ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston, Kristaps Porzingis!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Re: Welcome to Boston, Kristaps Porzingis! 

Post#601 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Dec 7, 2023 9:11 pm

Read on Twitter

░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#602 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Dec 8, 2023 8:57 am

Read on Twitter
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#603 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:02 am

Read on Twitter
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,287

Post#604 » by KillahGhostface » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:11 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not bad for a stick figure underachiever who lacks toughness.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#605 » by ConstableGeneva » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:16 am

Disclaimer: This isn't me complaining. Happy with our record and where the team is at. BUT they should keep finding ways to improve. In the case below (and with JT's pullups), I think they can improve their offensive efficiency a bit more.

Read on Twitter

Why is this even happening? He has so much talent around him. He's currently shooting the worst 3FG% among main rotation players.

Shouldn't he be mostly open on his threes? Or is the difficulty tightly connected to them being ATBs and being a few feet from the arc?
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,883

Post#606 » by BK_2020 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:17 pm

That's a good company to be in though.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Post#607 » by 165bows » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:47 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:Disclaimer: This isn't me complaining. Happy with our record and where the team is at. BUT they should keep finding ways to improve. In the case below (and with JT's pullups), I think they can improve their offensive efficiency a bit more.

Read on Twitter

Why is this even happening? He has so much talent around him. He's currently shooting the worst 3FG% among main rotation players.

Shouldn't he be mostly open on his threes? Or is the difficulty tightly connected to them being ATBs and being a few feet from the arc?

I think this can be filed under "Celtics plan to flirt with best record in the league while treating the regular season like training camp."

My guess is that's partly it.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,317

Post#608 » by hugepatsfan » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:19 pm

Is there a minimum shot attempts qualifier on that stat? How many centers even take 3s? And even further, how many of the centers that take 3s even take a high volume of them?

Anecdotally, I'd imagine that the vast majority of centers don't take any 3s at all. So they don't even factor into that list. And then there's another group of centers who occasionally take 3s but only if they're wiiiiiiiiiiide open. And those would be considered high shot quality 3s which would push the actual "real" shooting centers like the guys from that list down in shot quality.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,285

Post#609 » by brackdan70 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:30 pm

.651 TS%. That’s pretty good. Keep chuckin’ it big fella!!!
Sign here
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#610 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:02 am

hugepatsfan wrote:Is there a minimum shot attempts qualifier on that stat? How many centers even take 3s? And even further, how many of the centers that take 3s even take a high volume of them?

Anecdotally, I'd imagine that the vast majority of centers don't take any 3s at all. So they don't even factor into that list. And then there's another group of centers who occasionally take 3s but only if they're wiiiiiiiiiiide open. And those would be considered high shot quality 3s which would push the actual "real" shooting centers like the guys from that list down in shot quality.

Read on Twitter
JaMarco
Rookie
And1: 659

Post#611 » by JaMarco » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:27 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:Disclaimer: This isn't me complaining. Happy with our record and where the team is at. BUT they should keep finding ways to improve. In the case below (and with JT's pullups), I think they can improve their offensive efficiency a bit more.

Read on Twitter

It's because he almost always shoots 3s way behind the 3pt line unnecessarily.
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#612 » by brackdan70 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:35 am

JaMarco wrote:

Read on Twitter

Got to stretch that floor.
Sign here
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#613 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:44 am

brackdan70 wrote:
JaMarco wrote:

Read on Twitter

The threat of him being able to shoot from there is enough to stretch the floor. Doesn't need to take so many contested ATBs few feet away from the line. His ATB shot frequency is way above league average (probably more considering he's a big). Look at his efficiency in the paint and restricted area. That's where he should make his living. Frequency there is about average relative to rest of league (probably less considering he's a big).

JaMarco
Rookie
And1: 659

Post#614 » by JaMarco » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:48 am

brackdan70 wrote:
JaMarco wrote:

Read on Twitter

He can do that on the line though.
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#615 » by brackdan70 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:55 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
JaMarco wrote:It's because he almost always shoots 3s way behind the 3pt line unnecessarily.

The threat of him being able to shoot from there is enough to stretch the floor. Doesn't need to take so many contested ATBs few feet away from the line. His ATB shot frequency is way above league average (probably more considering he's a big). Look at his efficiency in the paint and restricted area. That's where he should make his living. Frequency there is about average relative to rest of league (probably less considering he's a big).

A unicorn is not going to be hedged in by your old school sideboards.
Sign here
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#616 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:03 am

brackdan70 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:Got to stretch that floor.

A unicorn is not going to be hedged in by your old school sideboards.

Just as long as I don't hear any more about "make-or-miss league", "shot variance", or "shooting luck" in the playoffs.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#617 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:45 pm

Read on Twitter
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,865

Post#618 » by Larry_Russell » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:02 pm

This is my favorite version of the Celtics so far I think.

Such likeable guys on the team.

I miss Marcus, love that guy.

But I also love having White and KP and Jrue on this team. All such incredibly likeable guys. Tatum is awesome. Al is a super likeable guy.

This team is very tight you can tell as well.
bfchs123
Senior
And1: 1,442

Post#619 » by bfchs123 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:23 pm

It's pretty simple - when KP is playing the team is dramatically better. Was the same way with Rob - defense has great individual pieces but you need someone who is not a stiff to provide rim protection to put it all together. Helps that KP is also an elite offensive player so just gives us that much more to work with.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,938

Post#620 » by SuperDeluxe » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:22 am

Is there an update on KP's ankle? I haven't been able to find anything in the usual places.

Return to Boston Celtics