ImageImageImage

Welcome Jrue Holiday! (Signs Extension: 4yrs/$135M)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,315

Re: Welcome Jrue Holiday! (Acquired for Rob W, Brogdon, Picks) 

Post#521 » by chrisab123 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:46 pm

Any reason as to why he hasn't been extended yet?
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,912

Post#522 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:06 pm

chrisab123 wrote:Any reason as to why he hasn't been extended yet?

CBA won’t allow it. Earliest would be April I think, six months after he got traded to Boston.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,397

Post#523 » by Homerclease » Sun Mar 3, 2024 1:46 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=2r3K1qCL2UmIu9zb8OVdDw
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,912

Post#524 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Mar 4, 2024 4:39 pm

Read on Twitter
Smart2Nesmith43
Sixth Man
And1: 4,188

Post#525 » by Smart2Nesmith43 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:23 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

If he doesn't three-peat as the winner of the teammate of the year award, we riot.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Post#526 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Please let his shooting carry over into the playoffs. :pray:
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,156

Post#527 » by Hal14 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:09 pm

Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

If he doesn't three-peat as the winner of the teammate of the year award, we riot.

I'm fine if Jrue gets it. But I think Al should get strong consideration.

All the guys on the team are always talking about how great of a teammate he is. Tatum has mentioned it, so has JB. Walsh said how Al took him under his wing during training camp. Tillman has said that once he got traded here Al has showed him the ropes. And even though it's an award for this season and not an entire career, we've seen interview clips this season where former celtics Baynes and Theis have talked about how great of a teammate he was, how he helped them out once they joined the celtics, taught them what it takes to be an NBA player, etc.

Not to mention how he accepted a move to the bench this season..while also being able to keep shifting back and forth between 6th man and starter when 1 of our starters is out..not easy to keep going back and forth between starter and bench..he's done it seamlessly and without any complaints.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#528 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:46 am

Jrue among elite company...

snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,523

Post#529 » by snowman » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:59 am

What do you think Holiday's extension will look like? Will he pick up his option, or will Brad offer a more friendly team contract with more years. Would Holiday go for something like that.

Brad would not let him walk after giving up so much in the trade for him, at least I hope not anyway. I could see both sides being happy with Holiday declining his option but signing a 3 for 90 deal. 35/30/25 for 3 years maybe.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,882

Post#530 » by BK_2020 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:10 pm

snowman wrote:What do you think Holiday's extension will look like? Will he pick up his option, or will Brad offer a more friendly team contract with more years. Would Holiday go for something like that.

To get him to sign a 3 year extension we'd have to offer close to $30 mil. per, at least over $25 mil. per year covering his age 34-36 years. Maybe Brad can offer him a 2+1 PO with the understanding that he'd then extend after year 2 of that deal for a Horford-like contract covering his ages 37-38 years.
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,523

Post#531 » by snowman » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:12 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
snowman wrote:What do you think Holiday's extension will look like? Will he pick up his option, or will Brad offer a more friendly team contract with more years. Would Holiday go for something like that.

To get him to sign a 3 year extension we'd have to offer close to $30 mil. per, at least over $25 mil. per year covering his age 34-36 years. Maybe Brad can offer him a 2+1 PO with the understanding that he'd then extend after year 2 of that deal for a Horford-like contract covering his ages 37-38 years.

With what he brings to the court, and considering how restricted we would be to try and replace him with the new CBA, I would be fine with 3 for 90 at 30 mil per.
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#532 » by BK_2020 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:21 pm

snowman wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:

With what he brings to the court, and considering how restricted we would be to try and replace him with the new CBA, I would be fine with 3 for 90 at 30 mil per.

Yeah me too. Also I feel his game will age very well as Jrue brings a lot of value with the mental aspects of the game and relies heavily on strength rather than explosive athleticism.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,397

Post#533 » by Homerclease » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:27 pm

snowman wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:

That’s basically what KP extended for yeah? Seems more than reasonable for Jrue
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,156

Post#534 » by Hal14 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:58 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:Jrue among elite company...

