ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston, Neemias Queta! – Converted to NBA Contract (Apr 8, 2024)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

Re: Welcome to Boston, Neemias Queta! 

Post#301 » by Parliament10 » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:43 am

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/01/checking-in-on-nba-roster-openings-deadlines.html
The deadline to sign a player to a two-way contract won’t arrive until March 4, so there’s no urgency for these clubs to fill their openings right away. But the prorated portion of a two-way salary is such a minor financial commitment for an NBA franchise that we may see these teams bring in a new two-way player sooner rather than later, even if they’re not certain he’ll hold that spot for the rest of the season.

I think that we Convert Queta by this date, and sign another Two-Way.
It's either that, or wait until just before the Playoffs and Convert him, w/o replacing him with an additional Two-Way.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,325

Post#302 » by Gant » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:01 pm

Read on Twitter
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#303 » by Parliament10 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:06 pm

Gant wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's weird. ESPN only has him as played in 22 Games this year.
Maybe it has to do with the ones that he was Available for, but didn't play?
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Gant
General Manager

Post#304 » by Gant » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:08 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Gant wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah I think it's games on the active list.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#305 » by Parliament10 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 4:18 pm

Gant wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
Gant wrote:
Read on Twitter

12 Games. Hmmm. Well, Convert him before March 4th, and we can still get someone to fill his Two-Way.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#306 » by Parliament10 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:06 am

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,156

Post#307 » by Hal14 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:14 am

Parliament10 wrote:
Gant wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:That's weird. ESPN only has him as played in 22 Games this year.

12 Games. Hmmm. Well, Convert him before March 4th, and we can still get someone to fill his Two-Way.

I think Brad is waiting to see if we can possibly get someone better to fill that open roster spot - someone with more NBA experience who could possibly help more in the playoffs.

Perhaps if someone like PJ Tucker, Otto Porter Jr, Chris Boucher or Cedi Osman gets bought out before the end of the month.

If not, then it would probably make sense to convert Queta ..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,692

Post#308 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:28 am

Parliament10 wrote:
Gant wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:That's weird. ESPN only has him as played in 22 Games this year.

To not do that, they need to be very confident Tillman will take his minutes.

For the record, I see nothing wrong with having 3 backup bigs behind Porzingis and Horford, given how good the latter two are on the perimeter, and how fragile their bodies seem to be.

Yes, we have 4 All-Star tier perimeter players, and hence like to start or finish games with all 4 of them on the court. But if all 4 don't happen to be available, there's often nothing wrong with playing 2 bigs and 3 perimeter guys instead. The only counterargument that gives me much pause is the one that says it's really nice to have lineups in which all 5 guys can shoot from the outside.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#309 » by Parliament10 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:38 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
Gant wrote:

To not do that, they need to be very confident Tillman will take his minutes.

For the record, I see nothing wrong with having 3 backup bigs behind Porzingis and Horford, given how good the latter two are on the perimeter, and how fragile their bodies seem to be.

Yes, we have 4 All-Star tier perimeter players, and hence like to start or finish games with all 4 of them on the court. But if all 4 don't happen to be available, there's often nothing wrong with playing 2 bigs and 3 perimeter guys instead. The only counterargument that gives me much pause is the one that says it's really nice to have lineups in which all 5 guys can shoot from the outside.

True, the Backups may be needed anyway, even if the Starters are/were available. I.e.: They could have fouled out, etc.
Also, by the End of the Game, the Backup(s) likely don't have to play a Bulk of the minutes.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Welcome to Boston, Neemias Queta! 

Post#310 » by Parliament10 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:30 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Gant
General Manager

Post#311 » by Gant » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:51 pm

Queta was just great in that game. Westchester didn't have much to resist with, but Queta killed them. Nice touch around the basket. Hit a floater in the lane. Missed his only mid range two. When he runs full force he can sprint. He really was too good for the G league. I think they said that was his all time scoring high in either league. 24 points in I think 25 minutes.
nborrego8
Ballboy
And1: 29

Post#312 » by nborrego8 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:12 pm

Gant wrote:Queta was just great in that game. Westchester didn't have much to resist with, but Queta killed them. Nice touch around the basket. Hit a floater in the lane. Missed his only mid range two. When he runs full force he can sprint. He really was too good for the G league. I think they said that was his all time scoring high in either league. 24 points in I think 25 minutes.

They meant it was his scoring high this season, He has had multiple 30+ point games in the G-league in the previous seasons.

;t=100s
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,921

Post#313 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:34 am

Read on Twitter
Gant
General Manager

Post#314 » by Gant » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:36 pm

Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,713

Post#315 » by Romeiro Celtic » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:36 am

I think Queta is a keeper. He's only 24yo and has a lot of room for improvement. Sure thing he can be a much better 3rd string than Kornet in the near future. He's already doing better than Kornet in 2 less minutes per game and with a better efficiency + he's 04 years younger.

Sure, Luke's a beloved player between the staff and players, but I feel like Neemias is finding his way and is proving to be a solid option for us. I'd bet on him and keep on developing. I think he's done enough to deserve his spot.
Al Horford wrote:Brad Stevens is a genius, man.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,315

Post#316 » by chrisab123 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:43 am

Just convert him already
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,436

Post#317 » by shackles10 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:59 am

Luke is much better, but that’s not a knock on Neemias either, as Luke has become very underrated. I could see value in having Neemias as a Luke replacement though if Luke became too expensive as soon as next season and is 5 years older than Queta.
doogie_hauser
Senior
And1: 788

Post#318 » by doogie_hauser » Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:10 am

shackles10 wrote:Luke is much better, but that’s not a knock on Neemias either, as Luke has become very underrated. I could see value in having Neemias as a Luke replacement though if Luke became too expensive as soon as next season and is 5 years older than Queta.

Would love both in our playoff roster (Luke has been. Surprisingly decent in his backup role this season) hit going forwards, Q-Man should be our big guy off the bench, feel like he is a less offensively sound Time Lord but with much healthier/better knees.

Another shrewd signing by Brad.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,549

Post#319 » by playa-hater » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:23 pm

shackles10 wrote:Luke is much better, but that’s not a knock on Neemias either, as Luke has become very underrated. I could see value in having Neemias as a Luke replacement though if Luke became too expensive as soon as next season and is 5 years older than Queta.

Not sure about this. Some have underrated Luke while others may have overrated him. Luke offensively speaking has found his groove filling in the open spots on cutting ect. But he is the most "drop coverage" center we have, and that I believe will make him near unplayable come playoffs.

I believe Queta may or may not suffer long term from Theis Itis ( he does seemingly have it now). If he can avoid that issue long term he is the better talent. If not.... He still has nice ceiling for smaller roles.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,883

Post#320 » by BK_2020 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:36 pm

playa-hater wrote:

Not sure about this. Some have underrated Luke while others may have overrated him. Luke offensively speaking has found his groove filling in the open spots on cutting ect. But he is the most "drop coverage" center we have, and that I believe will make him near unplayable come playoffs.

I believe Queta may or may not suffer long term from Theis Itis ( he does seemingly have it now). If he can avoid that issue long term he is the better talent. If not.... He still has nice ceiling for smaller roles.

He's the 2nd most "drop coverage" center we have. Queta is the first.

Return to Boston Celtics