ImageImageImage

Jaylen Brown Thread, con't – (New Poll)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who would you prefer on a Jaylen Brown-led Unit? (Post-Trade Deadline)

Holiday/White
32%
Porzingis/Horford
27%
Kornet
No votes
Tillman
9%
Hauser
9%
Pritchard
9%
Mykhailiuk
No votes
Brissett
No votes
Queta
5%
Walsh/Springer
9%

Total votes: 22

BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,883

Re: Jaylen Brown Thread, con't – (PotW - Mar 4, 2024) 

Post#461 » by BK_2020 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:36 pm

Homerclease wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=2r3K1qCL2UmIu9zb8OVdDw

Say what you want about the guy, but that’s a money line from Brown.

"When you shoot 30-10-50 in the first three games of the ECF, while taking the most shots on the team, what you had was experience."
Sweet Serenity
Senior
And1: 937

Post#462 » by Sweet Serenity » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:53 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=2r3K1qCL2UmIu9zb8OVdDw

Say what you want about the guy, but that’s a money line from Brown.

"When you shoot 30-10-50 in the first three games of the ECF, while taking the most shots on the team, what you had was experience."

“When you have an unhealthy obsession with disliking a certain person & can’t help but take shots even when they’re trying to self-improve.”

You’re like the obsessed ex-boyfriend that can’t move on lol
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

Post#463 » by Parliament10 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:05 am

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
MSTRJMES
Ballboy
And1: 27

Post#464 » by MSTRJMES » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:41 pm

The ball moves when JB does not play. How does his 60M next year affect White and Holiday?
Stan34
Senior
And1: 441

Post#465 » by Stan34 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:46 pm

MSTRJMES wrote:The ball moves when JB does not play. How does his 60M next year affect White and Holiday?
Brad Stevens, one of the best in the business, gave the best contract in NBA history to a player we are better without.

Inviato dal mio CPH2399 utilizzando Tapatalk
MSTRJMES
Ballboy

Post#466 » by MSTRJMES » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:02 am

Stan34 wrote:
MSTRJMES wrote:The ball moves when JB does not play. How does his 60M next year affect White and Holiday?
Brad Stevens, one of the best in the business, gave the best contract in NBA history to a player we are better without.

He had to sign him…was not allowed to trade.

Trade him to Houston for players and a boat load of picks…
Stan34
Senior
And1: 441

Post#467 » by Stan34 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:54 am

MSTRJMES wrote:
Stan34 wrote:

That's seven years people like you try to sell the narrative the Celtics are going to trade Jaylen. Every year the same story. Are you not tired?
Play another game please.

sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#468 » by sam_I_am » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:05 am

Stan34 wrote:
MSTRJMES wrote:
Stan34 wrote:Brad Stevens, one of the best in the business, gave the best contract in NBA history to a player we are better without.

That's seven years people like you try to sell the narrative the Celtics are going to trade Jaylen. Every year the same story. Are you not tired?

JB has been top 5 NBA player since all-star game. Even the highly suspect on/off stats used to trash him on this thread say so. It’s so nice to see the most maligned players here - JB, White, Kornet and PP - playing so well.

As I post this, JB is dominating and making ESPN top 10 type plays.
MSTRJMES
Ballboy

Post#469 » by MSTRJMES » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:08 am

sam_I_am wrote:
Stan34 wrote:
MSTRJMES wrote:

JB has been top 5 NBA player since all-star game. Even the highly suspect on/off stats used to trash him on this thread say so. It’s so nice to see the most maligned players here - JB, White, Kornet and PP - playing so well.

DWhite is my favourite player on the team…Answer this, would you rather have White or Brown?
MSTRJMES
Ballboy

Post#470 » by MSTRJMES » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:12 am

If somebody has to go because of salary..I’d keep White all day long
And if it’s Brown or Holiday&White that have to go..it’s Brown
You cannot pay both Tatum and Brown max contracts
sam_I_am
RealGM

Post#471 » by sam_I_am » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:50 am

MSTRJMES wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:
Stan34 wrote:That's seven years people like you try to sell the narrative the Celtics are going to trade Jaylen. Every year the same story. Are you not tired?

DWhite is my favourite player on the team…Answer this, would you rather have White or Brown?

I love White and have since he first stepped on the court in Green - he is having a career year and he is almost always makes the right play. But Brown is an elite talent and White is not. If you ask White to fill in as the guy for a given game, he can get the job done. If you ask him to be ‘the guy’ night in and night out, I think he would get exposed.

I prefer to choose both. That said, White is easier to replace.
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,288

Post#472 » by KillahGhostface » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:57 am

sam_I_am wrote:JB has been top 5 NBA player since all-star game. Even the highly suspect on/off stats used to trash him on this thread say so. It’s so nice to see the most maligned players here - JB, White, Kornet and PP - playing so well.

So Tatum has been top 3 since the all star break?