He definitely has a shot at making the hall of fame.

Another title this season would help his case..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,435

Post#535 » by shackles10 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:12 pm

Was reading Bleacher Report on the toilet last night and they were discussing reasonable/optimistic/dream free agent signings for each team. Ours were Joe Ingles/Hayward/Drummond. Hardly a dream, but acknowledged our spending limitations so whatever and I wouldn't hate Hayward as a bench wing for cheap. Then I scroll down and make me way to the Spurs (read into the time I spent on the crapper if you want lol) and their "reasonable" option was Jrue?!?!? Their reasoning was if he opts out of his $39M he might want to sign with them for long-term security at 4/$70M?!?!?!? Their optimistic was PG and their dream was Lebron. I know it's BR so we should expect poo, but how in the expletive does that make any sense at all? The Wemby love has gotten out of control.
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#536 » by BK_2020 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:19 pm

shackles10 wrote:Was reading Bleacher Report on the toilet last night and they were discussing reasonable/optimistic/dream free agent signings for each team. Ours were Joe Ingles/Hayward/Drummond. Hardly a dream, but acknowledged our spending limitations so whatever and I wouldn't hate Hayward as a bench wing for cheap. Then I scroll down and make me way to the Spurs (read into the time I spent on the crapper if you want lol) and their "reasonable" option was Jrue?!?!? Their reasoning was if he opts out of his $39M he might want to sign with them for long-term security at 4/$70M?!?!?!? Their optimistic was PG and their dream was Lebron. I know it's BR so we should expect poo, but how in the expletive does that make any sense at all? The Wemby love has gotten out of control.

I think we can beat 4/70.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,435

Post#537 » by shackles10 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:33 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
shackles10 wrote:Was reading Bleacher Report on the toilet last night and they were discussing reasonable/optimistic/dream free agent signings for each team. Ours were Joe Ingles/Hayward/Drummond. Hardly a dream, but acknowledged our spending limitations so whatever and I wouldn't hate Hayward as a bench wing for cheap. Then I scroll down and make me way to the Spurs (read into the time I spent on the crapper if you want lol) and their "reasonable" option was Jrue?!?!? Their reasoning was if he opts out of his $39M he might want to sign with them for long-term security at 4/$70M?!?!?!? Their optimistic was PG and their dream was Lebron. I know it's BR so we should expect poo, but how in the expletive does that make any sense at all? The Wemby love has gotten out of control.

We better lol. No clue how that's long term security either. Take 1 year at almost $40M and the worry is he couldn't get another $30M total in the 3 years after? 4/70 is a discount deal for sure, not a long term security deal, but I don't know why I'm still stuck on this when it's Bleacher Report.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#538 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:01 am

31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,999

Post#539 » by 31to6 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:10 pm

Hal14 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:Jrue among elite company...

He definitely has a shot at making the hall of fame.

Another title this season would help his case..

2x All-Star would set a new low for the HOF, am I right? Or is Ginobili that and there already (will check)

Edit to add: https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob.html
Ginobili was a 2X All Star about BBRef gave him a 20% chance of making the HOF -- he of course did.
Jrue is a 2X All Star and BBref gives him a 0.8% chance of making the HOF -- 42nd among active players. I don't know their formula or their accuracy -- just look at it now and then -- Horford, FWIW, is at 12% (28th among active players) -- put two rings on his fingers and I'd bet it jumps up into Kyle **** Lowry territory! (85% :o )
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Smart2Nesmith43
Sixth Man
And1: 4,188

Post#540 » by Smart2Nesmith43 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:05 pm

shackles10 wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:

We better lol. No clue how that's long term security either. Take 1 year at almost $40M and the worry is he couldn't get another $30M total in the 3 years after? 4/70 is a discount deal for sure, not a long term security deal, but I don't know why I'm still stuck on this when it's Bleacher Report.

A washed up PJ Tucker got 33 millions over 3 years with a player option (and that was with a smaller cap). The notion that Jrue Holiday couldn't beat that after his player option is absolutely ludicrous.

Return to Boston Celtics