ImageImageImage

Jaylen Brown Thread, con't – (New Poll)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who would you prefer on a Jaylen Brown-led Unit? (Post-Trade Deadline)

Holiday/White
32%
Porzingis/Horford
27%
Kornet
No votes
Tillman
9%
Hauser
9%
Pritchard
9%
Mykhailiuk
No votes
Brissett
No votes
Queta
5%
Walsh/Springer
9%

Total votes: 22

Objectivity
Sophomore
And1: 239

Re: Jaylen Brown Thread, con't – (PotW - Mar 4, 2024) 

Post#421 » by Objectivity » Wed Mar 6, 2024 12:55 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:
Objectivity wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
Read on Twitter

It’s quite funny that you abandoned an account & thought that nobody would notice :lol:

I don’t know much about you or the multiple posters others have accused me of being. I understand the JB cult initiation requires abandoning all logic.

But let’s try using logic for a second. A new poster does not worship your lord, for valid BASKETBALL reasons. You can’t compute how it’s possible multiple people don’t worship the ground JB walks on.

Conclusion: JB cult members’ IQ matches JB’s basketball IQ. I’ll continue to ignore the silly accusations and stick to basketball. The paranoid delusions are mildly entertaining, so carry on.

Continue to envision a world where everyone loves JB’s play.

Judging by what I just read, you don’t get out much do you ?

JB cult member logic strikes again. A poster who could have easily ignored my posts the same way I’ve ignored the non basketball stuff.

How much do any of us “get out” if we have an account on a basketball message board? Watching Celtics basketball is just a hobby. Relax and carry on lol

I got to watch this game. JBs jacking up a bunch of ill advised shots and jogging back on D.

Pure entertainment!
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

Post#422 » by Parliament10 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 1:41 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:
Objectivity wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
Read on Twitter

It’s quite funny that you abandoned an account & thought that nobody would notice :lol:

I don’t know much about you or the multiple posters others have accused me of being. I understand the JB cult initiation requires abandoning all logic.

But let’s try using logic for a second. A new poster does not worship your lord, for valid BASKETBALL reasons. You can’t compute how it’s possible multiple people don’t worship the ground JB walks on.

Conclusion: JB cult members’ IQ matches JB’s basketball IQ. I’ll continue to ignore the silly accusations and stick to basketball. The paranoid delusions are mildly entertaining, so carry on.

Continue to envision a world where everyone loves JB’s play.

Judging by what I just read, you don’t get out much do you ?

Comment on the Subject of the Thread. Not the Poster.
Personal Attacks could result in a Ban.

~ Parl
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,692

Post#423 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:45 am

Gant wrote:Philly recently tried to take away all three pointers and did. But that backfired as the Celtics pounded the ball inside and hit a great percentage. Plus they got fouled repeatedly, sending Brown, Tatum and Porzingis to the line a ton.

Golden State tried to funnel the three point shots to what they considered a weak link. That could not possibly have failed more spectacularly.

5-10 from 3 isn't that spectacular on its own.

But whatever GS felt it was taking away instead doesn't seem to have been taken away. :)
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,883

Post#424 » by BK_2020 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 2:50 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
Gant wrote:Philly recently tried to take away all three pointers and did. But that backfired as the Celtics pounded the ball inside and hit a great percentage. Plus they got fouled repeatedly, sending Brown, Tatum and Porzingis to the line a ton.

Golden State tried to funnel the three point shots to what they considered a weak link. That could not possibly have failed more spectacularly.

But whatever GS felt it was taking away instead doesn't seem to have been taken away. :)

5-10 from 3 over the course of a full game is 150 ORtg.
Bleedsgreen
Pro Prospect
And1: 332

Post#425 » by Bleedsgreen » Wed Mar 6, 2024 4:15 am

BK_2020 wrote:

5-10 from 3 over the course of a full game is 150 ORtg.

Going back to my earlier post I seem to remember when teams would do this to Marcus Smart and would have good results as he couldn't shoot near the 5-10.
"Kyrie will 100% win this standoff btw." A Comedian
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#426 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:12 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:Career playoff true shooting %
Tatum - 56.9%
Brown - 57.7%

Quite interesting that our supposed “weak link” has a better true shooting percentage for his playoff career than our best player …

They should be approximately equal.

What should not be, and isn't, approximately equal is the amount of defensive attention they respectively receive.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Re: Jaylen Brown Thread, con't – (Poll is about JB-led Units) 

Post#427 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:15 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:
Celticfan_N_FL wrote:
Objectivity wrote:Great TEAM win! Did not learn anything about JB we didn’t already know. Shot 19 shots in 22 minutes some forced and many wide open. Shots fell today.

