ImageImageImage

Even The Celts Cavn't Figured Out How to Win Em All! Loss vs CLE 3/5

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

CelticsPride18
General Manager
And1: 10,968

Re: Even The Celts Cavn't Figured Out How to Win Em All! Loss vs CLE 3/5 

Post#281 » by CelticsPride18 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 9:06 pm

The Corey's wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:The narrative

Read on Twitter

Every writer had to wait a month to post negative Celtics article. Less than a week ago the Clippers lost a 21 pt lead in the 4th quarter and I didn’t see all this narrative.

Do you have the Clippers as a serious title contender? Do they have almost a decades long history of turtling in the fourth quarter to blow games they had controlled for 3 quarters?

Do you really even care? who cares what the pundits think. What you should care about is why the Celtics still haven't got over their fourth quarter lulls.

Wtf are you talking about
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,718

Post#282 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Mar 6, 2024 9:28 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
But point me in the right direction because all I remember is talking about the bull foul at the end of the game.

I challenged you on your stated claim that the team would have significantly fewer losses this season with you coaching, among other nonsense.

Your claim that Joe does nothing positive whatsoever is also absurd, especially since you tied it to innovation.

look, I cant help those who aren't willing to accept that calling timeouts is a fundamental requirement to doing your job.

I can watch the team fall apart for 8 straight minutes too at the fraction of the cost and give you the same results.

the NBA is a players league, coaching doesn't win you games, it loses you games.

It's crazy to me that giving Joe's historical record of not calling time outs, being called out for not calling time outs and losing games because he didn't call time outs that the Celtics would end the game with 2 timeouts in their pocket giving how the game was falling apart.

If anyone think Joe made the right call then they're not copiable for making informed opinions I care to hear.

Thank you for -- even if tacitly -- admitting that you were making lots of [stuff] up.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,370

Post#283 » by Red2 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 10:15 pm

Tatum was ice cold in the second half. He should never have been the one to take the last shot but as he has done so often in the past, he reverted to hero ball. He’s not clutch. He banked in a lucky 3 pointer against philly 2 years ago and that’s been it. We got fix this late game execution stuff fast
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
Sweet Serenity
Senior
And1: 938

Post#284 » by Sweet Serenity » Wed Mar 6, 2024 10:46 pm

The posters that are having a meltdown need to realise we’ve been better in the clutch this season.
It’s not going to be prefect at times like last night but the good thing is the players & Joe can learn from this.

Regarding Joe, we’ve seen him better at timeouts this season. The regular season is a time for testing different things & we know that because Joe has said he’s trying to empower the players to have to think for themselves because he knows & we know you shouldn’t have to rely on a timeout to adjust. That’s the reason I’m not worried about Joe because I believe he will take the necessary timeouts in the playoffs.

I do agree that we probably need to change up the last shot possessions & I think incorporating KP would make life easier than just giving it to Tatum & letting him go ISO. Although let’s not act like every coach doesn’t usually just gives it to their best player to make the right play which is why the onus has to be on Tatum to be better in that situation which could mean a timely pass instead of always looking for the final shot.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,690

Post#285 » by The Corey's » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:03 pm

CelticsPride18 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:
Every writer had to wait a month to post negative Celtics article. Less than a week ago the Clippers lost a 21 pt lead in the 4th quarter and I didn’t see all this narrative.

Do you have the Clippers as a serious title contender? Do they have almost a decades long history of turtling in the fourth quarter to blow games they had controlled for 3 quarters?

Do you really even care? who cares what the pundits think. What you should care about is why the Celtics still haven't got over their fourth quarter lulls.

Be here when Joe blows it in the playoffs.

Instead you're salty the media is making a big deal about one loss when they didn't have that same energy for the clippers. Weird take.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#286 » by The Corey's » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:04 pm

The Corey's wrote:
I challenged you on your stated claim that the team would have significantly fewer losses this season with you coaching, among other nonsense.

Your claim that Joe does nothing positive whatsoever is also absurd, especially since you tied it to innovation.

look, I cant help those who aren't willing to accept that calling timeouts is a fundamental requirement to doing your job.

I can watch the team fall apart for 8 straight minutes too at the fraction of the cost and give you the same results.

the NBA is a players league, coaching doesn't win you games, it loses you games.

It's crazy to me that giving Joe's historical record of not calling time outs, being called out for not calling time outs and losing games because he didn't call time outs that the Celtics would end the game with 2 timeouts in their pocket giving how the game was falling apart.

If anyone think Joe made the right call then they're not copiable for making informed opinions I care to hear.

Thank you for -- even if tacitly -- admitting that you were making lots of [stuff] up.

