ImageImageImage

Celts Forget How To Shoot, Still Beat That Sixers Ass! Victory Cigar vs PHI 2/27

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who smokes the big cigar?

Tatum
40%
Brown
32%
KP
19%
White
4%
Jrue
1%
Horford
No votes
Pritchard
No votes
Hauser
No votes
Kornet
No votes
Other/Coach.Team
4%

Total votes: 84

Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,070

Re: Celts Forget How To Shoot, Still Beat That Sixers Ass! Victory Cigar vs PHI 2/27 

Post#41 » by Fierce1 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:37 am

Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:Now that's an efficient shooting game.
Read on Twitter

The amount of **** he copped in the game thread given the game he had goes to show JB’s flaws and mistakes get focused on a lot more than others.

He made some mistakes but overall he played a very efficient game.

To me, the only reason why JB's mistakes are a big deal is because his mistakes are something that you would see from high school players.

Other NBA players of the same caliber as JB do not make the same mistakes that JB does.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,718

Re: Celts Forget How To Shoot, Still Beat That Sixers Ass! Victory Cigar vs PHI 2/27 

Post#42 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:12 am

Tatumfor2 wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
Tatumfor2 wrote:
Too bad we won't be able to do this in the playoffs... :eyebrows:

I hope and trust that was facetious. :)

I thought the Groucho Marx emoji made it obvious.

At my age, I have trouble seeing emojis in great detail.

This is a particular problem on other site, where the "facepalm" and "winner" emojis look more similar than one might think
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,986

Post#43 » by jfs1000d » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:27 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
Read on Twitter

The amount of **** he copped in the game thread given the game he had goes to show JB’s flaws and mistakes get focused on a lot more than others.

To me, the only reason why JB's mistakes are a big deal is because his mistakes are something that you would see from high school players.

Other NBA players of the same caliber as JB do not make the same mistakes that JB does.

Yes they do. I mean, come on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Veteran
And1: 6,501

Post#44 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:27 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
Read on Twitter

I’ve had a lot of frustration with JB and he has certainly had many brain fart moments or biting off more than he can chew, but that shouldn’t stop me seeing the great things he does and praising him for overall good games, without the need to nitpick every thing.

Additionally, he has come a long way in the right direction this year and seems to be trying to continue to get better on top of the good he brings.

Sure I’d like him to have the decision making of Derrick, but JB really cops an unfair amount on balance IMO.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#45 » by Fierce1 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:08 am

jfs1000d wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:The amount of **** he copped in the game thread given the game he had goes to show JB’s flaws and mistakes get focused on a lot more than others.

Yes they do. I mean, come on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One example to prove what I'm saying is true.

JB still tries to dribble the ball when surrounded by 2 or 3 defenders.

In high school, you are taught to not dribble the ball against multiple defenders.

That's very basic.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#46 » by Fierce1 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:11 am

Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:The amount of **** he copped in the game thread given the game he had goes to show JB’s flaws and mistakes get focused on a lot more than others.

I’ve had a lot of frustration with JB and he has certainly had many brain fart moments or biting off more than he can chew, but that shouldn’t stop me seeing the great things he does and praising him for overall good games, without the need to nitpick every thing.

Additionally, he has come a long way in the right direction this year and seems to be trying to continue to get better on top of the good he brings.

Sure I’d like him to have the decision making of Derrick, but JB really cops an unfair amount on balance IMO.

No doubt JB has improved a lot over the years.

It's just his mistakes are magnified because some of his mistakes are what we call rookie mistakes and he's now an 8-year vet.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#47 » by Fierce1 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:18 am

As frustrating as JB is sometimes, I still expect him to be a Celtic for life.

I just don't see the Cs trading Tat and JB any time soon.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#48 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:55 am

Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#49 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:15 am

Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#50 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:26 am

In that Q4 run, the Sixers had about 4 reasonable shot attempts:

-- An undefended corner 3 for Harris.
-- An open 3 for Bamba.
-- A short baseline shot for Bamba.
-- A short floater for Maxey.
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#51 » by ParticleMan » Fri Mar 1, 2024 8:48 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:To me, the only reason why JB's mistakes are a big deal is because his mistakes are something that you would see from high school players.

It's just his mistakes are magnified because some of his mistakes are what we call rookie mistakes and he's now an 8-year vet.

Jaylen's mistakes are almost all products of him being overly aggressive. I get why that's frustrating but I absolutely love that JB is the most relentlessly aggressive player we have. It's much needed on our team where there is a tendency to get conservative when other teams start ramping up the pressure. For instance I'd love it if Tatum had JB's aggressiveness, it's too easy to harrass/goad him into taking tough 3's instead of abusing people by attacking the rim.

If Jaylen played the "right" way and passed every single time he faced two or three defenders or whatever I don't think we would be a better team. You have to make plays, especially if you're a star, it makes everyone else better even if it fails sometimes.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#52 » by Fierce1 » Fri Mar 1, 2024 10:31 am

ParticleMan wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:I’ve had a lot of frustration with JB and he has certainly had many brain fart moments or biting off more than he can chew, but that shouldn’t stop me seeing the great things he does and praising him for overall good games, without the need to nitpick every thing.

Jaylen's mistakes are almost all products of him being overly aggressive. I get why that's frustrating but I absolutely love that JB is the most relentlessly aggressive player we have. It's much needed on our team where there is a tendency to get conservative when other teams start ramping up the pressure. For instance I'd love it if Tatum had JB's aggressiveness, it's too easy to harrass/goad him into taking tough 3's instead of abusing people by attacking the rim.

If Jaylen played the "right" way and passed every single time he faced two or three defenders or whatever I don't think we would be a better team. You have to make plays, especially if you're a star, it makes everyone else better even if it fails sometimes.

Attacking multiple defenders is not a problem.

What's a problem is trying to dribble through 2 or 3 defenders.

That will just end up badly.

It's fundamentals.

It's a different story when you're attacking 2 or 3 defenders when you get in the paint or you're driving to the basket.

But in every level of basketball, trying to dribble through or around 2 or 3 defenders is just wrong.

Return to Boston Celtics