ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston, Xavier Tillman!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,040

Re: Welcome to Boston, Xavier Tillman! 

Post#241 » by 31to6 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 pm

shackles10 wrote:Somehow I get him and Al mixed up during the game all the time like they look alike, but in reality they look nothing alike. Anyone else having this happen mid-game? Sorry X-man, but Al is much better looking than you. No disrespect as Al is much better looking than me too lol.

Al is a gorgeous man.
Tilman's face, by comparison, looks sort of like a Muppet and I'm not sure which one yet.
But watch their bodies in action, full-court view, and they look almost identical -- which is BEAUTIFUL
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,480

Post#242 » by shackles10 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:37 pm

31to6 wrote:
shackles10 wrote:Somehow I get him and Al mixed up during the game all the time like they look alike, but in reality they look nothing alike. Anyone else having this happen mid-game? Sorry X-man, but Al is much better looking than you. No disrespect as Al is much better looking than me too lol.

Al is a gorgeous man.
Tilman's face, by comparison, looks sort of like a Muppet and I'm not sure which one yet.
But watch their bodies in action, full-court view, and they look almost identical -- which is BEAUTIFUL

I still see Zoya (I think it was) comparison to Chris Tucker with Tillman a little. Either way, not man-crush worthy like Mr. Horford.

If anyone has been forced to watch Love is Blind on Netflix by their spouse/partner I feel like this whole convo is like that one girl saying she's been told she looks like Megan Fox when she definitely does not. Bet that's the first reference to that trash TV on this site lol. Don't worry I'll ban myself.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,301

Post#243 » by Shak_Celts » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:14 pm

I probably should keep this to myself but since people keep discussing the resemblance I fee like i need to add my two cents. Now, I'm not trying to judge a face by it's cover, and no disrespect to X... but I'm sorry to that man... he doesn't look like Al about his face. Sorry. So sorry. He's not ugly of course but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I behold Al.

NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#244 » by shackles10 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:25 pm

Shak_Celts wrote:I probably should keep this to myself but since people keep discussing the resemblance I fee like i need to add my two cents. Now, I'm not trying to judge a face by it's cover, and no disrespect to X... but I'm sorry to that man... he doesn't look like Al about his face. Sorry. So sorry. He's not ugly of course but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I behold Al.

You're right, which is why it's hard to explain why I keep mistaking him for Al during all the games and apparently am not the only one. Let's just say if I have a 6 game discussion with my fiancé during the NBA Finals about how Xavier Tillman is better looking than Steph Curry I might get even funnier looks than I got back in 2022 from her.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,196

Post#245 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 pm

It's the way they move on the court I think. So if the broadcast angle is wide or fullcourt, I mistake one for the other. Let's just say I won't mistake Tillman for Horford when they're shown shooting FTs. X just doesn't have those adorable lashes.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,737

Post#246 » by playa-hater » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:16 am

X-man with an improved 3 point shot really can be Al's replacement one day. Everything else seems right on Cue.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,194

Post#247 » by Parliament10 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:39 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:It's the way they move on the court I think. So if the broadcast angle is wide or fullcourt, I mistake one for the other. Let's just say I won't mistake Tillman for Horford when they're shown shooting FTs. X just doesn't have those adorable lashes.

Their movement on the Court is definitely very similar. Their instincts are the same.
Tillman gets that 3 down pact, then he absolutely can step in for Al, once Horford hangs it up.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,551

Post#248 » by 165bows » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:43 am

31to6 wrote:

Al is a gorgeous man.

Between Al’s lashes and Tillman being a younger Al but looking like an older one this thread has got it all right now lol.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,297

Post#249 » by djFan71 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:41 am

Read on Twitter
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#250 » by shackles10 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:34 am

Tonight I figured it out. Yes, the look similar from afar like some mentioned. The clean cut doesn’t help. The body motion and how they move up and down the court is similar too as mentioned, but just as much as anything else I think it’s the full length all white tights that make them look so similar.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,197

Post#251 » by Hal14 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:14 pm

Obviously it's a small sample size, but these numbers are promising:

23-24 season for Tillman:

3FG%
For BOS: 42.9%
For Mem: 22.6%

BPM
For BOS: 2.0
For Mem: -1.6

3Pr
For BOS: 36.8
For Mem: 24.9

TS%
For BOS: 72.9%
For Mem: 44.0%

I'd attribute this partly to small sample sizes. But also partly to him now being healthy. And also now being on a MUCH better team with much better spacing.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,196

Post#252 » by ConstableGeneva » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:21 pm

All Tillman needs now is the clapping after a missed bunny and the fake flinch after missed opponent free throws.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,522

Post#253 » by Homerclease » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:32 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=2r3K1qCL2UmIu9zb8OVdDw
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,673

Post#254 » by KillahGhostface » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:41 pm

He’s our PJ Tucker.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#255 » by Larry_Russell » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:07 pm

KillahGhostface wrote:He’s our PJ Tucker.

