ImageImageImage

Celts Order a 6 Piece But Only Get 5! Loss vs Nuggets 3/7

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 9,445

Re: Celts Order a 6 Piece But Only Get 5! Loss vs Nuggets 3/7 

Post#201 » by GrandTheftRondo » Sat Mar 9, 2024 3:47 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:It might still not have mattered in the end, but I would've gone White-Tatum-KP in the non-Jokic smallball minutes instead of trotting out Tillman-Horford pairing + PP/Hauser/? who can't punish them enough on offense. Or even Kornet as lonesome big with four shooters.

This is 2nd straight game now that Mazzulla's rotation choice worked miserably. Horford-Tillman was -14 in 10 minutes in a 6-pt loss. Horford-Kornet was -10 in 10 minutes against the Cavs in a 1-pt loss. Probably in mad scientist mode this time of the season esp with new big in the mix, but hate that it cost us those games.

Still think we lack a spark plug offensively off the bench.

At the start of the year I hoped it would become Pritchard but he’s close to useless when his three isn’t falling.

Impossible to have everything with the way the CBA is but man having a Nate Robinson type scorer off the bench would be awesome.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,600

Post#202 » by 165bows » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:01 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:It might still not have mattered in the end, but I would've gone White-Tatum-KP in the non-Jokic smallball minutes instead of trotting out Tillman-Horford pairing + PP/Hauser/? who can't punish them enough on offense. Or even Kornet as lonesome big with four shooters.

This is 2nd straight game now that Mazzulla's rotation choice worked miserably. Horford-Tillman was -14 in 10 minutes in a 6-pt loss. Horford-Kornet was -10 in 10 minutes against the Cavs in a 1-pt loss. Probably in mad scientist mode this time of the season esp with new big in the mix, but hate that it cost us those games.

Yeah funny I was thinking the same thing. KP has been awesome but looks like he struggles against Jokic on D looks like. So have him on without Jokic although those minutes might be pretty small in the finals.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 14,396

Post#203 » by BK_2020 » Sat Mar 9, 2024 4:28 pm

Who doesn't struggle on D against Jokic, though?
titlebound1
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,398

Post#204 » by titlebound1 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:49 am

Tyakack wrote:
titlebound1 wrote:I love all the felger takes after every loss. We lost by 6 to the best player in the world on a night where JB missed 7 FTs and Tatum scored 15. We can beat these guys in a series...they're just really really good and it will be brutal.

Everyone pretending like we haven't seen Tatum score 47 or whatever it was on the road in an elimination game vs the Bucks. Or 50 in a game 7. We'll be fine

I love all the, "everything is fine nothing to see here" takes after every loss too. As if this team has already proven they have what it takes to win a championship or something and deserve the benefit of the doubt.

When you say "we''ll be fine" what does that even mean? That we will make a deep playoff run? Yeah, I think even the most pessimistic posters believe that.

We've lost 14 games this year. It's ridiculous to act like the world is ending after every loss. The team is going through a stretch of a few rough games, but they've been incredible for almost the entire season.

"We'll be fine" means that a single digit regular season loss to the world champions, isn't going to impact the playoff run in the slightest. If anything, it gives them some good material to look over for a possible finals match up.

Overreacting achieves nothing other than raising your blood pressure.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,918

Post#205 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:44 pm

Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,822

Post#206 » by Deivork » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:03 pm

Very good analysis

Return to Boston Celtics