Again, the scouting report is out on JB. He’s the one player that will deviate from team basketball, which is much harder to defend.

Highly unlikely we see the warriors again this year but playoff JB is still a concern. Put a little pressure on JB to make decisions and keep the ball out of the more cerebral players. Let JB shoot 20+ and lead your team in attempts and decision making = get bounced in the playoffs again.

JB cult. Celebrate. JB made shots = JB cult happy. We all know he’s forcing those shots regardless of the defensive scheme. Fools gold.

I’ll celebrate the TEAM win. I really loved the defensive effort by the TEAM tonight.
Lol...

Quite funny that BostonCouchGM disappeared & then this guy suddenly showed up.
It may just be a coincidence but I’ve definitely got my suspicions lol

Now that you've progressed beyond Ballboy you're a self-declared expert on other people's alt accounts? :)
Sweet Serenity
Senior
And1: 937

Re: Jaylen Brown Thread, con't – (Poll is about JB-led Units) 

Post#428 » by Sweet Serenity » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:17 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:
Celticfan_N_FL wrote:Lol...

Quite funny that BostonCouchGM disappeared & then this guy suddenly showed up.
It may just be a coincidence but I’ve definitely got my suspicions lol

Now that you've progressed beyond Ballboy you're a self-declared expert on other people's alt accounts? :)

Correct.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#429 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Mar 6, 2024 6:21 am

Objectivity wrote:Strange. The article suggests that NBA coaches watch film and see JB is the weakest link on defense and offense. They must be “hating.”

The smart coaching playoff strategy has ALWAYS been to let JB get 20+ shots and allow him to force as much as possible. The more possessions where JB makes the decisions vs the more cerebral basketball players, increases the odds of the other team winning.

This is why I fear Playoff JB. When scouting report defenses are more precise, we will live or die by his volume attempts.

That doesn't mean the strategy (still) works. Jaylen has become quite the PG harasser. He's probably never going to inhibit multiple threats at once as effectively as Jrue or Al do, even at their current ages, but he often gives a single offensive player fits.
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#430 » by BK_2020 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:06 am

Tatum - 56.9%
Brown - 57.7%

Quite interesting that our supposed “weak link” has a better true shooting percentage for his playoff career than our best player …

Jaylen's career playoff on/off is -4. That's over 105 games so it is not a small sample. -4 is bad enough that it can't be handwaived as resulting from external circumstances.
keevsnick1
Veteran
And1: 4,069

Post#431 » by keevsnick1 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 10:39 pm

Tatum - 56.9%
Brown - 57.7%

What should not be, and isn't, approximately equal is the amount of defensive attention they respectively receive.

I'm gonna be honest when i saw these trues shooting numbers I thought: These can't be right, it feels like Tatum dominates in the playoffs. But he has had an efficiency drop in the playoffs. To be fair I think that's true of a lot of guys.

Steph goes from 62.6% TS to 60.6% in playoffs.
Durant goes from 61.9 to 59.8%
Jokic goes from 63.4 to 61.4%
Butler 58.7% to 57.1%
Giannis 61% to 57.1%

The drop in TS% isn't about mindset, or choking, ect. Its more about you don't get to play any bad defenses in the playoffs. You might get a round 1 against a mediocre defense, but after that its usually top 15 or 10 defenses that make the semi or later.

So what i'm saying is I don't think its any knock on Tatum that he gets less efficient, it is however a huge credit to Jaylen that he doesn't drop off much in the playoffs.

Even last year, before the horrible Miami series he was shooting like 55/40 from the field. or something like that. Part of it might also be he doesn't get many of his points from FT's, so when playoff defenses pick up and fouls become harder to draw it effects his game a bit less. He already doesn't get calls!
Stan34
Senior
And1: 441

Post#432 » by Stan34 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 10:42 pm

keevsnick1 wrote:
Tatum - 56.9%
Brown - 57.7%

I'm gonna be honest when i saw these trues shooting numbers I thought: These can't be right, it feels like Tatum dominates in the playoffs. But he has had an efficiency drop in the playoffs. To be fair I think that's true of a lot of guys.

Butler 58.7% to 57.1%
Giannis 61% to 57.1%

The drop in TS% isn't about mindset, or choking, ect. Its more about you don't get to play any bad defenses in the playoffs. You might get a round 1 against a mediocre defense, but after that its usually top 15 or 10 defenses that make the semi or later.

So what i'm saying is I don't think its any knock on Tatum that he gets less efficient, it is however a huge credit to Jaylen that he doesn't drop off much in the playoffs.

