ImageImageImage

Jaylen Brown Thread, con't – (New Poll)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who would you prefer on a Jaylen Brown-led Unit? (Post-Trade Deadline)

Holiday/White
32%
Porzingis/Horford
27%
Kornet
No votes
Tillman
9%
Hauser
9%
Pritchard
9%
Mykhailiuk
No votes
Brissett
No votes
Queta
5%
Walsh/Springer
9%

Total votes: 22

Objectivity
Sophomore
And1: 239

Re: Jaylen Brown Thread, con't – (PotW - Mar 4, 2024) 

Post#501 » by Objectivity » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 pm

JB got HIS stats, but playoffs are approaching.

It’s time to get serious and focus on TEAM basketball and let the point guards handle the ball the rest of the season.

JB’s role needs to be the 5th option for us to win a championship. (Until we can trade him)

In the Hawks games JB, AGAIN yells at Pritch and gets frustrated when he does not touch the ball for a few possessions. He’s been doing this crap for years and several times this season.

This type of ego impacts team performance. It forces JB into takeover mode. We know the story. Head down. Iso. Pass to someone’s feet if I get stuck.

I’ll still get a “potential assist” for the stat nerds.

The lowest IQ player should not complain about point guards who KYP. Know Your Personal.

JB is AN option not THE option.
Celticfan_N_FL
Analyst
And1: 1,027

Post#502 » by Celticfan_N_FL » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm

Objectivity wrote:JB got HIS stats, but playoffs are approaching.

It’s time to get serious and focus on TEAM basketball and let the point guards handle the ball the rest of the season.

JB’s role needs to be the 5th option for us to win a championship. (Until we can trade him)

In the Hawks games JB, AGAIN yells at Pritch and gets frustrated when he does not touch the ball for a few possessions. He’s been doing this crap for years and several times this season.

This type of ego impacts team performance. It forces JB into takeover mode. We know the story. Head down. Iso. Pass to someone’s feet if I get stuck.

The lowest IQ player should not complain about point guards who KYP. Know Your Personal.

Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,928

Post#503 » by Celts17Pride » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 pm

You need to make a call to CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX etc. they are always looking for sitcom writers.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,436

Post#504 » by shackles10 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:21 pm

A lot to unpack here but how do you know at all that's why JB yells at Pritch? Did we just find PP's burner account??
Objectivity
Sophomore
And1: 239

Post#505 » by Objectivity » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 pm

shackles10 wrote:

A lot to unpack here but how do you know at all that's why JB yells at Pritch? Did we just find PP's burner account??

Did you not watch the last game? I can’t be Pritch’s burner and be the several other posters I’m accused of being at the same time.

Emphasis was on Pritch because White and Holiday did not play vs the hawks, however I’ve been saying JB need to give White the ball and move the hell out the way.

Little things like yelling at X for your dumb turnover are obvious during the game. The opposite of owning it. Been doing this for years.

All entertainment at this point. I’ll have my popcorn out for the playoffs!
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#506 » by shackles10 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 pm

Objectivity wrote:
shackles10 wrote:

Did you not watch the last game? I can’t be Pritch’s burner and be the several other posters I’m accused of being at the same time.

Emphasis was on Pritch because White and Holiday did not play vs the hawks, however I’ve been saying JB need to give White the ball and move the hell out the way.

Little things like yelling at X for your dumb turnover are obvious during the game. The opposite of owning it. Been doing this for years.

The burner comment wasn't serious... just a little jokey joke to go with your popcorn.
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,288

Post#507 » by KillahGhostface » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 pm

I don’t know why y'all bother lol.

There’s no substance there.
Sweet Serenity
Senior
And1: 937

Post#508 » by Sweet Serenity » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:08 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:Objectivity & BK_2020 ..

KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#509 » by KillahGhostface » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:39 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:Objectivity & BK_2020 ..

Gotta be honest, I think lumping them together is silly. BK obviously trolls Jaylen stans, I don’t think he’d deny that. But he posts stats, he brings actual substance to the discussion when he wants to lol.

This other dude?

Stan34
Senior
And1: 441

Post#510 » by Stan34 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:47 am

Objectivity wrote:
shackles10 wrote:

Tonight Jaylen hits two big shots and JT? I'm not an hater, I love Tatum. He is the best player on the team but stop with those nonsense.

Inviato dal mio CPH2399 utilizzando Tapatalk
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,916

Re: Jaylen Brown Thread, con't – (New Poll) 

Post#511 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:31 am

Not my title tee-hee. I just like highlight vids.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#512 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Apr 2, 2024 8:03 pm

Read on Twitter

That's what happens when you have shoot-first mentality hehe.

Him and Porzingis have the highest point per touch on the team.

EDIT: I wanna say he was efficient too, but 58.9% TS% for month of March is right around league average for the season.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

Post#513 » by Parliament10 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 6:35 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#514 » by shackles10 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 7:48 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

James Young with the nod of approval from the bench after one of the plays lol
Stan34
Senior
And1: 441

Post#515 » by Stan34 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 7:52 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

EDIT: I wanna say he was efficient too, but 58.9% TS% for month of March is right around league average for the season.
Poor Jaylen, even when he plays like the best player on the team he is not efficient. What a disgrace

KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#516 » by KillahGhostface » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:57 pm

Stan34 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Poor Jaylen, even when he plays like the best player on the teaml

zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#517 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 4, 2024 10:53 am

Hopefully doesn't affect him in the playoffs.

Potential workaround is to handle the ball less esp with the left hand. :D
Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,713

Post#518 » by Romeiro Celtic » Thu Apr 4, 2024 1:13 pm

Boston Celtics wing Jaylen Brown is playing through a ligament injury in his left hand. Brown said he has some sort of sprain or strain that is causing him discomfort, but that he doesn't think it's a big deal. Brown said he doesn't believe the injury will cause him to miss any time.

Brown is averaging 23.2 points, 5.5 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game. The three-time All-Star has also shot a career-best 50.2% from the field this season. In addition, Brown has taken the role of defending the opponent's best big forward most nights.

The Celtics have clinched the NBA's best record and homecourt advantage throughout the NBA Playoffs. That should afford Boston the ability to rest players, including Brown, as they see fit over the final six games of the season.

As per Wiretap

Apparently Brown is playing through injury. I guess the best option for now would be to rest him this last 6 games so that he doesn't feel any discomfort anymore come playoff time.
Al Horford wrote:Brad Stevens is a genius, man.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#519 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:51 pm

He can be frustrating af but then he's capable of doing this...
Read on Twitter
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,287

Post#520 » by brackdan70 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 3:13 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:He can be frustrating af but then he's capable of doing this...
Read on Twitter

Closed out the game right there. Clutch doesn’t always happen in the last 30 seconds.
Sign here

Return to Boston Celtics