ImageImageImage

Celts End On A High Note, Drown Out Jazz! Victory Cigar vs UTA 3/12

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who smokes the big cigar?

Tatum
46%
White
33%
Jrue
2%
Hauser
No votes
Kornet
13%
Pritchard
No votes
Brissett
No votes
Tillman
3%
Other/Coach/Team
3%

Total votes: 63

Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,367

Re: Celts End On A High Note, Drown Out Jazz! Victory Cigar vs UTA 3/12 

Post#21 » by Shak_Celts » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 am

I think I’ll self destruct if Al and I don’t get banner 18 this season, especially since I’m thinking of Terrying a tatoo before it happens (extra small one tho)! I know people think Tatum isn’t clutch but reality is, before this season he’s dang near been Kang Clutch! I am not doubting him in the playoffs, he will rise!!!

I hope Pritchard makes me eat my words off trying to get Caruso, I’m one step away from praying he does! I’m thinking he goes ham atp because he seems like he has a weight off his shoulders.

Hauser just needs to keep banging threes like tonight although he certainly won’t get this many unless he’s on fire in the playoffs. I hope his hands burn off by the end of the playoffs and he’s holding the trophy with nubs!

Korney will be the biggest told you so to me because I was sure we’d upgrade him in the offseason! Can’t upgrade him as a 3rd big when looking at how he’s actually performing this season IMO. Dude has earned a right to get a few minutes if matchups are right in the playoffs! Either way, he’s good for morale!

X-man needs more minutes before the playoffs but i like what he’s about, he keeps plodding along even though he’s not totally sure what to do at times. Need what he can give in the playoffs!
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
Memokerobi
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,464

Post#22 » by Memokerobi » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:06 am

Voted JT and White.

Shoutout Kornet for making me eat my words from the beginning of the season

Shoutout Tillman who was an inch short of being 2/2 from downtown
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,054

Post#23 » by doogie_hauser » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:08 am

Even though Tatum (although I disagree) hasn't performed to the optimal expectation the world expects of him lately, for a couple of years now, we have asked for and needed for our bench and peripheral players to step up and become reliable 2 way contributors off the bench (ie Hauser, Pritchard and Kornet)

All 3 boys lately have really being doing their all lately and given us much needed rest for KP, Jrue and tonight Jaylen (Tatum will get rest soon I am sure)

Brad had faith in them and Joe and the new coaching staff have developed them beautifully (Cassell has been an crucial appointment as assistant)

And Tillman looks another shrewd appointment.

Our rotation now can go at least 8-9 players.

We will have a stronger and more confident bench than we have had in the last few years

Brown is finally realised just how good he can be, and Tatum has still got time to figure it out before the playoffs.

We are in very good shape folks.
Smart2Nesmith43
Sixth Man
And1: 4,274

Post#24 » by Smart2Nesmith43 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:17 am

The Jazz shot 9/9 from the restricted area, 6/9 from outside the paint and 15/32 (47%) from three and didn't come close to keeping up with the Cetics offense. Mazzulla ball is something else.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,333

Post#25 » by Fierce1 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:19 am

Mazzulla ball is more than just shooting 3s.

Joe gets credit for this Celtic offense.

If JT will just trust the system in crunch time, Cs will win a lot of close games.
doogie_hauser
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,054

Post#26 » by doogie_hauser » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:34 am

Fierce1 wrote:Mazzulla ball is more than just shooting 3s.

Joe gets credit for this Celtic offense.

If JT will just trust the system in crunch time, Cs will win a lot of close games.

Love the fact Mazz has The Jays driving more to the basket than any time they have under Brad and Ime.

I can live with the occasional missed lay up from both, but they definitely are more aggressive in the paint then they have ever been

We shot well from downtown vs The Jazz, but our offence (esp from the Jays) is evolving where we no longer live or die from the 3 point line any more.

This is going to be crucial come playoff time, where perimeter defending goes up, and 3 point % tends to go down in most instances.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,211

Post#27 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:17 am

Apropos of nothing...

░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#28 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:47 am

I wanna know how many times the Celtics have had a lead of 15+ that turned into a two-possession game but then Cs found a way to respond and increase the lead again. Seems to happen more this year than previous seasons. The Cavs game being the absolute catastrophic exception of course.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#29 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:48 am

This was JT's 130th 30-point game. Celtics are essentially a 64-win team (102-28, 78.5%) when he scores that much.

itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,348

Post#30 » by itrsteve » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:19 pm

doogie_hauser wrote:Even though Tatum (although I disagree) hasn't performed to the optimal expectation the world expects of him lately, for a couple of years now, we have asked for and needed for our bench and peripheral players to step up and become reliable 2 way contributors off the bench (ie Hauser, Pritchard and Kornet)

All 3 boys lately have really being doing their all lately and given us much needed rest for KP, Jrue and tonight Jaylen (Tatum will get rest soon I am sure)

Brad had faith in them and Joe and the new coaching staff have developed them beautifully (Cassell has been an crucial appointment as assistant)

And Tillman looks another shrewd appointment.

Our rotation now can go at least 8-9 players.

We will have a stronger and more confident bench than we have had in the last few years

Brown is finally realised just how good he can be, and Tatum has still got time to figure it out before the playoffs.

We are in very good shape folks.

These are my major takeaways as of late. For the 3 "other guys" maybe it was the trade deadline coming and going, but they've been beyond impressive.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,879

Post#31 » by Fencer reregistered » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:46 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:This was JT's 130th 30-point game. Celtics are essentially a 64-win team (102-28, 78.5%) when he scores that much.

By way of contrast, the Celtics' win percentage so far this season is 78.5%. :)

(They're 51-14. 51 is exactly half of 102 and 14 is exactly half of 28.)
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#32 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:31 pm

Read on Twitter
Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,807

Post#33 » by Deivork » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:25 pm

Jrue sneakily playing very well lately. He's doing more with less now.

Return to Boston Celtics