ImageImageImage

Free Agent & Trade Thread, 2024-25

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,372

Re: Free Agent & Trade Thread, 2024-25 

Post#241 » by Parliament10 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:50 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good for him.
I always hoped that Ryan landed somewhere.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,840

Post#242 » by playa-hater » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:31 am

Parliament10 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Good for him.
I always hoped that Ryan landed somewhere.

Also very happy for him.. Too bad he got hurt for a good part of this year.. but he is now getting paid.. As I always say shooters shooters shooters ..
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,217

Post#243 » by Hal14 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:48 am

Genuinely happy for Nesmith and Matt Ryan. Getting opportunities and getting contracts on other teams. They were able to get opportunities and money they wouldn't have gotten in boston. Good for them.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,367

Post#244 » by chrisab123 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:42 am

snowman wrote:My prediction on our free agents:

Kornet:
Kornet will get some looks from other teams, but I expect Brad will resign him.

Mykhailiuk:
I think Svi will walk away, hoping to catch a bigger contract with another team.

Tillman:
Brad didn't trade 2 seconds for Tillman to let him walk. He will be resigned.

Brissett:
Brissett will pick up his player option. He didn't show enough on the offence side for teams to chase him.

Hauser:
Hauser will either get an extension after Brad picks up his option or will replace his option with an extended contract. Hauser will be back.

Queta:
Queta is Kornet insurance and will be extended this offseason.

I know the following are not free agents, but Brad will certainly extend them as soon as they are available.to do so.

White:
I know White is signed for next year, but, as with Holiday, Brad will extend him. There is no way, being over the 2nd apron, that what he does can be replaced.

Tatum and Porzingis will both be extended when they are eligible to be extended.

So, if all this is done then our roster for next season will look like this:

White, Holiday, Brown, Tatum, Porzingis
Pritchard, Springer, Hauser, Horford, Kornet
( ), Walsh, Brissett, Tillman, Queta
with Horford and Holiday, the only ones over 30 years old.

Svi's roster spot may well be open and filled with another point guard (Davison) or another shooting wing. I also expect Brad to trade our first-round pick for as high a 2nd round pick and probably another future 2nd so he doesn't have a guaranteed salary and also can restock the 2-ways for Maine.

I'd like to mention that if the Celtics win, I believe Horford retires. This would mean more minutes for Queta and Tillman. Both I believe are locks to return. I think Kornet might be back, however, if they see a way to upgrade him in the offseason they should pursue it. Svi will probably be gone. Brissett as you said, picks up his player option, however I could see the Celtics trading him.

The big question is, if Horford signals his intent to retire to the Celtics, can the Celtics trade him to a team that needs to move a 10 million dollar contract, then Horford retires right after? Would be interesting. I'm sure the league would be up in arms over that.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#245 » by playa-hater » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:43 pm

chrisab123 wrote:

Kornet:

Mykhailiuk:
I think Svi will walk away, hoping to catch a bigger contract with another team.

Tillman:

Brissett:
Brissett will pick up his player option. He didn't show enough on the offence side for teams to chase him.

Hauser:
Hauser will either get an extension after Brad picks up his option or will replace his option with an extended contract. Hauser will be back.

Queta:

I know the following are not free agents, but Brad will certainly extend them as soon as they are available.to do so.

White:
I know White is signed for next year, but, as with Holiday, Brad will extend him. There is no way, being over the 2nd apron, that what he does can be replaced.

Tatum and Porzingis will both be extended when they are eligible to be extended.

Svi's roster spot may well be open and filled with another point guard (Davison) or another shooting wing. I also expect Brad to trade our first-round pick for as high a 2nd round pick and probably another future 2nd so he doesn't have a guaranteed salary and also can restock the 2-ways for Maine.

I'd like to mention that if the Celtics win, I believe Horford retires. This would mean more minutes for Queta and Tillman. Both I believe are locks to return. I think Kornet might be back, however, if they see a way to upgrade him in the offseason they should pursue it. Svi will probably be gone. Brissett as you said, picks up his player option, however I could see the Celtics trading him.

The big question is, if Horford signals his intent to retire to the Celtics, can the Celtics trade him to a team that needs to move a 10 million dollar contract, then Horford retires right after? Would be interesting. I'm sure the league would be up in arms over that.

