ImageImageImage

Jaylen Brown Thread, con't – (New Poll)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who would you prefer on a Jaylen Brown-led Unit? (Post-Trade Deadline)

Holiday/White
32%
Porzingis/Horford
27%
Kornet
No votes
Tillman
9%
Hauser
9%
Pritchard
9%
Mykhailiuk
No votes
Brissett
No votes
Queta
5%
Walsh/Springer
9%

Total votes: 22

Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,928

Re: Jaylen Brown Thread, con't – (Poll is about JB-led Units) 

Post#401 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Mar 4, 2024 8:18 pm

Read on Twitter
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,912

Post#402 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:00 pm

Grats, JB! What a week it was for him. I believe this is his 4th PotW award.
Read on Twitter
Sweet Serenity
Senior
And1: 937

Post#403 » by Sweet Serenity » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:23 pm

Not bad for a guy we’d supposedly be better off without
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,928

Post#404 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:38 pm

I'll be happy if Brown or Tatum or any other Celtics for that matter win Finals MVP Award. That's the one you want.
Birdon
Sophomore
And1: 144

Re: Jaylen Brown Thread, con't – (PotW - Mar 4, 2024) 

Post#406 » by Birdon » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:53 am

Not too shabby for a poor man’s Kevin Gamble and btw, Jrue is nothing compared to Sherman Douglas and his iconic battles against MJ, 0-30. The good ol 90’s.
#7, your 66% FG isn’t good enough, your midrange sucks and your dunks are boring.
Memokerobi
Rookie
And1: 2,316

Post#408 » by Memokerobi » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:47 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/warriors-leaving-jaylen-brown-open-was-a-calculated-strategy-and-celtics-should-be-prepared-to-see-it-again/

I felt the same way. In the Warriors game it went as well as it could for Brown and the Cs so the strategy looked dumb but I would expect to see less aggressive versions of it in the playoffs. He is the worst 3pt shooter on the team so teams will go back to it, luckily his wide open 3p% ranges between 37% and 45% in the past 4 years so the 30% figure this year seems to be an outlier. Hopefully he keeps knocking those down if teams try this strategy
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,764

Post#409 » by KamikazeK » Tue Mar 5, 2024 8:28 pm

He may technically be the worst 3 point shooter in the starting lineup, but that just means the starting lineup is too good to try that kind of crap on. He's gonna feast again if some team tries that in the future.
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,325

Post#410 » by Gant » Tue Mar 5, 2024 8:47 pm

Philly recently tried to take away all three pointers and did. But that backfired as the Celtics pounded the ball inside and hit a great percentage. Plus they got fouled repeatedly, sending Brown, Tatum and Porzingis to the line a ton.

Golden State tried to funnel the three point shots to what they considered a weak link. That could not possibly have failed more spectacularly.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Post#411 » by 165bows » Tue Mar 5, 2024 9:10 pm

Gant wrote:Philly recently tried to take away all three pointers and did. But that backfired as the Celtics pounded the ball inside and hit a great percentage. Plus they got fouled repeatedly, sending Brown, Tatum and Porzingis to the line a ton.

Golden State tried to funnel the three point shots to what they considered a weak link. That could not possibly have failed more spectacularly.

Imo that was pure saving face. They got flat out pounded on both ends, so sagging off Jaylen killed the Warriors offense too? Sour grapes.
Objectivity
Sophomore
And1: 239

Post#412 » by Objectivity » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:25 pm

Strange. The article suggests that NBA coaches watch film and see JB is the weakest link on defense and offense. They must be “hating.”

The smart coaching playoff strategy has ALWAYS been to let JB get 20+ shots and allow him to force as much as possible. The more possessions where JB makes the decisions vs the more cerebral basketball players, increases the odds of the other team winning.

This is why I fear Playoff JB. When scouting report defenses are more precise, we will live or die by his volume attempts.
Sweet Serenity
Senior

Post#413 » by Sweet Serenity » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:44 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:Strange. The article suggests that NBA coaches watch film and see JB is the weakest link on defense and offense. They must be “hating.”

The smart coaching playoff strategy has ALWAYS been to let JB get 20+ shots and allow him to force as much as possible. The more possessions where JB makes the decisions vs the more cerebral basketball players, increases the odds of the other team winning.

This is why I fear Playoff JB. When scouting report defenses are more precise, we will live or die by his volume attempts.

Read on Twitter

It’s quite funny that you abandoned an account & thought that nobody would notice :lol:
Stan34
Senior
And1: 441

Post#414 » by Stan34 » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:49 pm

Objectivity wrote:Strange. The article suggests that NBA coaches watch film and see JB is the weakest link on defense and offense. They must be “hating.”

The year Jaylen didn't play in the playoffs we got smashed by the Nets 4-1 in the first round.

Inviato dal mio BAH2-W19 utilizzando Tapatalk
Sweet Serenity
Senior

Post#415 » by Sweet Serenity » Tue Mar 5, 2024 10:59 pm

Career playoff true shooting %
Tatum - 56.9%
Brown - 57.7%

Quite interesting that our supposed “weak link” has a better true shooting percentage for his playoff career than our best player …
Objectivity
Sophomore

Post#416 » by Objectivity » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:20 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:Strange. The article suggests that NBA coaches watch film and see JB is the weakest link on defense and offense. They must be “hating.”

Read on Twitter

It’s quite funny that you abandoned an account & thought that nobody would notice :lol:

I don’t know much about you or the multiple posters others have accused me of being. I understand the JB cult initiation requires abandoning all logic.

But let’s try using logic for a second. A new poster does not worship your lord, for valid BASKETBALL reasons. You can’t compute how it’s possible multiple people don’t worship the ground JB walks on.

Conclusion: JB cult members’ IQ matches JB’s basketball IQ. I’ll continue to ignore the silly accusations and stick to basketball. The paranoid delusions are mildly entertaining, so carry on.

Continue to envision a world where everyone loves JB’s play.
KamikazeK
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,764

Post#417 » by KamikazeK » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:27 am

Objectivity wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:

Read on Twitter

I don’t know much about you or the multiple posters others have accused me of being. I understand the JB cult initiation requires abandoning all logic.

But let’s try using logic for a second. A new poster does not worship your lord, for valid BASKETBALL reasons. You can’t compute how it’s possible multiple people don’t worship the ground JB walks on.

Conclusion: JB cult members’ IQ matches JB’s basketball IQ. I’ll continue to ignore the silly accusations and stick to basketball. The paranoid delusions are mildly entertaining, so carry on.

From my perspective, I don't see any JB cultists but rather Celtics fans who don't irrationally hate JB.
Objectivity
Sophomore

Post#418 » by Objectivity » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:36 am

KamikazeK wrote:
Objectivity wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
Read on Twitter

From my perspective, I don't see any JB cultists but rather Celtics fans who don't irrationally hate JB.

I just hate selfish basketball. Nothing to do with JB. I just enjoy good team ball and wish a player like that was not on my favorite team.

The only true hate I’ve seen on this board has been how people treated Kyrie. Just my opinion alone. Ok switching over to the game. Peace!
Sweet Serenity
Senior

Post#419 » by Sweet Serenity » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:40 am

KamikazeK wrote:
Objectivity wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
Read on Twitter

Bingo.
Sweet Serenity
Senior

Post#420 » by Sweet Serenity » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:41 am

Objectivity wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:

Read on Twitter

Judging by what I just read, you don’t get out much do you ?

Return to Boston Celtics