Just be here when Joe **** this team in a big game because hes afraid to call a time out because he doesn't have the answers.
Sweet Serenity
Senior

Post#287 » by Sweet Serenity » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:20 pm

The Corey's wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Instead you're salty the media is making a big deal about one loss when they didn't have that same energy for the clippers. Weird take.

Make sure you’re here & ready to eat crow about Joe when we end up winning the chip this year.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#288 » by The Corey's » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:22 pm

Sweet Serenity wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
CelticsPride18 wrote:

Make sure you’re here & ready to eat crow about Joe when we end up winning the chip this year.

Eat what Crow? I have them at over 60 wins and a easy title.

Even Joe can't **** this up.
Sweet Serenity
Senior

Post#289 » by Sweet Serenity » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:32 pm

The Corey's wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Oh so when we win, none of it’s because of Joe but when we lose it’s all his fault right ?
Bar Fight
RealGM
And1: 15,886

Post#290 » by Bar Fight » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:40 pm

Sweet Serenity wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:

Oh so when we win, none of it’s because of Joe but when we lose it’s all his fault right ?

How much credit does Doc Rivers get for the ‘08 title? That’s about the amount of credit Joe gets. Competent coach with an overwhelmingly talented roster
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#291 » by The Corey's » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:49 pm

Sweet Serenity wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:

Now you get it.

Joe hasn't even accomplished the feat of getting this team to the finals which Ime did with a inferior roster.

Soon as we traded Smart I said this team was winning it all.

Coaching had nothing to do with that prediction.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#292 » by The Corey's » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:50 pm

Bar Fight wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

How much credit does Doc Rivers get for the ‘08 title? That’s about the amount of credit Joe gets. Competent coach with an overwhelmingly talented roster

Exactly. Doc almost coached that team out of the first round.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,070

Post#293 » by Fierce1 » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:50 pm

Bar Fight wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

That's good enough for the Cs to win multiple championships with this roster.
Birdon
Sophomore
And1: 144

Post#294 » by Birdon » Wed Mar 6, 2024 11:54 pm

Doc won #17.
Let’s wait for OJT Joe raising banner #18 before we start calling him competent. Right now he’s just Brad’s experiment.
Sweet Serenity
Senior

Post#295 » by Sweet Serenity » Thu Mar 7, 2024 12:13 am

The Corey's wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
The Corey's wrote:

Now you get it.

Joe hasn't even accomplished the feat of getting this team to the finals which Ime did with a inferior roster.

You’ve just completely contradicted yourself. If Joe’s the deciding factor (like you say) then he has to be part of the reason why we won lol

Comparing Ime to Joe last year is such an unfair take & you know it. One guy had years of experience as an assistant for some of the best coaches & a full training camp, the other had no experience as a lead assistant &was got thrown into the deep end a week before training camp.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#296 » by Fierce1 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 12:16 am

Birdon wrote:Doc won #17.
Let’s wait for OJT Joe raising banner #18 before we start calling him competent. Right now he’s just Brad’s experiment.

That's also true.

Joe is Brad's experiment.

It's Brad's system that Joe is running.

So if Joe wins a chip, that validates Brad's system.

Brad fell short as coach.

This is the next best thing for Brad.

But Brad should have hired a veteran coach to coach this championship caliber, but young, team.
Fierce1
RealGM

Post#297 » by Fierce1 » Thu Mar 7, 2024 12:18 am

Corey really sounds like one of the known anti-Joe posters here. :lol:
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#298 » by The Corey's » Thu Mar 7, 2024 12:20 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Bar Fight wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:

That's good enough for the Cs to win multiple championships with this roster.

Joe already left one title out there.
The Corey's
RealGM

Post#299 » by The Corey's » Thu Mar 7, 2024 12:21 am

Sweet Serenity wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:

Now you get it.

You’ve just completely contradicted yourself. If Joe’s the deciding factor (like you say) then he has to be part of the reason why we won lol

Comparing Ime to Joe last year is such an unfair take & you know it. One guy had years of experience as an assistant for some of the best coaches & a full training camp, the other had no experience as a lead assistant &was got thrown into the deep end a week before training camp.

I've not contradicted my self even one time.

Good coaching doesn't win games but bad coaching loses games.

Joe is a passenger.

I wouldn't even give him more credit than the Pritchards and Kornets of the world.
Sweet Serenity
Senior

Post#300 » by Sweet Serenity » Thu Mar 7, 2024 12:25 am

The Corey's wrote:
Sweet Serenity wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
Now you get it.

I've not contradicted my self even one time.

Good coaching doesn't win games but bad coaching loses games.

Joe is a passenger.

I wouldn't even give him more credit than the Pritchards and Kornets of the world.

Return to Boston Celtics