Just a guess.But it seems like Al is still enjoying himself too much to retire. Plus 10 million is still 10 million.
brackdan70
RealGM
And1: 8,543

Post#246 » by brackdan70 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:39 pm

playa-hater wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:

Kornet:

Mykhailiuk:

Tillman:

Brissett:

Hauser:

Queta:

White:

Just a guess.But it seems like Al is still enjoying himself too much to retire. Plus 10 million is still 10 million.

That’s kind of what happened with Otto Porter Jr this year right?
Though I think he still got paid because mid season?
Sign here
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#247 » by brackdan70 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:40 pm

I am assuming Horford will be back for 1 more win or lose.
Sign here
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,456

Post#248 » by Celts17Pride » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:00 pm

brackdan70 wrote:I am assuming Horford will be back for 1 more win or lose.

Horford has $9.5 million guaranteed next year, he is not going to give that up
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,372

Post#249 » by Parliament10 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:17 am

Celts17Pride wrote:

Yeah I think Horford gives it another go, too. Potentially getting 2 rings out of it.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,217

Post#250 » by Hal14 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:28 am

Parliament10 wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:

Yeah I think Horford gives it another go, too. Potentially getting 2 rings out of it.

Yes, 2 rings in the next 2 years and then he can ride off into the sunset :)

I figure he might take a year or 2 off to spend time with family and then get the itch to get back into basketball and join the C's as an assistant coach.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Smart2Nesmith43
Sixth Man
And1: 4,274

Post#251 » by Smart2Nesmith43 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:10 am

brackdan70 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:

Otto Porter retired because his body broke down. I don't think Horford missed a single game to injury this year. Completely different situation.
KillahGhostface
Starter
And1: 4,855

Post#252 » by KillahGhostface » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:26 am

There is no way Al retires lol, even after a title.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,305

Post#253 » by djFan71 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:54 am

Al’s still really good, why would he stop?
Plus, his wife and kids are ugly and I’m sure he doesn’t wanna spend time with them.
brackdan70
RealGM

Post#254 » by brackdan70 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:09 pm

Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:
brackdan70 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

Otto Porter retired because his body broke down. I don't think Horford missed a single game to injury this year. Completely different situation.

Agree. I was talking about being traded as salary ballast and then retiring. I don’t at all think that happens with Horford but was just asking/ responding to the previous comment
Sign here
neno
Rookie
And1: 921

Post#255 » by neno » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:31 pm

Any idea of brisset's opt in/out date? Impacts trade candidates pre 7/1
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#256 » by Celts17Pride » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:36 pm

All these Lillard to Lakers, Trae Young to Lakers trades that people are coming up with in my opinion don't work. Lakers are a 2nd apron team which means they can't combined players in a trade. Someone correct me if I am wrong. By the way, it is the same with the Celtics as far as combining players for a trade.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 91,149

Post#257 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:01 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:All these Lillard to Lakers, Trae Young to Lakers trades that people are coming up with in my opinion don't work. Lakers are a 2nd apron team which means they can't combined players in a trade. Someone correct me if I am wrong. By the way, it is the same with the Celtics as far as combining players for a trade.

Lakers can avoid the second apron. All depends on what they plan to do.
Read on Twitter
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#258 » by playa-hater » Fri May 3, 2024 1:17 am

Paull George james harden, the greek freak, Dame, Trae Young, D Mitchell, Booker, KD, M Brogdon Jaylen Brown are some high level players that may not on the same team next season.. I'm sure i'm missing a few others.. And yes , I know this is more for off season talk.... But just thinking about these players as the playoffs unfold....

I think this up coming summer will be as crazy As ever.. And they have been crazy the last few years..
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#259 » by Celts17Pride » Mon May 6, 2024 3:50 pm

Read on Twitter
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,930

Post#260 » by Larry_Russell » Mon May 6, 2024 4:09 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
Read on Twitter

I really hope Orlando does NOT do that.

I want them to go get Hartenstein and throw some money at a young scoring guard like Vassell (restricted FA), or Monk

Suggs
Vassell or monk
Wagner
Banchero
Hartenstein

Young, great fitting group imo.

Return to Boston Celtics