He is our Jokic stopper.

If we meet Denver I expect to see us run a 2 big lineup a bunch with Jrue or White off the bench.

White/Jrue
Brown
Tatum/Hauser
KP
Horford/Tillman

and lets KP just defend that dunkers spot (Gordon) with his 7foot3 height.

Jokic has Horford and Tillman all game long to deal with. Smart, heady defenders.
And Murray has White and Jrue to deal with all game long.

Also, I have to assume that Denver would want Gordon on Tatum, so that would mean MPjr would have to defend KP, which is a mismatch for us.
CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 10,979

Post#256 » by CelticsPride18 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:28 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:

He is our Jokic stopper.

If we meet Denver I expect to see us run a 2 big lineup a bunch with Jrue or White off the bench.

White/Jrue
Brown
Tatum/Hauser
KP
Horford/Tillman

Jokic has Horford and Tillman all game long to deal with. Smart, heady defenders.

Also, I have to assume that Denver would want Gordon on Tatum, so that would mean MPjr would have to defend KP, which is a mismatch for us.

There is no Jokic stopper
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#257 » by Larry_Russell » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:59 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:

He is our Jokic stopper.

White/Jrue
Brown
Tatum/Hauser
KP
Horford/Tillman

There is no Jokic stopper

Despite the term, its not expected that any player will stop any other player, especially in the modern NBA where defense is punished.

What you need to do is make Jokic's support have a long hard night, and have guys that can just keep a body on Jokic all game long.

This lineup does it.

Jokic looks at Al, X, Kornet all damn game.
KP abuses his defender while being a great defender against Gordon playing the dunkers spot.

Tats and Brown only have to worry about KCP and MPjr - can take those guys to school

Jrue and White torment Murray all game long
31to6
RealGM

Post#258 » by 31to6 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:33 pm

31to6
RealGM

Post#259 » by 31to6 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:35 pm

one never knows where fandom will take you
can someone photoshop some tats on Grover's right shoulder?:)
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,197

Post#260 » by Hal14 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:18 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:If we meet Denver I expect to see us run a 2 big lineup a bunch with Jrue or White off the bench.

White/Jrue
Brown
Tatum/Hauser
KP
Horford/Tillman

I don't know that I'd go that far.

Mazzulla has gone with the Jrue/white/JB/JT/KP starting 5 in *every* game where those 5 guys have been healthy and available to play.

You don't get all the way to the NBA finals and then decide you're gonna switch the starting lineup out of nowhere..and bring a guy off the bench who has started every game he's played for you, is used to starting and has had an awesome season.

There's a balance between adjusting your rotation and gameplan based on your opponent and adjusting your rotation and gameplan for your opponent *too much* that it takes you out of the rhythm of how your team is used to playing..ideally, you are making your opponent change their rotation/gameplan based on you - not the other way around.

With that being said, I do think that we would probably play more double big lineups than we usually do if we face Denver in the finals. I think you would still have the normal starting 5 in there for the first 6 mins or so of each half..as well as the last 4 or 5 mins of the 4th quarter (for reasons I mentioned above) but throughout the rest of the game (the other 32 mins or so of the game) I do think we would probably go mostly double big lineups, with either KP, Al or Tillman defending Jokic at all times. And we'd want to have either Tillman or Al on Gordon for pretty much every minute he is in the game..perhaps we might see a *little bit* of Brissett in there defending Gordon.

And I would only want KP defending Jokic if it's frist few mins of the 1st/2nd half and if it's last few mins of the game. KP isn't very good at defending Jokic - and we need KP's offense so we wouldn't want him using too much energy having to defend Jokic, plus he might get in foul trouble having to defend Jokic too much. The other 32 or so mins I would want either Tillman or Horford defending Jokic.

KP defending Gordon with Al or Tillman defending Jokic could also work at times..

I don't love the matchup of Tatum defending Gordon. Gordon at times has been too big, too physical, too active on the glass for tatum. Only time I want Tatum (or Brown) defending Gordon is if it's first few mins of the half or last few means of the game.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)

Return to Boston Celtics