man.

In part of my mind, anyone from outside of 128 isn't a "real" Celtics fan, but I make do.

Def a thing about 128 but what about Zoya/Constable lol.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1635 » by bisme37 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:28 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
Big J wrote:

Come on, man.

I wasn't accusing him of not being a good enough or "real" Celtics fan. I'm straight up saying he's not a Celtics fan and has been over here trolling our board for the last 4 days. I'm familiar with his work.

Part of me wants to quote his Celtics-related comment history from the GB and other boards as evidence but I suppose you can do that yourself if you're interested.
Big J
General Manager

Post#1636 » by Big J » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:45 pm

bisme37 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
bisme37 wrote:

Come on, man.

I wasn't accusing him of not being a good enough or "real" Celtics fan. I'm straight up saying he's not a Celtics fan and has been over here trolling our board for the last 4 days. I'm familiar with his work.

Part of me wants to quote his Celtics-related comment history from the GB and other boards as evidence but I suppose you can do that yourself if you're interested.

Gatekeeping team fandom isn't cool bro.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1637 » by bisme37 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:05 pm

Big J wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
Come on, man.

After years of dealing with you on the GB I have to admit it's a legit nightmare of mine to find you over here now lmao. I guess you're running out of boards you're still allowed to post on?

I'm not gatekeeping fandom. I'm gatekeeping the Celtics forum. It's my job.

I am still resisting the urge to post some of your greatest hits of Celtics hating and trolling over recent seasons but let me just ask... were you a Celtics fan yesterday when you were posting on the Warriors board about how you're a Warriors fan? Or you were a Celtics fan yesterday morning and then a Warriors fan again yesterday afternoon and then a Celtics fan again now?
Big J
General Manager

Post#1638 » by Big J » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:27 pm

bisme37 wrote:
Big J wrote:
bisme37 wrote:

After years of dealing with you on the GB I have to admit it's a legit nightmare of mine to find you over here now lmao. I guess you're running out of boards you're still allowed to post on?

I am still resisting the urge to post some of your greatest hits of Celtics hating and trolling over recent seasons but let me just ask... were you a Celtics fan yesterday when you were posting on the Warriors board about how you're a Warriors fan? Or you were a Celtics fan yesterday morning and then a Warriors fan again yesterday afternoon and then a Celtics fan again now?

A nightmare for you? Think about how I feel. I was banned off the GB for an entire year for using a Lebron nickname that I've seen posted hundreds of times, including many times after I was banned, without any action being taken against anyone. So, whenever I get bullied here it makes me question if it's personal.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1639 » by bisme37 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:57 pm

Big J wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
Big J wrote:

A nightmare for you? Think about how I feel. I was banned off the GB for an entire year for using a Lebron nickname that I've seen posted hundreds of times, including many times after I was banned, without any action being taken against anyone. So, whenever I get bullied here it makes me question if it's personal.

I had nothing to do with your ban from the GB. Your user account is packed with 57 notes, warnings and strikes from dozens of mods across all of RGM. You got 5 strikes on the GB and that comes with an automatic ban.

As mods we try to be patient and impartial but when we find ourselves spending 99% of our time moderating the same 1% of posters it kinda sticks in our mind and becomes super annoying, unfortunately. So maybe stop posting garbage and it would solve the problem for all involved.

All that said, if you stop responding to me I'll happy to do the same and move on with enjoying my day. I have no idea what you're getting out of pretending to be a Celtics fan but do your thing I guess.
Riverwalk2021
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,553

Post#1640 » by Riverwalk2021 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:15 pm

Joe is probably a bottom 5 coach in the NBA. He was a bottom 2 coach last season. So I am happy he is improving.

Return to Boston Celtics