ImageImageImage

Luke "Green Kornet" Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,329

Re: Luke "Green Kornet" Thread 

Post#261 » by brackdan70 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:11 pm

Below is the list of back up centers in the NBA that are better than the Green Kornet.

Al Horford

-
Sign here
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,607

Post#262 » by playa-hater » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:28 am

celtxman wrote:I'll be curious to see if he ever can (is allowed) to shoot from the outside. He started with the Knicks shooting 3-4:three pointers a game. Then he regressed to the point that he stopped shooting. The man clearly can shoot, but is left alone even at 15 feet.

Even if he was a better shooter from three, why would we want him doing that. He is clearly getting most of his baskets rolling to the rim and finishing when not covered.. He seems to cut just at the right time.. If he's standing on a three point line none of that happens..

Offensively he is fine the way he is.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#263 » by brackdan70 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:21 am

playa-hater wrote:
celtxman wrote:I'll be curious to see if he ever can (is allowed) to shoot from the outside. He started with the Knicks shooting 3-4:three pointers a game. Then he regressed to the point that he stopped shooting. The man clearly can shoot, but is left alone even at 15 feet.

Even if he was a better shooter from three, why would we want him doing that. He is clearly getting most of his baskets rolling to the rim and finishing when not covered.. He seems to cut just at the right time.. If he's standing on a three point line none of that happens..

Yeah if he starts shooting and making threes he becomes a pretty expensive player also. Shhh.
Sign here
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,718

Post#264 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:10 am

brackdan70 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

Yeah if he starts shooting and making threes he becomes a pretty expensive player also. Shhh.

1. Depends on defensive adjustments.

2. If Kornet and Porzingis are on the court together, Kornet won't be the best inside/post player on the floor.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,946

Post#265 » by BK_2020 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:13 am

Kornet and Porzingis have played only 91 possessions together but the Celtics are + 34 per 100 possessions when they do.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,534

Post#266 » by 165bows » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:54 pm

brackdan70 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

It’s weird how some guys develop a three point shot over time while some guys seems to have a glimmer of potential then it totally disappears.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#267 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:54 pm

brackdan70 wrote:Below is the list of back up centers in the NBA that are better than the Green Kornet.

Al Horford

-

Bobby Portis?
Draymond Green?
Naz Reid?
Walker Kessler?
Andre Drummond?
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,462

Post#268 » by celtxman » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:18 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

1. Depends on defensive adjustments.

2. If Kornet and Porzingis are on the court together, Kornet won't be the best inside/post player on the floor.

Exactly. It's not really about going way out of the way to do things - have Kornet work on it in practices and being told to take the shot.
Brad Stevens on fans who want the Celtics to tank: "I don’t think they’ll like me all that much then."
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#269 » by brackdan70 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:27 pm

brackdan70 wrote:Below is the list of back up centers in the NBA that are better than the Green Kornet.

Al Horford

-

Bobby Portis?
Draymond Green?
Naz Reid?
Walker Kessler?
Andre Drummond?

Any of those guys TS% over .700 with excellent defence?
Sign here
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,164

Post#270 » by Hal14 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:39 pm

Al Horford

-

Bobby Portis?
Draymond Green?
Naz Reid?
Walker Kessler?
Andre Drummond?

Portis is more of a forward than a center I think - that one is iffy.

Draymond is not a backup center.

I'd also probably add Okongwu, Hartenstein, Wendell Carter Jr and probably Zach Collins and Theis.

Kornet is solid for a 3rd string big, though.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#271 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:56 pm

Hal14 wrote:

Al Horford

-

Bobby Portis?
Draymond Green?
Naz Reid?
Walker Kessler?
Andre Drummond?

Portis is more of a forward than a center I think - that one is iffy.

Draymond is not a backup center.

I'd also probably add Okongwu, Hartenstein, Wendell Carter Jr and probably Zach Collins and Theis.

Kornet is solid for a 3rd string big, though.

My bad. Draymond has already returned to the starting lineup.
doogie_hauser
Senior
And1: 801

Post#272 » by doogie_hauser » Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:22 am

I love him..
His last few months have really been critical, if not essential, when we have missed or needed to rest Porzingis.

He has really seized his opportunity by the proverbial and has earned the trust and faith of his more talented and celebrated teammates.

Joe and Brad also deserve a Ton of credit for believing in the lad, even when most of us (including myself sadly) didn't previously

Keep on punching Green Kornet
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,534

Post#273 » by 165bows » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:11 pm

doogie_hauser wrote:I love him..
His last few months have really been critical, if not essential, when we have missed or needed to rest Porzingis.

He has really seized his opportunity by the proverbial and has earned the trust and faith of his more talented and celebrated teammates.

Joe and Brad also deserve a Ton of credit for believing in the lad, even when most of us (including myself sadly) didn't previously

Funny part is it has been easy to believe in this guy since two years ago Brad was like “we really like this guy.”

So when 2/3 of the board insisted he was getting cut every month it didn’t quite match up.
Edit: truly odd part was Kornet is the one guy they stopped shooting threes. Kornet used to have a 35% Fg% and put up threes like he was Steph Curry. Now his FG% has literally doubled since landing in Boston and all he does is take lobs like he stole Rob Williams’ old locker.
Half-Full
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,127

Post#274 » by Half-Full » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:39 pm

doogie_hauser wrote:I love him..

This.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,150

Post#275 » by Shak_Celts » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:01 am

I gave up on korny 50-11 times! He has far exceeded my expectations but I have been on board this season because he hasn’t had any bad games in forever. If you keep playing well you deserve praise! He’s been on a tear!! I hope he holds up in the playoffs!!

Feel the same when Pritchard plays well and don’t really care when he has an off game because everybody does… even though I’d trade him for Caruso… Pritchard has performed really well!

Brad has really done well with bringing in a great team to develop them and Hauser. I hope it bodes well for all the 2nd rounders we’ll have to have over the next few years! I hope it means Davison and Walsh will be gems in the future too!
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,986

Post#276 » by jfs1000d » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:29 am

Think about players we have developed. PP, Kornet, Hauser. That is essentially the Boston bench, and it is cheap. Davidson and Spri get fight it out next year and I expect Walsh to move join Syvi’s spot.

Walsh is essentially a first rounder guys. He stays at Arkansas he has a great year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Re: Luke 

Post#277 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:57 pm

jfs1000d wrote:Think about players we have developed. PP, Kornet, Hauser. That is essentially the Boston bench, and it is cheap. Davidson and Spri get fight it out next year and I expect Walsh to move join Syvi’s spot.

Walsh is essentially a first rounder guys. He stays at Arkansas he has a great year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than Sixth Man Al, of course. And Tillman.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,607

Post#278 » by playa-hater » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:09 pm

Kornet has really improved himself with making an impact for Boston. Especially with his timely cuts to the rim. Almost to the point I will trust him in the playoffs if he has to play some. There are certain things he can still bring to the table at that time.

With that said, even with Kornet's recent play, I would still have more confidence with Tillman coming off the bench before Kornet in the playoffs. And I am still concerned that Tillman isn't getting enough "reps" to be totally comfortable with our main rotation.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 90,078

Post#279 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:29 pm

Read on Twitter
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,150

Post#280 » by Shak_Celts » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:06 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

The only issue I have with Luke (not him really) is when I see or write too many K words in succession. Kornet Kontest bothers something in me, one more word and I'd try to ban the use :o :D :lol:

I do love it when it's used because it means it was probably successful! He doesn't do it nearly as much this season but I thought it helped the few times he did it last game (only one 3 hit that I kinda remember... I think).
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)

Return to Boston Celtics