Even last year, before the horrible Miami series he was shooting like 55/40 from the field. or something like that.
Last year after the first two series he was shooting 55% from the field and 48% from three. Then he crumbled in the Miami series where he was 19% from three.

Inviato dal mio CPH2399 utilizzando Tapatalk
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#433 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Mar 7, 2024 7:29 am

keevsnick1 wrote:
Tatum - 56.9%
Brown - 57.7%

Butler 58.7% to 57.1%
Giannis 61% to 57.1%

Even last year, before the horrible Miami series he was shooting like 55/40 from the field. or something like that. Part of it might also be he doesn't get many of his points from FT's, so when playoff defenses pick up and fouls become harder to draw it effects his game a bit less. He already doesn't get calls!

To your last point -- has anybody looked at eFG% comparisons between the regular and post-seasons, rather than TS%?
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,916

Post#434 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Mar 9, 2024 9:52 am

Read on Twitter

No, I did not know this. Lol.
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#435 » by BK_2020 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:34 pm

The Nuggets are an ordinary regular season team that becomes unbeatable in the playoffs when they can play Jokic 40 minutes per game. The Celtics are an extraordinary regular season team that gets severely gimped in the playoffs when they have to play Jaylen Brown extra 8 minutes per game. If Tatum and co. can pull out a championship with that handicap, the 2023-24 Celtics will go down as one of the greatest of all time.
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,068

Post#436 » by GrandTheftRondo » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:53 pm

BK_2020 wrote:The Nuggets are an ordinary regular season team that becomes unbeatable in the playoffs when they can play Jokic 40 minutes per game. The Celtics are an extraordinary regular season team that gets severely gimped in the playoffs when they have to play Jaylen Brown extra 8 minutes per game. If Tatum and co. can pull out a championship with that handicap, the 2023-24 Celtics will go down as one of the greatest of all time.

This team is handicapped everytime Tatum disappears in big games
Stan34
Senior
And1: 441

Post#437 » by Stan34 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:30 pm

BK_2020 wrote:The Nuggets are an ordinary regular season team that becomes unbeatable in the playoffs when they can play Jokic 40 minutes per game. The Celtics are an extraordinary regular season team that gets severely gimped in the playoffs when they have to play Jaylen Brown extra 8 minutes per game. If Tatum and co. can pull out a championship with that handicap, the 2023-24 Celtics will go down as one of the greatest of all time.
You are so funny

Inviato dal mio BAH2-W19 utilizzando Tapatalk
Objectivity
Sophomore
And1: 239

Post#438 » by Objectivity » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:56 pm

How much has Father Time got to JB? He’s missing a lot more dunks lately and does not look springy out there. Mystery back issues are usually a sign of natural aging as well.

I asked this question well before JB decided to enter the dunk contest and declare himself one of the best to ever do it.

People referenced stats on how much he’s dunked this year. That’s not the point. JB tries to force posterize a lot, but if you watch enough basketball it’s clear he’s not a top leaper in this league. Aaron Gordon says hello, but the list is longer.

His game relies heavily on athleticism. I’ve mentioned all year how he often jogs back and naps on defense when it’s not a 1 v 1 matchup. It’s not hate. LeBron started doing that too as he aged.

BUT JB’s game relies soooo much more on athleticism than others. A trade as soon as possible will give us the best return.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,928

Post#439 » by Celts17Pride » Sat Mar 9, 2024 9:02 pm

Objectivity wrote:How much has Father Time got to JB? He’s missing a lot more dunks lately and does not look springy out there. Mystery back issues are usually a sign of natural aging as well.

I asked this question well before JB decided to enter the dunk contest and declare himself one of the best to ever do it.

People referenced stats on how much he’s dunked this year. That’s not the point. JB tries to force posterize a lot, but if you watch enough basketball it’s clear he’s not a top leaper in this league. Aaron Gordon says hello, but the list is longer.

His game relies heavily on athleticism. I’ve mentioned all year how he often jogs back and naps on defense when it’s not a 1 v 1 matchup. It’s not hate. LeBron started doing that too as he aged.

BUT JB’s game relies soooo much more on athleticism than others. A trade as soon as possible will give us the best return.

Go outside and breathe some fresh air, it will do you some good
BK_2020
RealGM

Post#440 » by BK_2020 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 10:19 pm

Objectivity wrote:How much has Father Time got to JB? He’s missing a lot more dunks lately and does not look springy out there. Mystery back issues are usually a sign of natural aging as well.

He misses at least one dunk a game. It's embarrassing and it's time somebody tells him to stop. Maybe Joe and JVG can hold an intervention.

Return to Boston Celtics