I’ll hang up and listen.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,006

Post#473 » by Fierce1 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:58 am

MSTRJMES wrote:If somebody has to go because of salary..I’d keep White all day long
And if it’s Brown or Holiday&White that have to go..it’s Brown
You cannot pay both Tatum and Brown max contracts

That is not true.

Cs can pay both JT and JB the max.

It might hurt financially, but as long as the Cs are willing to pay, you'll see both JT and JB playing together until 2030 with both having max contracts.
Objectivity
Sophomore
And1: 239

Post#474 » by Objectivity » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:59 am

JBs forces a ton of dumb predicable shots while missing tons of easy layups for other teammates. He makes the game a lot harder than it should be. We have a roster of capable shooters.

His play style freezes his teammates out.

JBs basketball IQ is so low he gets graded on a curve and praised for “heart” and “physicality” when he’s just charging through defenders trying to prove a point and get numbers all game.

Will there ever be a day JB will get judged more on basketball skills? Based on skills he’s not in the same league as Drew or White.

I do agree with White’s father. Like Ive been saying all year, it’s cute and experimental in the regular season, but in the playoffs the point guards need to run the offense. It makes the game easier for the TEAM.

The JB dribble the ball out and force an off target pass at the end of the shot clock is NOT a good play.

Yes, he may get a few more assists by dribbling the air out the ball, or dominating more possessions, but it’s so selfish and immature.

You are the worse ball handler and decision maker. Just give the ball up.

Playing team basketball will make it easier for everyone else. No matter how many quality coaches he’s had, JB still does not GET IT.

Recently quoted saying he would be an MVP candidate if he was #1 on his own team.

Please! Get him off this team!
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,006

Post#475 » by Fierce1 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:02 am

Objectivity wrote:JBs forces a ton of dumb predicable shots while missing tons of easy layups for other teammates. He makes the game a lot harder than it should be. We have a roster of capable shooters.

JBs basketball IQ is so low he gets graded on a curve and praised for “heart” and “physicality” when he’s just charging through defenders trying to prove a point and get numbers all game.

Will there ever be a day JB will get judged more on basketball skills? Based on skills he’s not in the same league as Drew or White.

I do agree with White’s father. Like Ive been saying all year, it’s cute and experimental in the regular season, but in the playoffs the point guards need to run the offense. It makes the game easier for the TEAM.

The JB dribble the ball out and force an off target pass at the end of the shot clock is NOT a good play.

Yes, he may get a few more assists by dribbling the air out the ball, or dominating more possessions, but it’s so selfish and immature.

Playing team basketball will make it easier for everyone else. No matter how many quality coaches he’s had, JB still does not GET IT.

Recently quoted saying he would be an MVP candidate if he was #1 on his own team.

Are you willing to wait until 2034? :lol:
KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#476 » by KillahGhostface » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:04 am

I gotta be honest, I can’t’t fathom how anyone can be this whiny/overtly negative with the way Jaylen has played lol.

It’s past caricature at this point.
sam_I_am
RealGM

Post#477 » by sam_I_am » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:08 am

KillahGhostface wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:JB has been top 5 NBA player since all-star game. Even the highly suspect on/off stats used to trash him on this thread say so. It’s so nice to see the most maligned players here - JB, White, Kornet and PP - playing so well.

I’ll hang up and listen.

Tatum is the best Celtic and my favorite player. I’m not sure what point you are trying to make. Are you trying to change the subject to Brown vs. Tatum to cover up the fact that your opinion about Brown over the past 2 years has not panned out? I’m not saying Brown is a top 5 player in NBA, just joining a chorus of Celtics beat writers in pointing out how good his last 13 games have been. I think he has been top 5 in pts, top 5 in points in the paint, top 5 in on/off rating, 42% from 3….
Celticfan_N_FL
Analyst
And1: 1,027

Post#478 » by Celticfan_N_FL » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:09 am

Objectivity wrote:JBs forces a ton of dumb predicable shots while missing tons of easy layups for other teammates. He makes the game a lot harder than it should be. We have a roster of capable shooters.

Your commitment to the schtick is admirable.
KillahGhostface
Starter

Post#479 » by KillahGhostface » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:11 am

sam_I_am wrote:
KillahGhostface wrote:

I’ll hang up and listen.

Tatum is the best Celtic and my favorite player. I’m not sure what point you are trying to make. Are you trying to change the subject to Brown vs. Tatum to cover up the fact that your opinion about Brown over the past 2 years has not panned out? I’m not saying Brown is a top 5 player in NBA, just joining a chorus of Celtics beat writers in pointing out how good his last 13 games have been.

KillahGhostface wrote:I gotta be honest, I can’t’t fathom how anyone can be this whiny/overtly negative with the way Jaylen has played lol.

It’s past caricature at this point.

Jaylen is playing better than I ever imagined, and I’ll gladly eat crow, because I want a title lol.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,287

Post#480 » by brackdan70 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:14 am

49.3 million but who’s counting. Has no effect on Holiday or White contracts
Sign here

Return to Boston Celtics